Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 hours ago, visionary said:

That's just going to limit college to people that sallie mae feels like lensing to.  Horrible idea, they should be going directly after tuition costs by going after the schools themselves.  Stop trying to force people to pay stuff back in 10 years and you might see a difference in whos making payments or not.

So my mother-in-law (yes, that one) who now lives with us (which is why I participate in the liquor thread) says yesterday with the utmost surprise and anger, "Did you hear that congress woman who said that the US should become Muslim?!"

I drew a deep breath, looked at her and said, "And now you know how the rest of us feel whenever the Christian Right wants to legislate their morality."

She snorted back, "One difference, they came here..."

To which I calmly replied , "So did we."

It was then that I might have gotten snarky and started quoting the Constitution and other founding fathers.

@skinsmarydu I don't know how you do it. At least I'm not married to her!

15 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

@skinsmarydu I don't know how you do it. At least I'm not married to her!

It takes hard work, for me. I just don't talk. (He's still on our side, btw. Just paranoid as hell, thinks he's being spied on--duh--and I suppose watching RT would garner a little scrutiny nowadays...but whaddo I know? )

When he thinks he has something new, thanks to @visionary I can say, "That happened 2 days ago". :806:

I read a LOT of different sources across the spectrum, I don't come here for "news" per se, but I do enjoy reading here to get other people's impressions and perspectives on events. In any regimen, a single point source of data or perspective is almost worthless, you need different views, points to define a line, lines to define a plane, etc., and I don't feel like I can "get" that simply by reading news sources.

I have conversations that bounce around here, in RL, back here again, out in the cybervoid, circle back around, on and on. Often we see an event posted about and 24 hours later the entire focus shifts as new data surfaces, that doesn't invalidate my initial visceral response but I do try and admit to that as a starting point and move off in search of truth/facts/reality/some sense of it all. This has happened so often that this has become my default setting, "This looks bad but what really happened?" and the hunt is on.

I wouldn't be in any way surprised if Kellyanne Conway pretty much completely agrees with her husband in private regarding Trump. Her entire career has been as a hired gun for whatever Republican would pay her and would give her as much influence/visibility as possible. Remember that before she jumped on the Trump Train she was a Ted Cruz shill who talked about how Trump was un-presidential and unfit for the role. She also called Trump out about his shady business past, stiffing contractors, and for not releasing his tax returns.

I doubt she suddenly thinks very highly of Trump now, but she also has no ethics or moral compass so as long as she's benefiting from it and has a prominent role she'll keep shoveling his ****.

Kellyanne Conway is like the music producer who turned the "Cashmeouuusiiiide girl" into a rapper who now actually gets 6-7 figure sponsorship deals.  They likely take a sick pride that they did something that not very many thought was possible.  

48 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Kellyanne Conway is like the music producer who turned the "Cashmeouuusiiiide girl" into a rapper who now actually gets 6-7 figure sponsorship deals.  They likely take a sick pride that they did something that not very many thought was possible.  

That's an interesting angle, and I think you could be right. Some people do take pride in taking something awful or useless and figuring out a way to still sell it and/or make it popular...seeing it as a proof of their skills.

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

I wouldn't be in any way surprised if Kellyanne Conway pretty much completely agrees with her husband in private regarding Trump. Her entire career has been as a hired gun for whatever Republican would pay her and would give her as much influence/visibility as possible. Remember that before she jumped on the Trump Train she was a Ted Cruz shill who talked about how Trump was un-presidential and unfit for the role. She also called Trump out about his shady business past, stiffing contractors, and for not releasing his tax returns.

I doubt she suddenly thinks very highly of Trump now, but she also has no ethics or moral compass so as long as she's benefiting from it and has a prominent role she'll keep shoveling his ****.

She can explain all that up on the gallows

Archived