Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Barr basically just gave a longer winded account of his original summary.  He refused to answer actual questions on the content of the report that helped lead him to his conclusions.   This presser was obviously designed to be a spin job in which the press had the disadvantage of not having the information from the report already known. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

We are almost assuredly going to find out that the campaign knew a lot about the email leaks and likely coordinated with the release.

Oh yea. He didnt deny it. He denied that it would be criminal because they didnt hack it themselves. He literally said this! 

Barr's speech was such a thinly disguised attempt at damage control and trying to set the narrative. It'll probably work to a large extent. Too many people only read the headlines or listen to their side's pundits.

7 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm at work watching CNN

Barr basically said there'd be one redacted version for the public and another for Congress which has less redactions 

I'm kinda okay with that as I'm sure there's stuff that we shouldn't know about the how's and what's of breaking down our informational infrastructure. On the other hand, the Intelligence Committee ought to rate a clean copy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Was Barr really trying to float the idea that "Any action Trump took is because he found the investigation to be baseless to begin with, so it's okay because you have to be in Trump's headspace?"

He for real said that the president was emotional and upset because he was innocent and everything he did should be views through that lens, yea. 

• Haha 2

I feared the worst and am still surprised.

The fact that Barr is setting up a fight for the grand jury stuff is ridiculous.  He knows he will lose.  This exact fight happened in Watergate, and Congress won.

Anyways, Barr is a disgrace and he should not leave office of his own accord.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He for real said that the president was emotional and upset because he was innocent and everything he did should be views through that lens, yea. 

This is made up nonsense by Barr.

The evidence of obstruction must be really really bad if the defense against "corrupt intent" is "his fee fees were too hurt for him to be acting corruptly."

2 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

No collusion, no obstruction.

You guys doing ok?

Oh man, Barr gave you the report early too?

How many redactions are there Mr. Rudy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't get the outrage about the WH getting an advanced copy.  They could have claimed executive privilege on some parts so it makes sense that they would see it to decide if they were going to claim it. 

Yeah, I think it’s fine for the president to get a copy first.  It will be evident whenever we see the report, the conclusions we want to draw.

... probably sticking to party lines of course.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't get the outrage about the WH getting an advanced copy.  They could have claimed executive privilege on some parts so it makes sense that they would see it to decide if they were going to claim it. 

Naw it makes sense if you think about it like that. The only really issue here is that its Trump and Barr and they have zero trust with 50%ish of the public. 

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well that's just it, if they got access to anything it should have only been things for which privilege could be asserted by the President, which is a pretty narrow field of items.

Now, sure, Barr probably would extend the field of items to basically everything related to obstruction, though everything public facing would not fall under privileged in normal circumstances.

But simply, Trump had no executive privilege rights in any conspiracy aspects of the investigation that did not immediately involve Trump and his conduct/statements (and even then only once he was Pres).

It sounds like Trump advance access to, at a minimum, the redacted report.

And frankly that's another issue.  Is the report Trump saw the exact same report we will see?  Or the one Congress will see?  Or another one altogether?

And of course there's the problem of learning that a subject of the investigation got access to some version of the report and Congress and the public were only told about it well after it happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What about Trump's personal lawyers?

8 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

And of course there's the problem of learning that a subject of the investigation got access to some version of the report and Congress and the public were only told about it well after it happened.

The POTUS should not get access?

Some of ya'll ain't thinking clearly for some reason.