Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It's true though.  Cousins was garbage the first half of last season.  Much stronger performance over the whole season against a much tougher schedule.

He was garbage the last half of this season as well. After he got his rocks off on McGMs face in front of the entire league beating GB, he laid down and packed it in. 

He just did a good job of spreading his bad games around this year. 

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Also this gem

Of course he is going to say that. This is all posturing. The skins and his agent are going to be going back and forth for awhile trying to settle on what the market price is. This is all price discovery by both sides. 

1 minute ago, skins4eva said:

Guys--he's answering strategically. If he says he wants to be here, he loses (or more accurately, his agent) loses some leverage in the negotiations. He may very well want to be here but he's not going to jeopardize his bargaining position. Some of you guys are way too sensitive. For better or worse, Kirk is a cerebral guy and he's handing this in a business like fashion. No reason to nail him on it simply because he's not openly stating his desire with a negotiation in the works. 

I kind of got the feeling towards the end of the interview that he DOES want to be here. With "taking teammates down to Grudens camp" and stuff like that. But he wants to be paid. Period.

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He was garbage the last half of this season as well. After he got his rocks off on McGMs face in front of the entire league beating GB, he laid down and packed it in. 

Our interior O line has a lot to do with it as well. Schreff HAS to be injured. Long is a back up. Lauvau needs to be gone. 

I wonder if some of you guys ever watch any other football games. Some of the comments here are idiotic. Cousins is by any objective analysis an above average quarterback in the NFL. He has been a starter for two seasons. His upside potential is strong. The market dictates what QB's get paid, not KC. He will get paid by Washington because they don't do stupid **** anymore. If they were stupid enough to let him walk there are at least half a dozen or more teams that would pay him. It's not a complicated decision. The obvious focus for this team in the off season is defense, not the QB.

Cousins is good enough to win.  He needs a better running game around him and a better defense.

We need to pay him and then focus on the parts of our team that truly suck.  There are plenty.

Safety

ILB

ILB

CB

DT

DT

OLB

LG

C

We have went 15-11-1 in our last 27 games with a qb throwing over 9000 yards with no running game. 

If we had a defense in the last minute vs det and a kicker vs cincy we would be 10-6 with every fan screaming for a long term deal.

Im pumped for the future. Kirk showed he wasnt a half season wonder. The one aspect of the team that is working is the passing game.

People talk about Cousins lol the overpaid **** on this team wears 24. He had more personal fouls than ints this season.

16 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

He is our Tony Romo. Really solid QB with a penchant for making bone headed blunders.

We could do much worse. I still voted for franchise tag again because I am not entirely convinced by his play.

This is where I am.  I could accept him staying and I get all the arguments for it, but I have definitely reservations.  

And the Tony Romo thing is interesting.  Pretty good regular season QB, stat stuffer, but when it really comes down to it, he's gonna leave you hanging when you need him most.  

Personally, if I knew what their plan was to improve the defense and run game, I might be more enthused.  Because, a lot has to happen to prevent this team from being a 7-9 win, mediocre team again next year.  Under that notion, I'm not entirely convinced locking in Cousins makes a whole lot of difference.  

If you could tell me there was gonna be a reliable running game and simply an average defense, I'd say sign him up.  If it's still gonna be a few years before the rest of the roster catches up, I wouldnt necessarily believe signing him up was imperative.

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Cousins was fine.  Gruden and McVay were total garbage tho.  That game plan yesterday was an embarrassment to the franchise.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

EB of the Sports Junkies just said what I've been saying just say "this is where I want to be".

It won't hurt a damn thing in his bargaining.

I agree, pending Free Agents say it all the time.  I just don't think he wants to be here given his history.

This is shaping up to be Trent Green 2.0

5 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Our interior O line has a lot to do with it as well. Schreff HAS to be injured. Long is a back up. Lauvau needs to be gone. 

I thought Kirk made the line better with his quick decision making? Like throwing to the open guys?

Kirk actually wanting to be here is important if we're to offer him any kind of deal. If he's not happy being a Redskin, then we should tag him and trade him to somewhere he'll agree to sign longterm that needs a QB so we don't get completely burned. If he decides this system is the one for him moving forward, then he deserves market value for his skills.

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

EB of the Sports Junkies just said what I've been saying just say "this is where I want to be".

It won't hurt a damn thing in his bargaining.

Yes that does hurt his bargaining.

If you interview for ANY job and you tell them "I want to be here more than anywhere else" that lowers your negotiating powers with your salary for sure.  To say it doesn't is just false IMO.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Cousins was fine.  Gruden and McVay were total garbage tho.  That game plan yesterday was an embarrassment to the franchise.

Dude people were open all game. He missed them! Gruden and McVay didn't throw the ball to the other team TWICE. 

Probably dosen't want to be here,because the dumb ass fans always blaming him for all the teams failures..He has no running game whatsoever and has to be perfect for this team to win and that is just no fair to him.. 

7 minutes ago, zoony said:

I agree, pending Free Agents say it all the time.  I just don't think he wants to be here given his history.

"You like that". The Dan Snyder head rub.  The "how you like me now?" to Scott.  The lack of any "I want to be here" comments.

I think it's pretty clear he feels slighted by the organaization.  It's one thing to have a chip on your shoulder, but when you  are a 4th rounder backing up a Heisman winner, you have to expect it's going to be a long while before you get any opportunity.  I'm in the camp that believes he has no legit reason to have ill will for us unless there is stuff that hasn't been made public we aren't aware of.

6 minutes ago, zoony said:

If this is true. Than you have to Franchise and trade the guy. You cant let him walk without getting something out of it.

Archived