Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

15 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

He's on record as saying what methods he would use, there's no case to crack. I didn't realize so many people didn't understand.

They heard "Mexico is going to pay for it" and didn't listen to the rest of it.

You're not going to win this one, and even if you could the juice isn't worth the squeze.

3 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I'm getting crushed here tonight, anyway I don't think Nafta is terrible, its just not good.  It doesn't help small and medium sized businesses and if you do the research you will find that most economists say its been a wash with no real loss or gain for the United States.

So, it's a wash for US (does result in cheaper goods) and grows Mexican economy.  This is bad why? (Question more for Trump supporters than you) Stronger Mexican economy is good in the long run.  How many people calling for a wall on the Canadian border?

1 minute ago, tshile said:

You're not going to win this one, and even if you could the juice isn't worth the squeze.

Theres not a single person in this thread, except maybe Buttfume, that doesn't understand the situation.  No one thinks/thought that Mexico would write a check.  What we do understand is that Mexico will not be paying for this wall...and the wall, in fact, will never be built.  At most, it will be a multi-billion dollar boondoggle foisted upon the US taxpayer.

Is that not clear?

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

In fairness, he didn't add the rest of it for many many months.  Specifics on the "how" were quite light for quite a while.

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

By the way, if we don't want Mexicans to come to this country, the best way would be for Mexico's economy to be as advanced as ours.  Then they will have no incentive to come here.  Mexicans come here to make more money.  

Post that to Donald Trump's Twitter.  You'll blow his mind.

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

In fairness, he didn't add the rest of it for many many months.  Specifics on the "how" were quite light for quite a while.

I remember him saying he would use the aid money. That's how they would pay for it.

I don't know if he would do that, but I know thats what he said sometime around summer I think...

*googles*

April of 2016 his campaign released a memo about targeting remittances, blocking wire transfers, etc:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/heres-how-trump-plans-to-force-mexico-to-pay-for-border-wall/ithttp://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/heres-how-trump-plans-to-force-mexico-to-pay-for-border-wall

It's not quick and easy to find right now because all the recent articles are clouding up the waters.

April of 2016 doesn't seem like quite a while. It was during the primaries.

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Theres not a single person in this thread, except maybe Buttfume, that doesn't understand the situation.  No one thinks/thought that Mexico would write a check.  What we do understand is that Mexico will not be paying for this wall...and the wall, in fact, will never be built.  At most, it will be a multi-billion dollar boondoggle foisted upon the US taxpayer.

Is that not clear?

So you think he's not going to build the wall he campaigned on?  That's another debate and if he doesn't he will feel it from his voters.

I think it's clear that wall is getting built, is it possible you are in denial.

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

April of 2016 doesn't seem like quite a while. It was during the primaries.

June of 2015 was when he first mentioned Mexico would pay for it.  If April of 2016 was when he first talked specifics, well, that's 10 months, which I would consider "a while" in politics.

12 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

By the way, if we don't want Mexicans to come to this country, the best way would be for Mexico's economy to be as advanced as ours.  Then they will have no incentive to come here.  Mexicans come here to make more money.  

That's because nobody stops to think, why.  Why do people come here illegally.

4 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

So you think he's not going to build the wall he campaigned on?  That's another debate and if he doesn't he will feel it from his voters.

I think it's clear that wall is getting built, is it possible you are in denial.

No, he will build a wall.  I will guarantee it.  But Mexicans will just dig a hole. So it is just a stupidass solution.

Three things about the wall. 

1. It's going to get built. I'm stunned that people don't think this will happen. 

2. Trump definitely gave the impression that Mexico would pay for the wall upfront. He did also mention different ways during the campaign to get them to pay for the wall but probably never at campaign rallies. 

3. Trump will campaign in front of his wall and talk about like it's his manhood. 

4 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

June of 2015 was when he first mentioned Mexico would pay for it.  If April of 2016 was when he first talked specifics, well, that's 10 months, which I would consider "a while" in politics.

I don't know if it was the first time, but it was before the presidential election started.

Your excuse isn't valid as far as I'm concerned. If you couldn't at some point get that as part of the understanding between April and now...

7 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Let's start by agreeing that it will be a multi-billion dollar nutpunch to the US taxpayer.  That is a bonafide certainty.

That sweet, sweet wall is little more than a pipe dream at this point.

3 hours ago, PF Chang said:

He's just saying crazy stuff to win the primary, he'll pivot during the general election...

These campaign promises are just to fire up his base, he won't actually do (insert stupid thing) when he's President...

Stop overreacting guys, don't complain until he actually does something...

5d6b0ffe5fece439814915a68ddc2e8f.jpg

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

That's because nobody stops to think, why.  Why do people come here illegally.

If we'd do an about face on the drug war we'd severely hurt their cartels and could potentially cut down on violence. That would help reduce the desire to come here.

No one wants to do that though. Decades of crackdowns have funded cartels, cost lives, and increased our prison populations. It's also contributed to our illegal immigration problem.

Are we winning? Are we even breaking even?

I'm cool with going after Mexico because they're complicit in it.

Wall idea seems bad but he ran on it and won so I guess that's what he's pushing lol.

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Let's start by agreeing that it will be a multi-billion dollar nutpunch to the US taxpayer.  That is a bonafide certainty.

That sweet, sweet wall is little more than a pipe dream at this point.

I don't think it gets built if it's a direct tax hit to the American people without any plan in place to recoup the funds.

Archived