Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

People also said the Tea Party would kill the GOP. Good times.

It seems like it is still in progress to me

letting them win 2016 was an awful mistake though. Even if the party is forced to die or change significantly, they were able to stack courts throughout the country and it’ll take a long time for that to go away

Just now, nonniey said:

Well, that is the result of a boy crying wolf, when it really occurs  people have already stopped listening.

If thats what helps you sleep at night.

The boy aint crying wolf, they crying racism and rape with multiple pieces of corroborating evidence 

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

One time the pot called the kettle black.

Don't think so as I think you missed the point -Didn't say Trumpster's weren't, I said each side can't recognize it in themselves - this forum being the perfect example.

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Don't think so as I think you missed the point -Didn't say Trumpster's weren't, I said each side can't recognize it in themselves - this forum being the perfect example.

Gosh you are smart. And handsome. 

9 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I refuse to act as though you can only focus on one at a time

It turns out our headline reading only, generally super low information voter, NIMBY, raise everyone’s taxes but mine, it’s always to fault of someone else society cannot focus on more than one thing at a time. 

And now we have a dreadfully bad president that “gets away with” tons of things because.... wait for it.... there’s so many things going on people can’t keep track

It’s a fitting position to end up in given how our society behaves. 

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

It seems like it is still in progress to me

letting them win 2016 was an awful mistake though. Even if the party is forced to die or change significantly, they were able to stack courts throughout the country and it’ll take a long time for that to go away

Tea Party lost in 2016 - Don't forget Amash was/is Tea Party.  Most of them just surrendered to the populists.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Gosh you are smart. And handsome. 

I know.

37 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This isn't as true as people want to believe. Most of us stay exactly where they are on the political spectrum as we age.

But I do believe the Fox News base raises a new generation of conservative monsters.

Poorly worded post on my part.  But people do change

(https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mr-personality/201410/why-are-older-people-more-conservative), but a major driver might also be the political spectrum changing.

Somebody who was 50 10 years ago and who was and is anti-gay marriage (remember, Obama wasn't really openly pro-gay marriage) is now "right" of the Democratic party and now (more likely) to be a 60 year old Fox News watcher (who might have at 50 thought that Fox News watchers were the "crazy").

So you have two things happening, but the net result is over the last 10 years the average age of the Fox viewer hasn't really changed (in 2009 it was about 65 and in 2019 it is about 65).

(Eventually, Fox News is going to die because cable news is going to die.  But I think the basic things are still going to happen.  Fox News is going to (and is being) replaced by conservative pod casts.)

(This is for Britain, but likely the same happens here in terms of aging and changes in parties:

http://theconversation.com/hard-evidence-do-we-become-more-conservative-with-age-47910)

34 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yea Fox is going to have to be put in the dirt by some brave or smart politician. Otherwise this will never change. 

Here is an example of the whack-a-dooness I was talking about and none of you even called him out on it. Guess we can dispense with freedom of the press right after (before?) we exterminate a 3rd of the population  (Which is something else this poster called for).

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Here is an example of the whack-a-dooness I was talking about and none of you even called him out on it.

I ask this with a great deal of hesitancy, but do you not see how Faux News has been a MAJOR catalyst in all of this?
Serious question, and I swear to god if the answer that comes back even smells like a "the other guys do it too." I will block you.

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Here is an example of the whack-a-dooness I was talking about and none of you even called him out on it.

Discussing holding the media to a standard of truth and facts instead of conspiracy theories, outright lies and propaganda is only a crazy concept to republicans and their cult members like yourself. 

20 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

This is bull****. In 2019 the sitting president of the ****ing united states being an open racist is just as real as the fact of him being a rapist and what he's doing on the border. I refuse to act as though you can only focus on one at a time, even if the media and 40-45% of this dumbass country seem deteremined to do so

You can refuse to only focus on one at a time, but that is the reality. Deflection is a very real and obviously effective. We need to operate within the structural system that we reside in. The largest media group in the country gets away with spreading lies, confusion, and racism without repercussion. That wont change, and the people that watch actively welcome it. There is but one thing that this county is unified on, and that is the protection of children. Donald Trump is a child rapist, and is enabling and encouraging the torture of children within the borders of this country. His team has flooded the media with this racist garbage because he doesnt want the narrative of him being a child rapist to become THE STORY. That is far more damaging, and there is no comeback from it. This information has been out for years and not a single mainstream media conglomerate has pressed the issue. The second it starts to get some steam, the story is dragged back in to a direction that we've already known for some time, and will ultimately have no effect on the outcome of his removal from office.

14 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Here is an example of the whack-a-dooness I was talking about and none of you even called him out on it. Guess we can dispense with freedom of the press right after (before?) we exterminate a 3rd of the population  (Which is something else this poster called for).

Fox is no longer a branch of the press. The leading "anchors" are propagating lies and misdirection to lead the people into a particular narrative under the guise of a reputable news program. This has been proven with text from the people themselves, if you have been too obtuse to see it directly. They are a propaganda arm, and nothing more at this point. Id comfortably sleep if every single racist were removed from our borders, even if that meant 1/3 of our population.

26 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I think you missed my point. I wasn’t talking about Trumpsters.

Their hypocrisy is record setting though.

2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Either there is something about the Epstein case that is making him nervous.

He felt like the focus on the detention centers at the border were a loss for him.

Or the other thing that is being under reported today is that he's agreed not to keep ratcheting up the tariffs against China.

(Generally, I'd say the last one is actually a good thing, but he might be worried about how it will play with his base.)

Either way, the media and the Democrats have bought it hook line and sinker.

Or he's simply verbally incontinent. 

Quit trying to turn him into an evil genius. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Is there a study you got that from?

There are a lot of studies that show that

Pew did one a few years ago on it

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/07/09/the-politics-of-american-generations-how-age-affects-attitudes-and-voting-behavior/

Generations1.jpg

There was a reason why Dems controlled the house for so long that people would write in textbooks that it was impossible for Dems to lose the House. The Greatest Generation who endured the great depression and ww2 were steadfastly Democratic voters until they passed. 

There has never been STRONG evidence that peoples views change as they get older. Its just something we repeated to ourselves and made a fact.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-12/conservatism-does-not-necessarily-come-with-age-experts-say/10984558

Another one confirming it. What tends to happen is that our generation shares the same views and we all age with those views. Baby Boomers were conservatives and stayed that way which is why we have this trend now. It has nothing to do with aging out. Now your views may stay the same but the party you were aligned to either moves more left or right, but even still that hasn't shown much affect.

14 minutes ago, nonniey said:

As usual your general lack of comprehension allows for you to string together a mass of words that make you look like the genius we all know you to be lol. 

I had considered trying to educate again on your misunderstanding, but I already know it would be wasted effort so I wont waste the time. 

However, I would like you to link where I said we should exterminate a 3rd of the population. Pretty sure you got me confused with someone else. Please share or at least acknowledge how full of **** you are. 

37 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Comparing to a national average is going to hugely skew things.  That's a bad study to actually address the question.  As they demographics of the country have changed (gotten older), the national average has changed.  The question isn't are people changing compared to the national average, but are they changing from what they were.

Since for much of the time followed, the baby boomers were the major driving political force, all that does is say that groups have stayed constant as compared to the baby boomers.

Of course if the baby boomers have changed, then you've got nothing.

People almost certainly change as they age (the brain absolutely does change as you age).  That that wouldn't have ramifications on voting, just isn't very believable (though I do agree, part of it is also changing politics as I stated).

(And in the larger context of the conversation, the fact remains.  10 years ago the average media age of a Fox Viewer was 65.  Today it is 66.  If you were waiting 10 years ago for the Fox News viewers to die, today you are very disappointed.  I strongly suspect if you are today saying the average age is 66, and in ten years we'll be much better off because many of those people are going to die in 10 years you are going to be disappointed.)

30 minutes ago, Larry said:

Or he's simply verbally incontinent. 

Quit trying to turn him into an evil genius. 

And what if he is an evil genius and you are trying to turn him into something else?

(I think that tweet was put out for a specific reason to deflect from something else.  If that makes him an evil genius, then so be it.  It seems like basic good PR to me though.

He didn't get to where he is by accident.)

Archived