Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

7 minutes ago, s0crates said:

I'm not sure if that is what I said, or if it is just what you thought I said. It would help to have a quote. Assuming I did say that, I would point out that "less likely" doesn't mean unlikely.

Between Hillary and Trump, there was no anti-war option. Hillary voted for the Iraq war, spearheaded the regime change in Libya, had the endorsement of neocons, campaigned on the promise of enforcing no fly zones and Syria, and openly stoked hostilities with Russia. Trump espoused horrifying anti-Islamic sentiment, agreed with Hillary about no fly zones, and wouldn't rule out the use of nukes.

By the time the primaries were over, the anti-war voter was out of options. That's what I thought then, and I don't see any reason to think otherwise now. You seem to think my disapproving of Hillary means I approve of Trump, but again, it doesn't. It is possible to think they both suck, and I would go so far as to venture that's what most of America thought during the election.

Fair enough. Sorry, I'm feeling chippy today.  And as bad as she is I would feel a hell of a lot better if H was in there.

Just now, Larry said:

Maybe it's just the cynic in me. But I'm wondering how many of today's marchers, didn't vote. 

Was thinking the same thing. Great display of freedom today. But what they do today won't compare to what they do tomorrow, next week, and moving forward. All these marches around the country. If they can't find leaders to run for everything from school board to statehouse and beyond after this. Then I don't know. 

As far as Trump and his CIA visit. I'm not saying sad like he does. I'm saying sad because he can't focus. I'm saying sad because he has to lie about stupid irrelevant things. 

5 minutes ago, s0crates said:

Maybe next time the Dems will give them something to vote for instead of just giving them something to vote against. There is a massive populist movement on the left in this country, and the Dems would do well to harness it instead of trying to squelch it like they did in 2016.

bingo..  sanders would have wiped the floor with trump.  instead they try to regurgitate the same stench and tell us its potpourri.

Remember, Clinton won the PV.  In the states where Trump won, obviously the voters there rejected the Democrat Platform, which went way progressive, so Sanders still would have lost those states.

Personally I liked the Democrat platform, but the country still wasn't going for it. Bill went very centrist, and so did Obama except for his mixed race.

2 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Spicer going at the media hard.

Quote from M*A*S*H;

"This is a press conference.  The last thing I want to do is answer a bunch of questions."

Tie askew... caffeine eyes... He looked slightly unhinged.

This is really quite insane. They are making a big fuss about the media accurately reporting on the relatively small crowd at the inauguration.

The concern from nonsense like this isn't that they are being delusional and petty about such an irrelevant thing. Imagine the response when their is actually something of substance that doesn't shine positively on this admin.

Whan an awful thing our country did electing this narcissist and his gang of enablers.

10 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Remember, Clinton won the PV.  In the states where Trump won, obviously the voters there rejected the Democrat Platform, which went way progressive, so Sanders still would have lost those states.

Personally I liked the Democrat platform, but the country still wasn't going for it. Bill went very centrist, and so did Obama except for his mixed race.

Not to mention, Republicans through changing voter laws and other voter suppression tactics did everything in their power to prevent an honest vote. I can even be convinced they were complicit with Russia. They certainly seem to be after the fact.

Anyone can see that Obama inauguration had a larger crowd.  Which has nothing to do with anything really.  What's the point of lying about this and picking a fight over it?  Is it seriously an ego thing?  Is the POTUS so insecure that he ordered his press secretary to pick a fight based on a lie with the media? Good grief.

Just now, bearrock said:

Anyone can see that Obama inauguration had a larger crowd.  Which has nothing to do with anything really.  What's the point of lying about this and picking a fight over it?  Is it seriously an ego thing?  Is the POTUS so insecure that he ordered his press secretary to pick a fight based on a lie with the media? Good grief.

Have you not been watching? This is standard operating procedure for the entire Trump team. Everything from Pence's VP debate where he kept saying "Trump never said that" to his denials about support for the Iraq War to this. Thy lie bald faced and their supporters... hell, the entire GOP salutes and says "Yes, sir! Our eyes deceived us, sir! We will get our ears checked, sir! We will get our brains washed, sir!"

19 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

They didn't reject the platform, they rejected Hillary.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/Gravis_Sanders_Election_Poll.pdf

Archived