Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Jesus H. Christ. Is there not a SINGLE person Trump has as an adviser or tries to get nominated to a position who DOESN'T have some shady ties to Russia? I'm starting to think Trump is actually just Putin in a fat suit with a Mission Impossible mask on. Meet your next National Security Advisor:

2271548-drago.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Springfield said:

Just like the US interfered in foreign elections, so it's ok that Russia interfered in ours.  We park our spy ships off of foreign coasts, so it's ok if Russia parks their spy ships off of ours.

Fantastic.

Yep. Pure whataboutism, a Soviet propaganda technique. Unsurprisingly our new American comrades on the far right and far left love this reasoning.

• Like 2

Damn, if Fox is reporting something bad for Trump...though I suppose he could plead that he has the attention span of a two year old and forgot everything he was told about Flynn's call before they even finished telling it to him.

I think at this point Pence has to quietly be 100% on board with 25th Amendment strat.

1 hour ago, twa said:

What shady ties are you speaking of specifically?

If nothing about all of Trump's, his advisers' and his nominees' ties with Russia are shady, why be so secretive about it? Why are they all SO intent on keeping them out of the public eye and refusing any sort of transparency whatsoever? Is that not suspicious to you at all?

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If nothing about all of Trump's, his advisers' and his nominees' ties with Russia are shady, why be so secretive about it? Why are they all SO intent on keeping them out of the public eye and refusing any sort of transparency whatsoever? Is that not suspicious to you at all?

Pointing out that that's exactly the same reasoning that was employed by every Republican in Congress, speculating about why Hillary didn't just want to hand over every single piece of communication she had ever had in her life, to those same Republican members of Congress.  

It's a common fault with the "people should just hand over their entire lives to anybody who wants it, and if they don't, then that proves that they're hiding something, and therefore justifies demanding it" line of reasoning.  

24 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pointing out that that's exactly the same reasoning that was employed by every Republican in Congress, speculating about why Hillary didn't just want to hand over every single piece of communication she had ever had in her life, to those same Republican members of Congress.  

It's a common fault with the "people should just hand over their entire lives to anybody who wants it, and if they don't, then that proves that they're hiding something, and therefore justifies demanding it" line of reasoning.  

Fair point in general, but I think there is a difference between someone refusing to hand over or be transparent in ANY way at all about something and someone not handing over every single piece of data they've ever had on something. Trump and his people refuse to answer even the simplest questions about all of these Russia connections. In many cases they refuse to even acknowledge that they exist, despite quite a bit of evidence to the contrary. That would be like Hillary saying "I have no clue what you're talking about, there was no mail server and there were no emails and even if there were I wouldn't let anyone see a single one of them because I don't want to" despite there being evidence staring her right in the face.

Now, whether she would have or not if she weren't under oath is a different matter, though IIRC she did acknowledge the server and mail before the hearings but said she didn't do anything illegal. That's why I think the same should happen here. They should be put under oath and have to account for what these connections are and hand over whatever information they have.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Fair point in general, but I think there is a difference between someone refusing to hand over or be transparent in ANY way at all about something and someone not handing over every single piece of data they have on something. Trump and his people refuse to answer even the simplest questions about all of these Russia connections. In many cases they refuse to even acknowledge that they exist, despite quite a bit of evidence. That would be like Hillary saying "I have no clue what you're talking about, there was no mail server and there were no emails and even if there were I wouldn't let anyone see a single one of them because I don't want to" despite there being evidence staring her right in the face.

I think the one part of Trump's news conference that I heard, I would summarize as "I didn't tell him to discuss sanctions with the Russians.  But if I had thought that he wasn't discussing sanctions with the Russians, I would have told him to discuss them.  But I didn't know he was discussing them, and I didn't tell him to."  

just to repeat a note i made earlier, moving forward...while "russia" will be a term/nation in play here, when it comes to "trump's interests" $$$-wise think expanded to baltic states, close-by nations with still many connections to russia...

a salacious conspiracy theory i floated for fun to trumpets i know was that don fits all the profiling of a cuck and that's something he shares with bannon, and breitbart has a big cuck (race-emphasis i.e. black dude white wife/gf) contingent in their membership and that type often features (seemingly contradictory to most folks) racist and misogynistic elements. i go on to suggest that the circumstances under which he met and became involved with melania in eastern europe--during a more hedonistic time in his life --was when he got some of his escapades captured on film or audio despite his usual caution. :P:evil:

a couple times i expanded it to melania being a russian operative plant---actually a second generation agent of this type--now under putin. she is the one quietly "owning" don, and russia was a big driver in helping don decide to run, not because they thought he'd win, but they'd have more reach and impact by actually having "their" guy even be a serious candidate and damaging (making a big mess) everything he could as much as possible in the process. as it came to pass he could win and given the plan was designed that the kremlin and donald both get everything they could ever want, don became a very willing, not blackmailed, partner.

:bill: :movefast:

i actually got great mileage out of that first part with some fun folks, but even before the harsh vibe now between vlad & trump, the last bit adding melania as a long-game sleeper got dicey lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

I think the one part of Trump's news conference that I heard, I would summarize as "I didn't tell him to discuss sanctions with the Russians.  But if I had thought that he wasn't discussing sanctions with the Russians, I would have told him to discuss them.  But I didn't know he was discussing them, and I didn't tell him to."  

That basically sounds like his entire news conference. :ols:

Well, that and whining about the media.

Edited by mistertim

2 hours ago, JCB said:

Jumbo: okay, if we're riffing on what LMD now stands for, what about the full SHIELD acronym?

I'll start with . . . Surrealist Hellscape?

It's not just an organization (Sycophantic Herds of Idiots Energizing Lying Donald) it's also an old but still craptacular unit:

Sunkist

Hued

Immature

Egomaniac

Lying

Donald

• Like 3