Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

39 minutes ago, I Love The Skins said:

We went from one extreme Vinny spending huge money on older players who were injured or couldn't play anymore to Bruce  who doesn't like to pay money. When will we find an happy medium?

we have paid money to people under Allen, in fact most of our cap is tied up in a few big contracts

2 hours ago, DM72 said:

Wow. A push to the face is a butt whoopin these days?

No but Trent did punk the hell out of him and sherman just the

stood there laughing nervously until he was assuredly safe again. 

Sherman is the worst kind of schmuck, can't even win well. He's good for sure but hes benefited by Seattles "hold, illegal contact or straight up PI on every play and dare the refs to call it" defense. We've all seen what happens when that faucet gets turned off. F that guy, they can keep him.

FWIW...if you need a lift in the middle of the day just watch that video a few times.

4 minutes ago, I Love The Skins said:

I know this is OT,but is there someone who keep Bashaud Breeland away from twitter for awhile?

Twitter is showing EXACTLY what he is. He is heading for a RJF dismissal. And in all honesty he has earned it. The guy cant keep his head in the game and wants to be a famous rapper at this point. Good luck!

34 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I see what you're saying, and it has merit. But I'll also say this. To the point I bolded, the guy that was responsible for a lot of that is now gone. I don't have the same trust in the current situation with our FO.

But 90% of those people are still in place. Scot never had the power people think he did according to numerous reports. The scout team that was hear before he was, is still here. They might of learned a few things with Scot guidance and are following suite. 

But to think Bruce ever gave up any power for Scot is naive. 

1 minute ago, William Barbour said:

But 90% of those people are still in place. Scot never had the power people think he did according to numerous reports. The scout team that was hear before he was, is still here. They might of learned a few things with Scot guidance and are following suite. 

But to think Bruce ever gave up any power for Scot is naive. 

Scot was supposed to have personnel power. We know he does not now. If he did before, I suppose is up in the air, but the moves he made looked the part. Time will tell, I suppose.

5 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Was the complaints before or after the defensive coordinator gave his interview today saying he told him to be quiet and listen?

Pretty sure Breeland took to Twitter to suggest he was out of favour right back when the DC appointment was announced. I would love him to progress this season, gut feeling is that he doesn't last very long. 

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Poe could have gotten 5 yrs, $60M from the Colts.  That's likely only going to make Hankins hold out even longer until he gets the $10M + that he wants.

Hard to work out isn't it. Turning down that kind of money isn't the actions of a man with a so called knackered back. 

7 hours ago, carex said:

we're probably not re-signing Garvin and teams are a key role for backup LB

They are? Learn something new every day.

clearly I meant a starting LB. I'm not mad that Carter got signed. I'm disappointed in how we've addressed ilb

At this rate I can only assume we are going with ILB high in the draft. 

Unless we think we can get one of these free agents in on a value contract now FA has tailed off. Based on what we've paid the two DE's then you think a max 5mil p/y contract isn't out of the question.

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

At this rate I can only assume we are going with ILB high in the draft. 

This class was '74's first mistake. 

For it was not only the Redskins. It was the Redskins with Captain Clueless at the helm making the decisions. 

He quickly learned to NEVER 'assume' anything with this amateur outfit after that. 

Hail. 

I don't think there is anything telling from the Compton tender. It is a no brainer to tender him for that type of money for a year while we forget how to replace him. If they think him and Foster are fhe answer than we screwed beyond this situation. Anybody can see that mlb and dt are the biggest needs right now. 

Love:  Pryor.  Like a lot:  Swearinger.  Like:  McClain.  Worried about:  McGee -- not just the play but injury history.  Hopefully they sign Darius Butler that would be a good signing IMO.  I am reading the Colts want him back so it will be about $$$$

Following
More

The problem everyone I spoke to had w/Stacy McGee at DE is that he's not a pass rusher. He's slow, doesn't have that quick twitch #Redskins

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love:  Pryor.  Like a lot:  Swearinger.  Like:  McClain.  Worried about:  McGee -- not just the play but injury history.  Hopefully they sign Darius Butler that would be a good signing IMO.  I am reading the Colts want him back so it will be about $$$$

Following
More

The problem everyone I spoke to had w/Stacy McGee at DE is that he's not a pass rusher. He's slow, doesn't have that quick twitch #Redskins

he's a DE for run downs.  On obvious pass downs he can be rotated out.

Butler might also be a matter of position.  He wants to be a safety, would Colts play him there full time?

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

They are? Learn something new every day.

clearly I meant a starting LB. I'm not mad that Carter got signed. I'm disappointed in how we've addressed ilb

I hear ya dawg. As much as I like Foster and Compton's understanding of the game? They simply don't have the athleticism to make the impact needed at ILB. 

They are the proverbial "just a guy" at their respective positions. They are both average at best in all facets from attacking the LOS to covering TE's. 

Archived