Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

It sounds to me like Mueller wanted Congress to decide the obstruction stuff. The report went out of its way to say that 1) They did not exonerate him of obstruction and 2) Congress definitely has the authority to decide whether or not he obstructed. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It sounds to me like Mueller wanted Congress to decide the obstruction stuff. The report went out of its way to say that 1) They did not exonerate him of obstruction and 2) Congress definitely has the authority to decide whether or not he obstructed. 

That is exactly what Mueller wanted.

The theory that Barr jumped in to get ahead of Congress and muddy impeachment is more or less proven now.

There really is not reason for Congress not to impeach Trump now.  Let the Senate fail to convict, they'll only look EVEN DUMBER when all the OTHER crimes Trump has committed that didn't have to do with the Russian investigation come out.

1 minute ago, hatchetwound said:

That's not true.  I don't think that at all.  They cleared him of collusion last month.

Collusion is not a legal term of art, try again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

That's not true.  I don't think that at all.  They cleared him of collusion last month.

I would write my thoughts, but I'd get a ban.

Instead I'll just toss your posts over with all the other MAGA trash that shows up and blows out as soon as you realize that Faux News has not prepared you to deal with the facts.

17 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

They found that they didn't have enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump and his associates criminally conspired with Russia. But the report is full of clear indicators that they had deliberate contacts regarding the election, knew in advance about certain things the Russians were doing, and had plenty of desire to work with Russia. The main thread seems to be their utter incompetence in trying to conspire. In the end it may have been their absolute stupidity and cluelessness that saved them from conspiracy charges.

The Trump supporters are the ones who started using the word "collusion" to obfuscate early on and interestingly I think it could come back to bite them in the ass. As @DogofWar1noted, there is no legal term called "collusion". Collusion is a colloquial term, not a legal one. So in the colloquial sense, we're absolutely seeing evidence that they colluded as it is littered throughout the entire report. 

The Dems better step up to the goddamn plate here. No more of this ****footing around "careful language" bull****. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Again Mueller literally handed the ball over to Congress and told them to take action. Democrats must take the football so to speak and make a move with it 

The report is pretty damning 

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 5

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

That username though. 

Now be nice. Everybody is going to be fine. The country will survive. We survived the Clinton's corruption, Obama's corruption, Bush's Bushiness. Meuller is supposed to be beyond reproach, that is until people didn't get the result they wanted. Now he is a hack and Barr's toadie.  To borrow a phrase, its time to MoveOn.  If Dems are to win next time they are going to have to move on and abandon their conspiracy lunacy. The right hurt themselves with that stuff now the left is doing it with 2 years of non-stop hysteria. Right now the fringe (hopefully) is running the party. They better fix that right now or there will be 6 more years. Some of you guys will bleed out. I'd hate to see that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Now be nice. 

Meuller is supposed to be beyond reproach, that is until people didn't get the result they wanted. Now he is a hack and Barr's toadie.  

Where was I mean? 

Mueller conducted a professional investigation that established the Trump and his associates were well aware of ongoing activities to disseminate hacked email. “Collusion,” if you will. 

He also established that Trump attempted to obstruct justice on numerous occasions. He left it to Congress to do something about it. 

It’s all right there in the report, if you are curious.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Now be nice. Everybody is going to be fine. The country will survive. We survived the Clinton's corruption, Obama's corruption, Bush's Bushiness. Meuller is supposed to be beyond reproach, that is until people didn't get the result they wanted. Now he is a hack and Barr's toadie.  To borrow a phrase, its time to MoveOn.  If Dems are to win next time they are going to have to move on and abandon their conspiracy lunacy. The right hurt themselves with that stuff now the left is doing it with 2 years of non-stop hysteria. Right now the fringe (hopefully) is running the party. They better fix that right now or there will be 6 more years. Some of you guys will bleed out. I'd hate to see that.

You know why no one listens to you right? 

Something I LOL'd at from the report is Trump reacting when Mueller was appointed SC.  He said "oh no my Presidency is over, I'm f'd"   Not only does that pretty much tell you right there that he felt he probably broke the law, but he also underestimated the gullibility of his voter base and the power of right-wing media to make any news unfavorable to Trump look like a conspiracy to take him down. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

As I said after the 4 page letter, we were going to and are seeing lots of evidence of conspiracy, BUT beyond a reasonable doubt is a very high bar.

That's the bar for a criminal trial.  That's not the bar for an election.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Nobody said Mueller is a hack. People are saying that Barr's messaging is not consistent with the report. Which it isn't.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Thanks 1