Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Some of his lawyers are already looking for their next gig, so thats the biggest, most recent sign. Im not sure that it means much though. There is still atleast one case that is under seal that we know next to nothing about. One would assume that has alot to do with the subject matter but we wont know until its available to us. 

Also note: Dude just said "If anything, Manafort implicated Democrats" while he has spent so much energy talking down the ties between Russia and Trump. That right there tells you all you need to know. It invalidates anything he has to say going forward. 

Did you read the article I quoted?   I am referring to information that is right there.  But of course feel free to try and invalidate all the things that I have said because you disagree with one particular statement I made, that is a lot easier then having to address them honestly. 

This is the level of logic that we have been reduced too.  I have had to repeat the same basic facts over and over again and they are plain to see.   I dont know how many different ways I can say that 2+2 does not equal 5 before It becomes obvious that it does not matter what the facts are. 

42 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

Others are valid but offer no real evidence linking trump and russia.  

It looks like you are running with the "Those around Trump are guilty, but Trump himself was just the idiot in the oval office that had no idea what was going on"  I actually do think that is a possibility.  Trump doesn't come off very bright, I think it is is plausible he has been the mark, the target of these criminals for a long time now, and they knew if they could get him into the White House, it was game on.   

With that said, at the least you would have to admit those around Trump have been shown to be colluding with Russia, yeah? The folks Trump decided to hire as part of his administration, the "only the best" people?

This also doesn't go into the obstruction of justice angle, from him firing Comey "because of the Russia stuff" which Trump admitted to already. (Of course it will end up being argued whether he is allowed to do that anyway for whatever reason he chooses regardless).

Personally, I have kind of tuned out the investigation.  From where it stands as of today, from what I have read up on, it has painted a pretty clear picture that the Trump administration was colluding with Russia to not only get Trump into the White House but also set up favorably foreign policy for Russian interests.  The only piece of information remaining is whether Trump was ignorant of all this going on, or if he knew about it, any of it.   The way Trump has behaved towards Russia/Putin since being elected seems pretty shady, or at the least highly coincidental that his favoritism towards Putin just happens to match the goals and objectives of the staff around him who were colluding.

Put it all together and yes of course and it seems pretty suspicious.  Is it conjecture right now? Of course it is....but that is all we can do until the investigation is finished.  I seem to remember a lot of people labeling Hillary guilty of.....something.......anything.......before the Benghazi hearings were concluded, and then every time after that when she was continually found not guilty of anything over and over and over.  That is how this works, the court of public opinion, why we are here on a message board having conversations about it.  

-----------------------------------------

So the Senate blocked a resolution demanding the Mueller report be made public, a resolution that passed the house unanimously, across the aisle.  Lindsey Graham said, he wanted to include an investigation........into the investigation to look into "the other side of things"  Ahh, I get it....he is still pushing the narrative that a bunch of life long GOPers in the FBI are secretly Democrats who were out to get Trump.

Lindsey still working on that job interview for a cabinet position he ain't ever getting.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Straight from Rush Limbaugh's mouth to CurseReversed's keyboard. 

I still don't understand why Republicans are so willing to die on the sword for Trump.

The corruption is in plain sight. The alienation of our allies and coddling of our enemies is in plain sight. The exploding of our debt and vast expansion of executive powers (I thought limited government was a Republican bullwark) is in plain sight. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I get the sportsification of hating the other side. We enjoy hating the Eagles or Cowboys, but that doesn't mean have to completely embrace and do everything to prop up Shar Pardanesh (sp) for the Hall of Fame.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If that's all he can prove then that's all he can prove. It won't change my mind based on the evidence available now because what somebody knows and what somebody can prove beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law are two different things. There is also the possibility that it shows clear collusion/conspiracy but GOP congress will never impeach so it pretty much dies there. It's not likely Trump would ever go to trial on this. They will cover it up and defend just as you are doing now. 

The real question is what will you do if it is proven? Defend, obfuscate, play semantics and blatantly ignore the truth, which you are readily doing now? We all know you won't hold him accountable if it is proven. So the questions you should be asking are to yourself. Things like:

Do I really care about truth and justice?

Will I adjust my beliefs in accordance with the facts presented to me?

Am I a person of integrity or just a blind partisan hack?

Straight from Rush Limbaugh's mouth to CurseReversed's keyboard. 

Good question and thanks for at least attempting to answer my original question.  There are a lot of ongoing investigations that will shed more light on what really happened.  mueller Is not the only one investigating circumstances surrounding this. If Mueller Indicts trump then he will have his chance to defend himself against the charges.  I honestly dont know what I will think until i see the details but if there is enough evidence that can be proven I will have to hold him accountable. 

I have not really done any of the things you suggested.   If you note I have not tried to prove that he is innocent only that he has not been proven guilty of collusion nor has anyone else... yet.  

Amazingly this seemingly obvious statement sounds outrageous to everyone.  I wonder why?  

Yes it was rush limbaugh that made me state the obvious.   Damn him and the other 1% of conservative voices available in the 99% liberal dominated information space.

Edited by CurseReversed
  • Haha 1

So 

6 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

Yes it was rush limbaugh that made me state the obvious.   Damn him and the other 1% of conservative voices available in the 99% liberal dominated information space.

Don't Fox and Limbaugh always brag about their ratings? (They do)

I would like to hear your take on the Atlantic article linked above.

Add: Putting Limbaugh in the "information" space is silly. He is a self professed entertainer who is not bound by facts.

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

What if it doesnt happen?  Seriously, if this is all we have will it change your opinion?

I'm going to answer your question with the hope that you'll just stop after this.

If we pretend that we live in this magic fairy-land where a whole mess of people DON'T get found to have colluded, I will still think Trump and his minions are a pice of ****.  There is more than enough to hate them for even if you throw out all Russia-related things.  And would the investigation and money spent have been worth it?  Absolutely!  There has been at least enough stuff shown to SUSPECT the President may have been doing some shady things with regards to Russia.  i would say it has been a far more useful than an investigation that ended up proving the President got a blow job.  Or about the million different things that the government has wasted time and money on regarding Hillary and other Democrats.  And before you try to write me off as just another Liberal, you should check out my posting history. 

Now stop.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

Did you read the article I quoted?   I am referring to information that is right there.  But of course feel free to try and invalidate all the things that I have said because you disagree with one particular statement I made, that is a lot easier then having to address them honestly. 

This is the level of logic that we have been reduced too.  I have had to repeat the same basic facts over and over again and they are plain to see.   I dont know how many different ways I can say that 2+2 does not equal 5 before It becomes obvious that it does not matter what the facts are. 

You have proven multiple times in just 12 hours that it would be a waste of my time to take you seriously. I mean I have links ready to go for you, contradictions to most of the same dumb ass claims you keep making over and over, and prof - verified prof - that some level of collusion happened between the Trump camp and Russia and I have high ranking government officials agreeing with me. With prof lol. Hell I can even use your own dull-witted logic to show how stupid your argument really is. I literally only need to use your own words in the last 2 pages to prove how dishonest (or dumb, you make the distinction not me) your posts are. You aint the first, you wont be the last. Its a cake walk at this point. 

Your colors are clear for all posters here to see. And we see it weekly. You are nothing new. 

easy example 

5 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

Damn him and the other 1% of conservative voices available in the 99% liberal dominated information space.

The above is a simple lie you tell like its a joke. Your entire argument is made up of "facts" like the above. This is why your argument is invalid. You have no intellectual honesty. Or you are dumb enough to believe this nonsense. Either is disqualifying. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

So 

Doesn't Fox and Limbaugh always brag about their ratings? (They do)

I would like to hear your take on the Atlantic article linked above.

What are twitter and googles ratings?   Bet they gotta be big.   Do you think they are bias in how they choose to censor or control information?

Anyway.  the article:

“The ‘no collusion’ mantra is simply a non sequitur,” Jackson said during Manafort’s sentencing hearing on Wednesday, referring to Manafort’s attorneys’ claim that Mueller had found no evidence of collusion with Russia. “It’s also not accurate because the investigation is ongoing.”

It basically proves my point.  They are basically admitting that they have not proven collusion yet but they have information regarding manafort that could qualify, the investigation is ongoing.  I have never asserted that they would not have any proof only that they have not shown any yet.  IF additional proof comes to light, specifically what this article references then I would have to change my premise.   As of right now Manaforts crimes DO NOT prove collusion.   

Why not take a look at what Manafort was convicted of?   Why just hear the word russia and assume it implicates trump?   WHo was he working for at the time of his crimes?  What was the situation?  The information might surprise you. 

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Whoo boy, hanging onto the "media is liberal" trope, still?   

wowza... we have truly entered the twilight zone if people do not know this.

Edited by CurseReversed

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You have proven multiple times in just 12 hours that it would be a waste of my time to take you seriously. I mean I have links ready to go for you, contradictions to most of the same dumb ass claims you keep making over and over, and prof - verified prof - that some level of collusion happened between the Trump camp and Russia and I have high ranking government officials agreeing with me. With prof lol. Hell I can even use your own dull-witted logic to show how stupid your argument really is. I literally only need to use your own words in the last 2 pages to prove how dishonest (or dumb, you make the distinction not me) your posts are. You aint the first, you wont be the last. Its a cake walk at this point. 

Your colors are clear for all posters here to see. And we see it weekly. You are nothing new. 

easy example 

The above is a simple lie you tell like its a joke. Your entire argument is made up of "facts" like the above. This is why your argument is invalid. You have no intellectual honesty. Or you are dumb enough to believe this nonsense. Either is disqualifying. 

You have. You have.   What does Mueller have?    You have Opinions and conjecture friend, and links to other people with opinions.   You say you can prove me wrong then do it.    

Show me where somebody has been charged with collusion.   that is the only argument I have made. 

Nobody has proven me wrong.   Maybe that will change but as of now there is nothing. 

I like how you manage to call me dumb multiple times without disproving a single thing I said.

Its ok though.  I dont think your dumb.  I dont think anyone in here is dumb.  Just emotionally compromised.  I still love you.

Edited by CurseReversed

Just now, CurseReversed said:

Show me where somebody has been charged with collusion.   that is the only argument I have made. 

Nobody has proven me wrong.   Maybe that will change but as of now there is nothing. 

This is why your argument is stupid. Its a fact that you cant charge anyone with collusion. Its also a fact that no one has been charged with anything resembling that yet because the investigations are on going. That doesnt mean there isnt prof. You are choosing to focus on your weak ass argument. I dont have to. 

Im not going to waste my time proving you wrong if you cant use commonsense in your own argument. 

• Thanks 2

@CurseReversed

(per rules, no one should reply to this post in the thread)

you and i have long interacted in the stadium and you're a fine poster, but, and independent of your right/left settings, you're off course here in conduct.

there are a number of posters in this conversation of the left side who routinely interact just fine with conservatives/gopers of various forms except the really trolly types or the willfully dense or the persistent fact deniers etc.   and we have a few stalwart right-siders who manage the same way.

i see these argument-style issues in your posts but am not here to debate actual views. additionally, you're using sources like dailycaller and rush which will put you in the same category of 'more questionable' intellect/judgment as those who use way-left frothy-stupid sources. also,  you've gone quickly into demeaning and insulting other people's cognitive capabilities, which based on the actual content in play reads more to me like josh johnson criticizing kirk cousins though neither may be who i'd want. 

unless you're a tailgate  o.g. troll/uber-partisan/politico whacko already "grandfathered 'into the tailgate, let's just say we're not in need of new recruits for those roles---we're stocked up enough there, but always welcome fresh intelligent and relevant voices of any stripe, and we'll even settle for those that are none of those things as long as they're not actually adding problems.  

so either figure out----on your own and quickly---how to properly course correct or you need to cease posting in the thread and keep this exchange in mind for any similar future efforts.

btw, not referencing curserversed here, but just fwiw, a note to all: i expect the tailgate will see increasing trump supporters who have never been previously involved in these discussions to start to appear as it becomes more believed that mueller is winding up and the confidence that there's no noose for trump grows.

so, like iggle fans, they might appear to crow (troll) when they think it's "safe" without a full appreciation of rule 12.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

But what will you do if Mueller has been delaying sentencing on multiple people (in exchange for them getting him bigger fish), and all of the grand jury indictments that haven't been unsealed yet, and the other indictments referencing "Individual 1", all turn out to not exist?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Lindsey still working on that job interview for a cabinet position he ain't ever getting.  

“You know when I mentioned a possible position for you in my cabinet, Lindsey? Well by ‘cabinet’ I meant gay bdsm room and by ‘position’ I meant prone bone then spoon, Mexican Halloween, and back to prone bone to finish it off.”

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 hour ago, CurseReversed said:

wowza... we have truly entered the twilight zone if people do not know this.

Nah bruh.  What you need to realize is that the entire conservative media machine is a fantasyland to begin with.  The con that is being played on you and others like yourself, is that guys like Rush, or Hannity, or Beck, or whoever the new flavor of the month happens to be, is that they are simply "presenting the other side of the issues." Therein lies the con.  Right from the get-go, the narrative is false.  They aren't presenting the other side of issues, they are countering facts with nonsense and telling you it is the other side of the issue.  Kelly Anne Conway even let it slip on accident when she said "alternate facts"  OOPS, she blurted it out right there. 

Conservative media was born because the facts were not on their side, nor have they been for the last 30 years, so they had to come up with a way to make the facts not matter.  Hence, Fox News.  So when you hear things like "liberal media" what they are in essence are saying is, facts are bad. But please, by all means, hang your degree from Prager University proudly on your wall as a sign you are one of the duped. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm going to answer your question with the hope that you'll just stop after this.

If we pretend that we live in this magic fairy-land where a whole mess of people DON'T get found to have colluded, I will still think Trump and his minions are a pice of ****.  There is more than enough to hate them for even if you throw out all Russia-related things.  And would the investigation and money spent have been worth it?  Absolutely!  There has been at least enough stuff shown to SUSPECT the President may have been doing some shady things with regards to Russia.  i would say it has been a far more useful than an investigation that ended up proving the President got a blow job.  Or about the million different things that the government has wasted time and money on regarding Hillary and other Democrats.  And before you try to write me off as just another Liberal, you should check out my posting history. 

Now stop.

I appreciate it.  That is the most thorough explanation I have received.  I think we are going to find out soon what sort of fairy tale world we really live in.  I do not know why its such a vile thing for me to post about the possibility of no collusion when as of right now that is the case.   Why are dissenting opinions so threatening?  Why must I stop?   I have not made any assertions that were even that outlandish.  I just asked a hypothetical question about a possible outcome of the investigation and made a vaild assertion that there is currently nobody guilty of collusion. 

I will stop but not because I think that I should.   If I had the energy it would be a great thing for there to be some diversity of opinions here. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

This is why your argument is stupid. Its a fact that you cant charge anyone with collusion. Its also a fact that no one has been charged with anything resembling that yet because the investigations are on going. That doesnt mean there isnt prof. You are choosing to focus on your weak ass argument. I dont have to. 

Im not going to waste my time proving you wrong if you cant use commonsense in your own argument. 

Right, and this is all I have claimed since the very beginning.  It has taken pages of text to even get anyone to acknowledge it.   There has been nobody charged with collusion or anything resembling it.  Whatever proof there might be or might not be, right now the outcome of this investigation is not certain.  If nothing comes of it then given the resources allocated to it, it is a pretty strong indicator that the proof that some people think exists, might not.   This is the hypothetical I proposed and it is not outlandish.   We will see.   Why everyone thinks I have made some baseless claims is beyond me.  Maybe this is such an emotional issue that even the suggestion of possible outcome that does not support the past two years of countless collusion accusations and investigations, must be a scary thought.   I understand.  

13 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

Why must I stop? 

If you don't know by now, you'll never know.

14 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

I will stop but not because I think that I should.

As long as you do, don't really care about the rest.

14 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

it would be a great thing for there to be some diversity of opinions here. 

There is plenty of that already.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

I appreciate it.  That is the most thorough explanation I have received.  I think we are going to find out soon what sort of fairy tale world we really live in.  I do not know why its such a vile thing for me to post about the possibility of no collusion when as of right now that is the case.   Why are dissenting opinions so threatening?  Why must I stop?   I have not made any assertions that were even that outlandish.  I just asked a hypothetical question about a possible outcome of the investigation and made a vaild assertion that there is currently nobody guilty of collusion. 

I will stop but not because I think that I should.   If I had the energy it would be a great thing for there to be some diversity of opinions here. 

with this passive-aggressive reply, partly addressing comments i made to you (violating the directive i gave you not to comment on that post's content in this thread) , you once again misrepresent reality and proffer strawmen (i.e. "why are dissenting opinions so threatening') so yeah,  you will "stop" and excuse yourself from the political threads for now... but if you wish to read the threads going back awhile and give some thought about what was stated re: going off track (not your actual specific views, but your behavior in communicating them) and maybe get a picture of these conversations and the regular participants that reflects reality halfway decently, and return and try again in a couple weeks

well...i just read the post you made while i was typing this, and given how you wrapped that one up with your 'emotional' and 'scary thoughts' comments, just go back to the stadium

you are talking down to posters from left and right and middle who have long histories of offering highly (though not exclusively :P)  intelligent content and projecting your own apparent shortcomings onto them from what i read

46 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

I will stop but not because I think that I should. 

I been singin this song now for about 45 minutes. 

I could sing for another 45 minutes. 

I'm not proud. 

Or tired. 

(No real point. Just wanted to get a joke in). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1