Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I love it because (hopefully) it ends the media speculation of will we franchise him, will we trade him for 2 first, etc. The head coach and team president both said he'll be our QB. Whether that's at 20, 22, 25, or 28 mil doesn't mean much. Hopefully this is the first step towards some serious discusions between teams of grown men and not posturing for the upper hand like teenage romance novels. 

Or it could just be posturing and PR spin so if contract talks break down they can throw up their hands and say "we wanted him back, it was Kirk that wanted out" and try to save face among the fanbase. 

I doubt very much this ends any media speculation especially since it doesn't make sense to give away your position in a contract negotiation. Tho the cousins thing has been botched from the start so maybe it does make sense 

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ok, now there may be too many Kirk threads.  Ya'll are more then welcome to close the one I started, totally believe the long-term deal is coming, it just makes too much sense.

You have to. People laughed when we selected Kirk in the 4th round after paying a ransom for RG3. People will laugh again if the Skins let go of Kirk after having good numbers 2 years in a row. Like you said it make too much sense to keep Kirk at any cost at this point. 

40 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

I know this must be hard for the dumbass (minority) 'skins fans that want to "trade Kirk" or "let him walk" to hear.

You know, instead of flat out insulting and putting down people who disagree with you like a 5 year old, you can just say agree to disagree.

13 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

You know, instead of flat out insulting and putting down people who disagree with you like a 5 year old, you can just say agree to disagree.

Not when it's absurd as suggesting we get rid of the best QB we've had in over 20 years. 

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Why is this guy talking? This should be Scot's call not Mr. Goldpants.

Technically Allen runs the organization. McC is in charge of personnel and ultimately it will be his call but on these type of things Allen speaks for the team I suppose.

1 hour ago, KingGibbs said:

I know this must be hard for the dumbass (minority) 'skins fans that want to "trade Kirk" or "let him walk" to hear.

Not at all. They're the only ones that will see through this insignificant and desperate ploy to drive Kirk's value up so we can craft an unnecessarily complicated 8 team trade....let the usual conjecture, assumptions and bloviating begin.

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

sTechnically Allen runs the organization. McC is in charge of personnel and ultimately it will be his call but on these type of things Allen speaks for the team I suppose.

Plus I think since Allen is there to protect and promote the name brand and integrity of the product the last thing they want (Snyder and Allen) is the organization being the laughing stock of the league (especially after what happened with the RG3).

Redskins want the fans to fill up the empty seats and renew their season tickets. ;) 

As I said when this was posted in one of the other (how many now?) KC threads...would anyone really expect Bruce to say anything else? The guy is PR and basically a team politician. He isn't going to come out and say "Meh...we're sort of feeling it out. Not sure how we feel about Kirk to be honest. Nice guy, can play some. We'll think about it"? Saying anything else could screw up negotiations or influence them before they even start (assuming they haven't) or even more so if they have already started.

Not saying it isn't true, necessarily. He very well may be 100% sincere. But if you think about logically there's no way anyone savvy in his position would say anything else, no matter what the reality is.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

As I said when this was posted in one of the other (how many now?) KC threads...would anyone really expect Bruce to say anything else? The guy is PR and basically a team politician. He isn't going to come out and say "Meh...we're sort of feeling it out. Not sure how we feel about Kirk to be honest. Nice guy, can play some. We'll think about it"? Saying anything else could screw up negotiations or influence them before they even start (assuming they haven't) or even more so if they have already started.

Not saying it isn't true, necessarily. He very well may be 100% sincere. But if you think about logically there's no way anyone savvy in his position would say anything else, no matter what the reality is.

He could have just not done the interview. Why say anything at all? Once he decided to do the interview, he could have just said we want Kirk back and we will do all we can to make sure that happens. How does that ruin the negotiations? Well accept for fans jumping to conclusions with no facts or data. Instead he made an emphatic statement. And for what reason? To quiet the fans?

You just do not make that emphatic a statement unless you are certain. Now if it doesn't happen? Then you and everyone has a right to call him a liar. But until then you have to take him at his word. It makes no logical sense to look at it any other way.

I really wish Bruce Allen was out of the picture.  What is a team president anyway?  Do other teams have one of these?  Why can't our GM handle these matters?  He reminds me of Vinny lite.  Just stick to the pancake socials and stay out of the media spotlight please.

Archived