Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

34 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

People who thought Mexico was going to write us a check were, in fact, not using their brains....and they were Trump voters.

Look, nobody with any knowledge of the situation thought that, not even the media or the Dems in office but they won't admit it.

Why would a country pay for something willingly that will affect them negatively?

It just doesn't make sense, sometimes you have to read between the lines.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Show me a Republican who has a problem with Trump NOW, and I'll show you a Republican who knew he was insane, before the election, and covered it up, because Republican. 

The he only thing that's changed NOW, is that now, they can oppose him, and put a different True Believer in power. 

Do they have the balls to do it before the 2018 Mid Terms?  They know the Trump voters will vote them out if they attempt it before Nov. 2018. After that, they won't care and it's goodbye Donald!

The only way Trump can be stopped from  doing serious long term harm is remove him from office. I don't   think they have the balls to do that right now.

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What's stopping Mexico from making deals with country's like China who are going to be looking for funds now that TPP is dead? I feel like they have goods people want. The only reason we get this is because of proximity. 

(Be kind, I'm new to this)

It is due to proximity. But it is in their best interest to diversify.  They need to realize that.  Being too dependent on a big country is not a good idea, because there will come a day when you get screwed.  Right now, if America puts a tariff on Mexico, and Mexico puts a tariff on us, ultimately, Mexico will suffer a lot more.  They are an export dependent country. 

As far as this BS that we have a trade deficit with Mexico, of course that will be the case given that we are a bigger country than they are.  Ultimately, IMO, we will have a trade surplus with China.  In order for China to grow, they need to grow domestically. How much more can they export?  People are too  short sighted.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Do they have the balls to do it before the 2018 Mid Terms?  They know the Trump voters will vote them out if they attempt it before Nov. 2018. After that, they won't care and it's goodbye Donald!

The only way Trump can be stopped from  doing serious long term harm is remove him from office. I don't   think they have the balls to do that right now.

Better two years before the mid terms than two years before a Presidential election in a census year, no? 

Again, you get the distinct sense that Congressional Republicans understand Trump is mentally unwell and unfit for office, but they are too concerned with potential political ramifications to do the right thing. 

2 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Look, nobody with any knowledge of the situation thought that, not even the media or the Dems in office but they won't admit it.

Why would a country pay for something willingly that will affect them negatively?

So your position is that THE MEDIA has falsely represented Trumps position and you're in here cracking the case and enlightening us all?  That is positively hilarious to me.

4 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Yes.

We are paying for this.

23 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Alienate long-time ally and next door neighbor Mexico.  Cozy up to Russia. MAGA.

Based on the different indexes Mexico and Russia are right next to each other as 2 of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Do you think we need to help build the economy of another corrupt country, have we not learned our lesson?

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What's stopping Mexico from making deals with country's like China who are going to be looking for funds now that TPP is dead? I feel like they have goods people want. The only reason we get this is because of proximity. 

(Be kind, I'm new to this)

Interestingly, Chinese wages have risen high enough that it was becoming cheaper for companies to move their factories to Mexico until Trump started threatening them with tariffs for not moving back to the US.

6 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

So what you're saying is that all those people at those Trump rallies were stupid to believe the words that were coming out of his mouth.  Sounds about right.  

1 minute ago, jschuck12001 said:

Based on the different indexes Mexico and Russia are right next to each other as 2 of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Do you think we need to help build the economy of another corrupt country, have we not learned our lesson?

The United States and Mexico have been trading with each other since the 1830s.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

So your position is that THE MEDIA has falsely represented Trumps position and you're in here cracking the case and enlightening us all?  That is positively hilarious to me.

He's on record as saying what methods he would use, there's no case to crack. I didn't realize so many people didn't understand.

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So what you're saying is that all those people at those Trump rallies were stupid to believe the words that were coming out of his mouth.  Sounds about right.  

If they thought Mexico would write us a check, YES, they are stupid.

7 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Ok, you know what?  No.  No, no, no, a thousand times no.  If there is one area in life where people should not be reading between the lines, it is in politics.  Politicians should say what they mean and mean what they say.  Otherwise, you get bull**** like campaign devices and alternative facts.  

1 minute ago, FanboyOf91 said:

The United States and Mexico have been trading with each other since the 1830s.

What does that have to do with anything, their economy has grown to the 10th largest since NAFTA has been put in place.

We're helping build the economy of a corrupt country, its not even debatable, the facts are there.

6 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

He's on record as saying what methods he would use, there's no case to crack. I didn't realize so many people didn't understand.

If they thought Mexico would write us a check, YES, they are stupid.

Yes they are and so are you for insinuating that said stupidity lies anywhere else but Trump voters.  You understand that the discussion we are having revolves around the completely untenable notion that Trump could get Mexico to "pay for it" by starting a trade war?  

Do you understand that?  I think you do...I hope you do.

3 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

What does that have to do with anything, their economy has grown to the 10th largest since NAFTA has been put in place.

We're helping build the economy of a corrupt country, its not even debatable, the facts are there.

Our economy has grown quite a bit since Nafta as well and Trump is hopelessly corrupt.

2 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Didn't you see the charts that PeterMP posted earlier?  The Mexican wages in manufacturing is stagnant, whereas American wages have steadily gone up.  From that perspective, the United States has benefited more from NAFTA than Mexico has.

Although, I do believe that we need to look at total jobs created also.

Just now, GoDeep81 said:

So, for the record, nobody here believes the tax threat is just a tactic to drive Mexico to the bargaining table?

It wasn't a tactic.  It was Trump getting emotional.  He got mad that Mexico said NO to paying for the wall.  

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Yes they are and so are you for insinuating that said stupidity lies anywhere else but Trump voters.  You understand that the discussion revolves around the completely untenable notion that Trump could get Mexico to "pay for it" by starting a trade war?  

Do you understand that?  I think you do...I hope you do.

I deal with imports and exports on a weekly basis, it doesn't have to be a trade war, that's just you spouting off what you think you know.

"I will build a great wall -- and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me --and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

- Donald Trump, June 2015

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/wild-donald-trump-quotes/14/

I guess something was lost in translation...

2 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Didn't you see the charts that PeterMP posted earlier?  The Mexican wages in manufacturing is stagnant, whereas American wages have steadily gone up.  From that perspective, the United States has benefited more from NAFTA than Mexico has.

Although, I do believe that we need to look at total jobs created also.

It wasn't a tactic.  It was Trump getting emotional.  He got mad that Mexico said NO to paying for the wall.  

I'm getting crushed here tonight, anyway I don't think Nafta is terrible, its just not good.  It doesn't help small and medium sized businesses and if you do the research you will find that most economists say its been a wash with no real loss or gain for the United States.

Archived