Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

That is my point. Any solid evidence of crimes will and should be reported by mueller.  As he has done, as he will do. 

Therefore, the additional investigations going on in congress seem like petty attempts to drag the investigation out as long as possible and aren’t related to the the cause of justice.

So if investigations into the 2016 election throw up evidence of possible criminal actions of the President, people attached to his campaign, his family (two of whom are senior members of his administration) and other senior officials within the Executive branch ... it’s your position that the House and Senate should do nothing but hope the FBI and Dept of Justice do a good job???

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There is so much corruption in the Trump administration, it's up to the Congress to hold hearings and request/subpoena documents. I trust Democrats infinitely more than Republicans, because we see how Republicans have exercised oversight of the Executive branch thus far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, MartinC said:

So if investigations into the 2016 election throw up evidence of possible criminal actions of the President, people attached to his campaign, his family (two of whom are senior members of his administration) and other senior officials within the Executive branch ... it’s your position that the House and Senate should do nothing but hope the FBI and Dept of Justice do a good job???

Seems reasonable to me.... congresses job is to legislate, fbi and department of justice job is to investigate....

congres does have oversight duty, they gave that duty re the president to mueller. They either have faith in him or they don’t.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

17 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Seems reasonable to me.... congresses job is to legislate, fbi and department of justice job is to investigate....

congres does have oversight duty, they gave that duty re the president to mueller. They either have faith in him or they don’t.

You must have skipped a few Civics classes. One of the key roles of Congress is oversight of the Executive, a role confirmed several times by SCOTUS. The Special counsel investigation was set up and authorised by the Dept of Justice not Congress.

• Thanks 5

Yes, and they delegated that role to mueller, as is their prerogative... when the dems didn’t get what they wanted (thus far) they decided to create political spectacle by opening up new investigation.

I agree congress has a right to do it, but after professing faith in mueller it seems strange to me for them to pull a never-mindsie and hold there own partisan investigations.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yes, and they delegated that role to mueller, as is their prerogative... when the dems didn’t get what they wanted (thus far) they decided to create political spectacle by opening up new investigation.

I agree congress has a right to do it, but after professing faith in mueller it seems strange to me for them to pull a never-mindsie and hold there own partisan investigations.

Congress had zero role in setting up the Mueller investigation. That was set up by the DoJ. Not Congress. Trumps appointed Secretary of State recused himslef (to Trumps fury) and his Deputy Rod Rosentstein (also appointed by Trump) set up the investigation (also to Trumps fury). Mueller is also a registered Republican. No ‘Dems’ involved at that level.

Look I’m British but I live here and I get this stuff. Three equal branches of Gvt. The Executive, The Legislature who create laws and have a role in oversight of the Executive and the Judiciary who investigate and uphold laws. 

That the Judiciary set up a special counsel to investigate the 2016 Election campaign and then candidate Trump does not excuse the duty of the Legislature to have oversight of the actions of the Executive.

It’s hard to let go of the partisan party political aspect of this - but jeez ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Wow, you really need to get off the FOX boat

• Like 1

I don’t watch/read fox news, it is what it is. Common sense applies best in this situation.  Mueller has investigated trump already. QED.

Muellers report should be released in full. If something other than that happens, then we can talk about other investigations.... till then not a fan.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t watch/read fox news, it is what it is. Common sense applies best in this situation.  Mueller has investigated trump already. QED.

Muellers report should be released in full. If something other than that happens, then we can talk about other investigations.... till then not a fan.

What were your feelings about The Benghazi hearings and server investigation? Did you feel they covered all things Clinton?

18 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The weird thing to me is that it seems like a lot of people would be ok with Trump merely being in the "useful idiot" role.  I understand being a useful idiot is not the same as willfully participating, but why would anyone be ok with someone in the white house being so idiotic and/or easily influenced by bad people (surrounding himself with traitors)?  Why would anyone be okay with that?  If anything I believe the Mueller report is going to show that Trump, even if he himself did not have direct knowledge of the shadiness going on, allowed himself to be duped by those around him to implement policy favorable to certain foreign countries because of the financial gain either for himself or those around him.  Whether or not it is a crime to be stupid when it comes to foreign policy is almost besides the point, at that point, no? 

You know why. They don't care. Trump is on their side, doing things they want. Implementing right wing policies, nominating and getting approved right wing judges, eliminating regulations and tax cuts.

If this were a Dem, especially Hillary; she would've been impeached. She would've been convicted and removed from office. Tried for  treason and executed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

That is my point. Any solid evidence of crimes will and should be reported by mueller.  As he has done, as he will do. 

Therefore, the additional investigations going on in congress seem like petty attempts to drag the investigation out as long as possible and aren’t related to the the cause of justice.

You don't understand. 

Congress has every right to investigate. We have a President making some very questionable decisions on policy. Those decisions appear to benefit foreign powers. It also appears that Trump is personally profiting from the presidency.

So, there needs to be a thorough investigation of all if Trump's dealings, to see how they relate to what I just mentioned. Mueller will tell us about collusion with Russia. SDNY will see if Trump's past activities were criminal.

Congress is investigating too see how that maybe affecting policy and whether Trump is profiting from the presidency. 

It seems pretty simple to understand.

• Like 5

Really if Muller came to the table with crimes that are impeachable offenses do you think any body of congress would just support impeachment because Muller said crimes happened? No, they wouldn't. And to that a significant portion of the country wont believe a thing Muller has to say because of *reasons*, so a separate body doing an independent investigation from the one Muller is doing would be absolutely necessary to prove anything beyond doubt anyway. 

If anything, the way Republicans and Trump himself have politicized everything Muller has done (17 angry democrats) made congress' investigations necessary. If you cant trust one source you need another. This is the only other one we have available to us. So it has to happen. 

Also I notice you dont have a problem with the senate investigations that have been going on for 2 years now and under republican control. Whats the difference? 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Congress didn't delegate anything to Mueller. Just because there's a special counsel investigating something doesn't suddenly mean that it removes the need for Congressional oversight of the Executive branch. 

• Like 3

At this point when you are dealing with folks who seem to lack a basic understanding of how the process actually works, you start to ask yourself why bother.   Half the country is operating under Trump's specific narrative on the matter.  They will claim they don't watch Fox or read Brietbart, but the fact is they are parroting to a "T" what these outlets are saying. So they are either lying about their media sources, or their media sources are merely smaller operations (websites and youtube channels) that just lift their narratives from the bigger places.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

NOBODY EVER WATCHES FOX NEWS.

I know, right? 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You know why. They don't care. Trump is on their side, doing things they want. Implementing right wing policies, nominating and getting approved right wing judges, eliminating regulations and tax cuts.

If this were a Dem, especially Hillary; she would've been impeached. She would've been convicted and removed from office. Tried for  treason and executed.

....at the inauguration

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You don't understand. 

Congress has every right to investigate. We have a President making some very questionable decisions on policy. Those decisions appear to benefit foreign powers. It also appears that Trump is personally profiting from the presidency.

I understand they have the legal right to do it. I don’t think it’s justified though, or particularly usefully, when it has already been investigated by mueller.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

NOBODY EVER WATCHES FOX NEWS.

The fact that people deny watching Fox News tells you all you need to know about the quality of their programming, but no for real....

8 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

What were your feelings about The Benghazi hearings and server investigation?

One investigation into what happened into Benghazi is justified... it’s important to learn what happened... but more than that is political games... 

For me, the server thing is a non issue.. I’m pretty sure it was stated that the previous administration had done similar things.  The goal with that should have been to point out “this is a security issue, let’s make sure we don’t do it in the future” because tech and email is still evolving and risks are still emerging.. instead it became a political jack off which probably took our eyes off other security threats (ie Russia).

throwing out the whataboutisms hard today. So hard.

8 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Did you feel they covered all things Clinton?

To death. She’s gone and they are still talking about her. It’s pathetic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I understand they have the legal right to do it. I don’t think it’s justified though, or particularly usefully, when it has already been investigated by mueller.

With all of the smoke pouring out of pretty much every single crevice of the Trump house you don't think it's justified to fully investigate the likely fire causing it? At the very least, Mueller's findings have pretty much confirmed to us "yep, there's a fire", even if those findings don't go as far as trying to put the fire out as Mueller likely sees that as beyond the given scope of his powers. It would then be the duty of Congress to dive deeper into the likely fire and try to find a way to at the very least stop it from spreading. 

The SCO and Congress are not mutually exclusive. 

We just talked what Sea-Lioning on this board not too long ago. Some folks need to learn how to not even engage.

anywho

Trump’s strange rant about John McCain’s funeral, decoded

John McCain received the fake and phony dossier. You hear about the dossier? It was paid for by Crooked Hillary Clinton. And John McCain got it. And what did he do? He didn’t call me. He turned it over to the FBI hoping to put me in jeopardy.

He didn't call ME. He called the FBI.

Bravo. 

• Thanks 3