Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

7 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

I don't know why people on this board don't give our OLBs some credit. Kerrigan is a stud that have made an appearance in the Pro Bowl in the past. Preston Smith is an up and coming star that have reek-havoc at certain times. Now if we can keep Galette healthy, he can be a force.

Kerrigan is ok, but not a great OLB. Bad in coverage, very average in run support and above average in pass rush. Preston Smith is  still unknown. Very nice end to his rookie season, but regressed last year.

Galette has blown out both achilles in the last 2 years. No one knows if he has anything left, at all.

10 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

Hankins is just seeing if anyone is willing to bite at 10 mil, otherwise he'll give the Giants a "hometown discount" and sign. imo

Very possible, especially if he likes NY.

Maybe we just lean into it this year. If there's no clear cut help at

positions of need in the first two rounds(that are available at our picks) then I say we further strengthen our strength. We have an old and/or injury prone TE group. Deepest draft in recent history at TE. We have no above average RB. There should be one top notch RB available first round. Etc.   worth a thought anyways

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree not at $10 million.  But heck reading stories about Pryor he thought he'd be offered a lot more in FA than what the Redskins ultimately gave him.  The Redskins got themselves in the game and it worked out.  IMO they should do the same with Hankins.  It doesn't hurt to put an offer on the table.

Then that means they need to send Redskins 1 out to pick him up, dine him and then make a very reasonable offer.  It might work.

30 minutes ago, Butters20 said:

I read somewhere that McDowell had, literally, the worst interview ever in multiple teams eyes. Unlikeable, doesn't love football, takes plays off, etc. no thanks!!!!

I am in the no thanks category too.  But the debate was not what we'd do but what we think the FO might do.

1 minute ago, Butters20 said:

Someone else brought him up on the last page. I don't recall seeing any snide comments in response to that post.....

but thats none of my business

Didn't see that, but it's obviously a Draft thing, not a FA thing.

10 minutes ago, Butters20 said:

I agree. But you responded to the original post with your own thoughts on McDowell. 

Neither here nor there. Not gonna get into an extreme skins argument lol. 

Won't comment on him any further. Other than NO!! Haha. 

You are correct, I did comment on that. My bust. :)

19 minutes ago, Butters20 said:

I read somewhere that McDowell had, literally, the worst interview ever in multiple teams eyes. Unlikeable, doesn't love football, takes plays off, etc. no thanks!!!!

I would take him.....he's 20 years old, talented, long and athletic.  I don't buy that garbage about him taking plays off.  Watch the Notre Dame game and he was non stop.  The negative is just guys trying to hurt his stock so he will drop.  He's going to be a beast.

I would not be mad if we took him #17.  Doubtful he drops to us that far in the 2nd round....when he figures out how to use his hands he's going to be a force

4 minutes ago, I Love The Skins said:

I have a feeling if Jonathan Hankins ends up accepting a 1 year deal it will be with the Giants not anyone else.

That's funny, I have a feeling about Hankins signing a one-year deal, too. Except my feeling is that he'll sign one with literally any of the other 31 teams for some small fraction of what we could afford to pay him, and then later that same day Bruce will triumphantly announce that we've agreed to terms with a very impressive tackling dummy and a fat guy who just happened to be wandering by Redskins Park, so all is well.

9 minutes ago, Hubbs said:

That's funny, I have a feeling about Hankins signing a one-year deal, too. Except my feeling is that he'll sign one with literally any of the other 31 teams for some small fraction of what we could afford to pay him, and then later that same day Bruce will triumphantly announce that we've agreed to terms with a very impressive tackling dummy and a fat guy who just happened to be wandering by Redskins Park, so all is well.

I'm not so sure about the bolded part, but I'm am pretty sure that Bruce is going to be too cheap and the last part will be totally accurate. Kinda like signing Chris Carter today. Because, he's like Will Compton, but worse. :silly:

It's a pipe dream because of the cap implications, but Norman and Sherman... 

Richard Sherman Trade Rumors: Seahawks Reportedly Open to Dealing Star CB

According to The Ringer's Michael Lombardi (h/t NEPatriotsDraft.com's Mike Loyko), "Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious."

Previously signed to a four-year, $56 million contract, Sherman is owed base salaries of $11.4 million this season and $11 million in 2018 before he becomes a free agent in the spring of 2019. 

Those are steep numbers, but Sherman has proved worth the investment as he's remained effective into his late 20s. 

13 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I'm not so sure about the bolded part, but I'm am pretty sure that Bruce is going to be too cheap and the last part will be totally accurate. Kinda like signing Chris Carter today. Because, he's like Will Compton, but worse. :silly:

he's a special teamer

4 minutes ago, eorndorff said:

Im sure Richard Sherman would think twice about coming here after Trent put that butt whooping on him.  Ha, Great memory! 

Wow. A push to the face is a butt whoopin these days? Lol

As for Sherman? Just keep him out of the NFC East and I'm good.

21 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

BREAKING: #Redskins make another roster addition:

a-ham.jpg

Archived