Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

My best friend is a high ranking officer in the navy. He is in DC now for training and he is very anti liberal. He didn't vote for Trump, but he hated Hillary and admitted it was because in the military, they are 99.9% GOP and hate Dems.  Anyway, we talked last night and he said the overall vibe is very anti-Trump so far, which he didn't really expect.  He said none of the people he's dealt with like what's happening.

5 minutes ago, codeorama said:

My best friend is a high ranking officer in the navy. He is in DC now for training and he is very anti liberal. He didn't vote for Trump, but he hated Hillary and admitted it was because in the military, they are 99.9% GOP and hate Dems.  Anyway, we talked last night and he said the overall vibe is very anti-Trump so far, which he didn't really expect.  He said none of the people he's dealt with like what's happening.

The Emperor Has No Clothes.

12 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I don't like that move, one bit. I understand not wanting to be part of his administration, but you take these senior level jobs out of service to the nation. Everyone knows once you get to that level, there are any number of jobs available at the "Beltway Bandits" that will pay FAR more than what the DoS pays. You stay on until the department stabilizes, then you flee. All you did by doing this is ensure the DoS is in turmoil for the next year.

Elizabeth Warren signals that she will vote to confirm Ben Carson as HUD Secretary.

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

I don't like that move, one bit. I understand not wanting to be part of his administration, but you take these senior level jobs out of service to the nation. Everyone knows once you get to that level, there are any number of jobs available at the "Beltway Bandits" that will pay FAR more than what the DoS pays. You stay on until the department stabilizes, then you flee. All you did by doing this is ensure the DoS is in turmoil for the next year.

I agree. I'm not a fan of this either.

15 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I don't like that move, one bit.

14 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I agree. I'm not a fan of this either.

I disagree. I've had to resign from a position because someone above me was instructing me to do something that was likely illegal (grey area), and at best unethical. I documented the situation to cover myself, then promptly resigned.

I also know someone that just had to this. They were going to be put in a situation where they had to abuse their privilege, or lie, instead they resigned.

Without knowing why, it's hard for me to judge them for this. If they've been told that they will do things a certain way, because of Trump and his cabinent, and they truly believe those things are either illegal, immoral, unethical, or damaging to the country and they cannot do anything to stop it, then maybe this is their best move. Maybe coming out to the public about it is not reasonable because that would also hurt the country, or maybe it would land them in jail for a long time, so the best they can do is resign refusing to accept new direction/instruction/policy, and hope that's a signal that's picked up on.

16 minutes ago, visionary said:

While I'm glad some officials aren't going along with Trump, so many folks from the state department resigning makes me worry Tillerson will fill it with buddies and lackeys of his or at least less state department experienced people. 

I'm of two minds about this - on the one hand I desperately want sane people at all levels of government to help us stay on as straight a path as possible. On the other hand I want the republican party to have full ownership over the destruction they are causing to this country for the sake of their cabal. It's clear they don't really have American interests at heart.

37 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

C3D9x6UUMAAEhO2.jpg

wonder how much of that has to do with who he follows, what he tweets/retweets/likes, and which hashtags he uses/follows...

2 minutes ago, haithman said:

On the other hand I want the republican party to have full ownership over the destruction they are causing to this country for the sake of their cabal. It's clear they don't really have American interests at heart.

I keep seeing people say this.

Why?

Why do you think that in 4 years you can say "Look, the republicans had full control and caused all of this" and people are going to accept that? A good 60-70% of this country seems completely immune to criticism of their favorite team. They find an excuse for everything.

32 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Can't really blame them when you have such discord from the top.

If you feel Bannon/Breitbart is going to be dictating US foreign policy (breaking up NATO and the EU, turning hostile to Mexico, abandoning East Asia) over your objections based on your long career experience, I could see why you might not want to stick around.

Oh, and reestablishing torture black sites? Don't want your hands anywhere near that.

1 hour ago, codeorama said:

Ask him and his colleagues if they see the US military possibly launching operations against Mexico in the next four years.

Archived