Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

On the other hand, perhaps if 52% of the people approve of a President who openly courts White Nationalists, racists, foreign dictators while dismantling our safety net, education, environmental protections, etc...

Well, maybe 52% of the country is made up of horrible people. Mind you, I have never seen approval number that high and most often have seen approval numbers sub-forty. So, maybe only slightly less than half of America is horrible.

<mod edit>

1 hour ago, CurseReversed said:

<mod edit>

Why not?

I'm willing to suspend disbelief. You'd hope that there are some good Republicans out there, but if they rally behind rapists, Nazis, child abusers which you have to do to be a Trump supporter... it kind of makes you a lousy human being.

<mod edit>

How about start with accepting the truth? Seems like a good first step. 

edit: And, no. No one wants to talk about his tweets. His tweets are literally infested with bots and spammers. Thats what you are seeing. Its really not worth discussing. And its not anything new. 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

If your facts are wrong how do you expect the conversation to continue?

The sky is plaid therefore the platypus is the largest reptile on Earth.

--- Umm... the sky is not plaid and I'm pretty sure the platypus is a mammal. And it isn't close to the biggest mammal on Earth.

Okay, maybe I'm not exactly right about the sky and the size of the reptile, but my point still stands! Why aren't we discussing the important nature of my point?

--- Umm... 

<mod edit>

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

How about start with accepting the truth? Seems like a good first step. 

<mod edit>

26 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dont think there is any hope for our democracy "as currently constructed". Too many lies, too much reliance on power, too much money. And if you expect any of the people who have any of those thing to give it up I just dont see it happening. 

And again, not arguing your premise, just perhaps the conclusions you draw from it.

America was not the same country after the Civil War that is was before, it was not the same country after the Great depression that it was before, WWII, the 60's, you can pick other examples, we remake ourselves a lot relative to other countries and their business models. I feel like we are on the cusp of something, something terrible and scary and promising in ways we do not and can not predict. Yes, there will be blood and death and horror, but we will persevere and find a future that makes that price worthwhile. We have before, it's what we do. You have to demo before you begin building. We have been repatching the patched patches in the patchwork for generations and the seams are showing, time for (another) fresh start.

And no, I don't expect any of the people that have subverted the systems to their own ends and use that power to maintain the status quo with them on top to do anything good, keep that thought in mind, there is no conversation or negotiation or conciliation that can or will make that happen. Historically there is really only one option that ever works. 

<mod edit>

Have you considered why? The reasons are real and manifold.

Even people like me who spent decades eviscerating people for being casual with the Nazi label points it right at Trump's feet. It's the old "If it walks, talks, flies, swims, looks, and is genetically identical to a duck... It's probably a duck." theory.

<mod edit>

Ummm. since Trump and his troll army have been embracing, encouraging and echoing the NaziLARPers and their ilk? No, not really one bit surprised

Was this a trick question?

<mod edit>

In the simplest terms possible:

1) 9/11 and other various terrorist actions radicalized suburban/rural white America in 2001

2) Hi-speed internet and targeted social media disinformation campaigns landed on them in 2010 or so

3) Reality TV star/con man codified this demographic as a white nationalist voting block/support base

And here you are...

<mod edit>

history gives you the answers. It isn't like the answers to this question are not WELL documented.

there is no such thing as a 'Nazi sympathizer'.   just Nazis.

if you support those who support Nazis, you are them.

(in this regard my use of the term "Nazi" is a cover-all.)

~Bang

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

In the simplest terms possible:

1) 9/11 and other various terrorist actions radicalized suburban/rural white America in 2001

2) Hi-speed internet and targeted social media disinformation campaigns landed on them in 2010 or so

3) Reality TV star/con man codified this demographic as a white nationalist voting block/support base

And here you are...

Basically George Wallace on crack...or propecia at the least.

6 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

And again, not arguing your premise, just perhaps the conclusions you draw from it.

America was not the same country after the Civil War that is was before, it was not the same country after the Great depression that it was before, WWII, the 60's, you can pick other examples, we remake ourselves a lot relative to other countries and their business models. I feel like we are on the cusp of something, something terrible and scary and promising in ways we do not and can not predict. Yes, there will be blood and death and horror, but we will persevere and find a future that makes that price worthwhile. We have before, it's what we do. You have to demo before you begin building. We have been repatching the patched patches in the patchwork for generations and the seams are showing, time for (another) fresh start.

And no, I don't expect any of the people that have subverted the systems to their own ends and use that power to maintain the status quo with them on top to do anything good, keep that thought in mind, there is no conversation or negotiation or conciliation that can or will make that happen. Historically there is really only one option that ever works. 

You know its funny, you say we disagree but I think we are saying the same thing and im just more negative about it. Seriously I cant disagree with anything you say here. I guess my pov is that it has to fall apart as currently constructed for us to evolve past it. You highlighted the qualifying phrase so I think we are on exactly the same page honestly. 

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Crazy? No. Earned? Yep. This is what happens when you parrot neo Nazis terminology and signals on social media. Anyone that supports the person doing it get lumped into it.

And have a decade+ war on immigration where the underlining tone of your stance is: brown people are coming here to take jobs away from us

(and the dems are getting them to vote dem so they can let them take more things from us and bring more brown people here to take them)

or have a decade+ war on Muslims by using Muslim/Islam interchangeably with terrorist

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

or have a decade+ war on Muslims by using Muslim/Islam interchangeably with terrorist

This is a big part of it. And what scares me is after NZ (and before, but it just struck me) is that people with bad intentions can now say the same thing about Christianity/ Western civilization. I never thought about that until NZ but im sure its been the case for decades. There is no way this stuff stops when both sides start adopting the same actions and the same excuses for their actions. Its kinda scary. 

50 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

<mod edit>

Here's the thing. It's not on us. It's on you.

You don't want to be lumped in that pile then disassociate yourself from it. Say loudly, "Roy Moore  did not deserve 49% of the Alabama electorate. A member of the Nazi party shouldn't have won the Republican primary in Illinois. There are not fine people in a Nazi march. Forced separation and internment camps do not live up to the American ideal or the Statue of Liberty's promise. And if a President repeatedly goes to the well of quoting Nazi propaganda, embracing genocidal dictators, and praising/trying to enact those self same policies... than I can not in good conscience stand with him." 

50 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

<mod edit>

You are the only one that has been manipulated or you’ve always been a racist bigot and you know exactly what you are selling here. 

It’s not okay to not fully denounce white supremacy. It’s not okay to not fully denounce racism. This list goes on and on.

Archived