Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

5 minutes ago, Forehead said:

No kidding, someone i'm connected to on social media has argued with people about the existence of gravity.  I couldn't even begin to describe his thought process, though it involved a bunch of crap mocking others about "believing everything you're told."

Fun related fact, he used to be a member here.  I'm fairly certain one of you relieved him of his membership, to the detriment of us all :)

a long time ago i made up a phrase to describe the argument "style" i saw common to a lot of folks since i was a kid...it was particularly evident during my working and hanging out in my uncles' auto repair business and listening to the 'adults'...these were almost exclusively white males, 30-50 y.o., doing body work, painting, or mechanical repairs

at first, i called it "ignorance plus attitude"....as the case with many males anywhere, they loved to flap on and on about anything and everything and along with featuring all the 'isms' one could ask, they were also dependable in vastly overestimating their intellect and vastly underestimating their lack of accurate relevant information on most matters

i later changed my phrase to 'ignorance-plus-arrogance', have used it in various professional writings, and when i came to ES i used to use it every now and then and joke about it being trademarked and even used a trademark symbol on it when i'd post it....more than one person thought it was real :ols:

and then a few  months back, after all these years, i heard chirs cuomo on cnn use that exact phrase quite appropriately :huh:^_^

of course there are several explanations other than it was a ripple many times removed from my casts over the years, but it was a fun moment for me 

obviously you see that dynamic all over and it can get overpowering on internet forums and we all do it to a degree---like hypocrisy---but, equally obvious, not everyone does it at the same levels (also see: lying)

a similar, unartful slam that i still had fun with during the pipeline days, when we were getting a lot of attitude-laden yahoos from oklahoma and texas stopping by to get their big-talking asses kicked by "the weather" and alaskans, was "he's got an ego like a 10-gallon hat but a brain like beanie with a propeller on top"

but i digress, and for that, i deeply apologize (lying)

12 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

a long time ago i made up a phrase to describe the argument "style" i saw common to a lot of folks since i was a kid...it was particularly evident during my working and hanging out in my uncles' auto repair business and listening to the 'adults'...these were almost exclusively white males, 30-50 y.o., doing body work, painting, or mechanical repairs

at first, i called it "ignorance plus attitude"....as the case with many males anywhere, they loved to flap on and on about anything and everything and along with featuring all the 'isms' one could ask, they were also dependable in vastly overestimating their intellect and vastly underestimating their lack of accurate relevant information on most matters

i later changed my phrase to 'ignorance-plus-arrogance', have used it in various professional writings, and when i came to ES i used to use it every now and then and joke about it being trademarked and even used a trademark symbol on it when i'd post it....more than one person thought it was real :ols:

and then a few  months back, after all these years, i heard chirs cuomo on cnn use that exact phrase quite appropriately :huh:^_^

You appear to have identified, when you were a child, the Dunning Kruger effect.  Which is both impressive and hilarious. 

Image result for dunning kruger effect

46 minutes ago, clietas said:

Well any of you science geniuses ever seen gravity? 🤔

I rest my case. 

I would suggest we and gravity are just bytes in a computer simulation, but that seems a stretch.

Ya'll are really just figments of my imagination.

Image result for dance my pretties

Democrats Announce Hearing On Trump’s Tax Returns

The secrecy of President Donald Trump’s tax returns will be the subject of a hearing next week, Democrats in the House of Representatives announced Thursday.

Democrats have had the power to request Trump’s tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service since they assumed control of the House this year, but they’ve hesitated. To build the public case for disclosure, the House tax committee’s oversight panel will examine its authority to obtain the president’s tax returns at a Feb. 7 hearing.

Trump was the first major presidential candidate in 40 years not to release tax returns, which would have revealed detailed information about his sources of income and how much tax he pays. Democrats vowed to get the returns themselves, but haven’t done it yet.

Pressure is building, with an ABC News/Washington Post poll showing a healthy majority of Americans support the move. 

Click on the link for the full article

Yanno, I been thinkin'.....

I have been listening for years to people straining to explain Trump, to put into words some possible description of why he is, digging in the metaphor mines, panning for allegories and it has washed over me and left me feeling subtly unclean, but no more informed.

So what the hell, here's mine

He is a singularly selfmade man, unformed and uninformed by others, untouched by education and expertise and casually dismissive of any. What does HE think he is? How does HE see himself? There is no consistency or rationality to the word salad gabble that falls out of his spew hole, you cannot get too distracted by that because there is no there there.

So what role is he playing? And more directly what role does HE think he is playing?

Guy gets rich

Has a condescending attitude towards government in general

Becomes ensnared in government

Smarter than everyone

Knows more than the pros

Shows them up with his intuitions

Manly man brave

Dashing hero adventures that he endures humbly

Goes mano-a-mano with drug dealers and Latin immigrant types

Destroys sinister threat from militant Islamic forces

Faces down the Russians and wins their respect

Teams with Russia to break China

Wins the day, wins the girl, wins everyones cheering admiration

yadda yadda ****ing yadda........

I KNOW this guy! I've seen this script play out

He thinks he is Jack Ryan, the uber American hero in Tom Clancy's booyah flag waver novels that make gun nuts touch themselves (and FTR when I use "gun nuts" I generally think of it that way, holding an AR and touching themselves, as in {gun, nuts}, their truest love affair).

I may need more coffee here..............

Updating the January international "Let's get this world war going already" winning list

1. Run from ISIS

2. Run from the Taliban

3. Pay north Korea to not close any nuclear weapons programs while Russia offers Kim a nuclear power deal

4. Remove essential military protection from Europe

5. Lift sanctions on russian crime lords

6. Mexico still telling us no on any wall money, GOP continues attempt to extort Americans.

7. Shipping plutonium to a state and not telling them about it.

I love the smell of victory in the morning.

**** you, GOP. 

~Bang

Archived