Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

6 hours ago, mistertim said:

As I said when this was posted in one of the other (how many now?) KC threads...would anyone really expect Bruce to say anything else? The guy is PR and basically a team politician. He isn't going to come out and say "Meh...we're sort of feeling it out. Not sure how we feel about Kirk to be honest. Nice guy, can play some. We'll think about it"? Saying anything else could screw up negotiations or influence them before they even start (assuming they haven't) or even more so if they have already started.

Not saying it isn't true, necessarily. He very well may be 100% sincere. But if you think about logically there's no way anyone savvy in his position would say anything else, no matter what the reality is.

On SiriusXM, Pat Kirwan said that he and Allen are very good friends, and said that Allen answered the question prior to him coming on to do the interview.  I didn't have a chance to listen to the actual interview, which is why I remember hearing it before hand.  Not sure it was simply "the right thing to say."  Kirwan thought he was enthusiastically sincere.  For this year, at least.

I have no doubt this organization will bungle the Kirk situation the way they have mismanaged player personnel for more than two decades.   Kirk Cousins is a Pro-Bowler who was asked to lead on offense with no running game and a defense that always put them in a hole. Is there no one over there with institutional knowledge or for that matter common sense?   No wonder no reputable coach wants to come to Washington.  

11 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Can he please not give away his hand? If the Redskins really believe it, shouldn't they have a open wallet for him?

People are never happy around here:

"We need to show Kirk that we want him here. Hes our franchise QB, stop playing the games with him and get the deal done."

"We need to not show our hand and have an open wallet for him"

News flash, hes gonna get paid regardless if its with the Skins or somewhere else. Give it a break man. 

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Ugh...I am so tired of the drama...

edit

Anyone still think shefter is not continuing to troll the Redskins? Why make this statement? It adds no value to anything. Simply click bait.

We already know last year both sides were in quick agreement they were too far apart. It's not like Kirk held out signing the tag. This year they can't do anything publicly yet. So he took that are framed into a bad thing. I know some of you still like him but sorry to me he is ****ing hack. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

Anyone still think shefter is not continuing to troll the Redskins? Why make this statement? It adds no value to anything. Simply click bait.

We already know last year both sides were in quick agreement they were too far apart. It's not like Kirk held out signing the tag. This year they can't do anything publicly yet. So he took that are framed into a bad thing. I know some of you still like him but sorry to me he is ****ing hack. 

I disagree--he is one of the few people I actually believe. He is very well connected. Jason Cole said pretty much the same thing, and per Cooley, he and McCloughan are BFFs.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I disagree--he is one of the few people I actually believe. He is very well connected. Jason Cole said pretty much the same thing, and per Cooley, he and McCloughan are BFFs.

It's not a point about agreeing. As I said - he stated the obvious but in a way to incite. Again, we know about last year already. And they can't do anything yet this year. I agree he may be well connected. But his reporting on the Redskins is almost always in a negative light.

I respect your opinion. You are one of the more level headed posters in here. But I disagree here.

58 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

It's not about being right. It's about wanting what's best for the team. Sorry you're so sensitive. 

I don't think it has anything to do with him being sensitive, I think it has more to do with your brash attitude all the time. It's a constant "if you don't agree with me, you're a dumb ass" scenario with you. 

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's not a point about agreeing. As I said - he stated the obvious but in a way to incite. Again, we know about last year already. And they can't do anything yet this year. I agree he may be well connected. But his reporting on the Redskins is almost always in a negative light.

I respect your opinion. You are one of the more level headed posters in here. But I disagree here.

I see where you're coming from--I am holding onto "wait and see" mode until something actually happens. There is just so, so much noise around the tag and trade rumors, they're hard to ignore.

The last couple of seasons have been the best for a long, long while, the mentality of our Redskins is changing for the better, Mccloughlan has said all along that he will reward players who play well for the Skins with new contracts, that's why in my mind he will resign players like Cousins, Garçon and Baker to new deals. And he won't resign players like Knighton who he obviously felt didn't play and try enough. Not signing Cousins especially will tell every player that Mccloughlan is not a man of his word.

HTTR 

4 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

2017 is only 25 days old. Lots to do before the Senior Bowl, Combine, etc

Give it a rest Schefty

You know I was thinking the same. The Skins have 40 days before they can tag him again or make a deal. Like you said the concentration was on the upcoming Senior Bowl.

Gruden at the Senior Bowl: "We totally anticipate Kirk Cousins coming back." Sure it is coach speak but wouldn't the coach know something so he can build his roster accordingly to help his QB further?

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

You know I was thinking the same. The Skins have 40 days before they can tag him again or make a deal. Like you said the concentration was on the upcoming Senior Bowl.

Gruden at the Senior Bowl: "We totally anticipate Kirk Cousins coming back." Sure it is coach speak but wouldn't the coach know something so he can build his roster accordingly to help his QB further?

It is until you hear him talk about Deshawn Jackson. "Deshawn who?"

Archived