Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

Just now, bh32 said:

Probably dosen't want to be here,because the dumb ass fans always blaming him for all the teams failures..He has no running game whatsoever and has to be perfect for this team to win and that is just no fair to him.. 

I think last year's tag really hurt our position with Kirk. He played what he felt like would earn any QB a long term deal in 2015 and the F.O. kind of slapped him in the face and told him to do it again because it may have been a fluke. Now those same questions are no doubt being raised by the Redskins again and Kirk is scrambling to get his big pay day.

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yes that does hurt his bargaining.

If you interview for ANY job and you tell them "I want to be here more than anywhere else" that lowers your negotiating powers with your salary for sure.  To say it doesn't is just false IMO.

When did I say "more than anywhere else"? Simply say what 95% of other FA's say and state "this is where I'd like to be, but we will see how things play out".

Simple as that.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

"You like that". The Dan Snyder head rub.  The "how you like me now?" to Scott.  The lack of any "I want to be here" comments.

I think it's pretty clear he feels slighted by the organaization.  It's one thing to have a chip on your shoulder, but when you  are a 4th rounder backing up a Heisman winner, you have to expect it's going to be a long while before you get any opportunity.  I'm. It in the camp that believes he has legit reason to have ill will for us unless there is stuff that hasn't been made public we aren't aware of.

Yup.  At minimum, Free Agents will say things like "love the fans here", etc.  I don't even think he's ever said that.

Who could really blame him?  All of the RGIII douchebags (many of whom still post here, we know who you are) never have and never will accept him, and the organization itself has slighted him repeatedly (no "feels" about it)

That said, they did give him his first opportunity to start in the NFL, and Gruden made a ballsy decision at the time to do that.  Still, doesn't bode well.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Another thing that pisses me off is how somehow the Redskins have "disrespected" him. Of I'm not mistaken the franchise got rid of the guy that they have given up 3 1st round picks for in order to start him. Sorry if I don't shed any tears for you, Kirk.

Thank you

im so sick of these hoe ass athletes and their feelings. RG3 was a hoe. Unfortunately it looks like Kirk is a hoe as well. 

Why the hell should I believe this guy is going to lead us to a damn super bowl??? 

I don't know why fans expect players to be loyal to teams; teams aren't loyal to players....

i agree it would be nice, I'd like to see it, but it's totally unfair to expect it. I mean, how many people would accept half the wages they could normally get to keep working at Burger King just because Burger King was the first that offered them a job. 

knaw brah.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

When did I say "more than anywhere else"? Simply say what 95% of other FA's say and state "this is where I'd like to be, but we will see how things play out".

Simple as that.

You didn't but that is basically implied when you say that.  He's also in a bit of a different position than a free agent.

On some level I will never understand the Kirk Cousins hate.  He has been the only bright spot on this franchise for the last 15 years.

We aren't even talking about a situation like existed with Brunell... where he had a top 5 defense and a great running game, but still couldn't complete a forward pass.  (despite which at the time I still thought he was our best option)

We are talking about a bottom 3 defense in the league and a woefully inconsistent running game.  And we still have back-to-back winning seasons.  The guy threw for almost 500 yards against Cincy.  He's broken the all time passing yards mark for the franchise TWICE.  He can play the position and play it effectively.

We owe it to him to build around him.  I just don't know what the rest of you are seeing... like you expect Cousins to just get it done all by himself.

3 minutes ago, zoony said:

Yup.  At minimum, Free Agents will say things like "love the fans here", etc.  I don't even think he's ever said that.

Who could really blame him?  All of the RGIII douchebags (many of whom still post here, we know who you are) never have and never will accept him, and the organization itself has slighted him repeatedly (no "feels" about it)

That said, they did give him his first opportunity to start in the NFL, and Gruden made a ballsy decision at the time to do that.  Still, doesn't bode well.

Well look at this thread - if he makes 1 mistake "the fans" want to let him walk and move on.  He knows that our fanbase is stupid for the most part and reactionary,  This whole area is reactionary and everyone is always in a hurry and wants instant results pretty much all the time.  Hell i don't even "love our fans" lol I think for the most part we have a majority of stupid unrealistic fans around here.  Listening to sports radio the past decade+ and reading the forums here kind of shows this.

4 minutes ago, zoony said:

Cousins did say in his post game presser last night about how much he liked the DMV media and praised them for their coverage and building up fan interest in the team which was interesting to hear

3 hours ago, RonBurgandy said:

I'll hold the door. People make fun of Eli manning for late game picks but Kirk has single handly lost us 3 game this year. Dallas, Panthers, and Giants. (You can throw in Cincy and Arizona into the debate as well)

Let's not forget that pick 6 in Philly a few weeks ago.

Kirk is AVERAGE! You fans really want to settle for average? 

Well, we beat the eagles in Philly so I don't think we can add the pick 6 to that list. If we lost, then yes that would have cost us the game. 

3 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

I don't know why fans expect players to be loyal to teams; teams aren't loyal to players....

i agree it would be nice, I'd like to see it, but it's totally unfair to expect it. I mean, how many people would accept half the wages they could normally get to keep working at Burger King just because Burger King was the first that offered them a job. 

knaw brah.

I don't expect loyalty. I hate all NFL owners. I love seeing them get ****ed over 

but Kirk was a 4th round ****ing pick. Did he really expect everyone to bow before him? 

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I thought Kirk made the line better with his quick decision making? Like throwing to the open guys?

He does. But there is nothing you can do when Snacks comes up the gut untouched before Kirk could even complete his 5 step drop. 

This is not a white or black issue. There is a lot of gray area. This isnt baseball where you have an individual batter against an individual pitcher in a controlled play. 

QB play is dependent. 

Our interior O line has been abysmal that past 4-5 games. 

Kirk is the 10-13th best QB in the league imo. 

He has room to improve but he is also pretty damn good in this offense, all things considered. 

Its not all on Kirk when things go bad. 

Just now, purbeast said:

Well look at this thread - if he makes 1 mistake "the fans" want to let him walk and move on.  He knows that our fanbase is stupid for the most part and reactionary,  This whole area is reactionary and everyone is always in a hurry and wants instant results pretty much all the time.  Hell i don't even "love our fans" lol I think for the most part we have a majority of stupid unrealistic fans around here.  Listening to sports radio the past decade+ and reading the forums here kind of shows this.

Crazy fans are exclusive to DC

yep 

2 minutes ago, zoony said:

On some level I will never understand the Kirk Cousins hate.  He has been the only bright spot on this franchise for the last 15 years.

We aren't even talking about a situation like existed with Brunell... where he had a top 5 defense and a great running game, but still couldn't complete a forward pass.  (despite which at the time I still thought he was our best option)

We are talking about a bottom 3 defense in the league and a woefully inconsistent running game.  And we still have back-to-back winning seasons.  The guy threw for almost 500 yards against Cincy.  He's broken the all time passing yards mark for the franchise TWICE.  He can play the position and play it effectively.

We owe it to him to build around him.  I just don't know what the rest of you are seeing... like you expect Cousins to just get it done all by himself.

Some fans will literally accept nothing less than an Aaron Rodgers (never mind the fact that Rodgers hasn't been able to lead his team back to a Super Bowl since they won it all 6 years ago). Whenever anyone brings up Rodgers or Brady when talking about Kirk I can only roll my eyes.

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I don't expect loyalty. I hate all NFL owners. I love seeing them get ****ed over 

but Kirk was a 4th round ****ing pick. Did he really expect everyone to bow before him? 

No, he didn't say anything about the process. He just didn't guarantee he would be playing for the skins. He wants to play some where where they want him. Money talks. 

It would be fair to say "I think 26mill/year is too much so I'll let him walk" but it's not fair to accuse him of being a diva because he wants to get paid what the market will bear. 

Just now, Flamzam said:

Some fans will literally accept nothing less than an Aaron Rodgers (never mind the fact that Rodgers hasn't been able to lead his team back to a Super Bowl since they won it all 6 years ago). Whenever anyone brings up Rodgers or Brady when talking about Kirk I can only roll my eyes.

Rodgers, for his first several years in the league, was repeatedly accused of doing nothing but piling up stats during garbage time.  (which was on some level true).

Green Bay shored up their defense and stuck with him and they were in the SB a few years later.

9 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Thank you

im so sick of these hoe ass athletes and their feelings. RG3 was a hoe. Unfortunately it looks like Kirk is a hoe as well. 

Why the hell should I believe this guy is going to lead us to a damn super bowl??? 

This

Why I've sated:

Blow. It. Up.

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We know he has to play perfect for us to win.

He didn't though. All he had to do is not turn it over the second time and we would have a game next week. That's laughable. It was a 10 -13 game. HOF'er that he is, that **** should have been easy. 

Honestly, if it comes down to another team offering him a million more, he stays in Washington. However, if he is offered 3-4 million more elsewhere then he will go. It's all about taking care of yourself and family. If I'm in his situation, I'm making sure my great great grand children will have plenty to live on. 

Just now, DM72 said:

Fixed.

Um yah.  Dak Prescott would be a complete piece of **** without the greatest offensive line in the history of football.

Really tired of hearing about him.  "Hey everyone, we need a QB who can take a seven step drop off play action and survey the field for 30 minutes before he decides where to throw the ball!"   They're called NFL QB's.  They're everywhere.  :bill:

Archived