Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Combo Thread: Redskins Flex Scheduling Updates/Playoff Positioning Updates

kleese

On 11/29/2016 at 11:28 AM, kleese said:

4. Giants at Steelers: We need the Giants to finish 1-4 or 0-5 so this might be a long shot now, but their schedule is tough

Why do we need the Giants to finish 1-4 or 0-5?...It might be more advantageous for the Skins to be the #6 seed than the #5 seed, depending upon how the Falcons and Seahawks end up ranking and whether or not the Skins have a better chance playing the Lions or Vikings in the WC round.

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Why do we need the Giants to finish 1-4 or 0-5?...It might be more advantageous for the Skins to be the #6 seed than the #5 seed, depending upon how the Falcons and Seahawks end up ranking and whether or not the Skins have a better chance playing the Lions or Vikings in the WC round.

"Want" would have been a better word than "need." For me, we WANT the Giants to fade as an insurance plan against a team like GB or Tampa not cooperating. 

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎29 at 2:28 PM, kleese said:

Your viewing/rooting guide for this week (games listed in my perceived order of importance to the Redskins):

3. Bucs at Chargers: Everyone has their antenna up on the Bucs and it with back to back wins over the Chiefs and Seahawks it makes sense. Tampa has come out of nowhere and we need them to finish 3-2 or worse. Their schedule is pretty tough-- they get the Saints twice and have a road game at Dallas. They finish with the Panthers who could potentially be playing spoiler. If they lose this week, it will be an uphill battle for Tampa, but if they win, they are very much a threat to all NFC wild card contenders, most notably, us. Chargers installed as 3.5 point favorite was interesting to me-- I would have guessed closer to a pick em-- I have a feeling the money will be on the Bucs this Sunday.

Take care of our own business and we're fine.  Scoreboard watching sucks, but let's be huge Charger fans this weekend, God knows they need some fans anyway.

9 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I don't. TB is playing strong and has a fairly weak schedule as does Minnesota (Indy, Jax, Chi and GB). 

As well as they are playing "recently", that is not an easy schedule.  3 division games is tough enough.  All offenses they face are in the top half in yards, 4 of those games against top 8 offenses in yards. 

All 5 games are against top 10 scoring offenses.

@kleese, 

Let me second the opinion of everyone on this thread in giving a hearty "THANK YOU!" for doing the dirty work and making sure we know who to pull for...  MUCH appreciated!

That being said, Go Skins (duh), Go Chargers (never thought I'd be this interested in one of their games, LOL), Go Steelers, and Go Texans (almost certainly not going to happen, but hey, we can hope!)

6 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

4 of the bucs 5 games are against teams under 500.

i would also be shocked if Minny DIDN'T win 3 of 4. Indy has no defense and their offensive line won't last against the vikes pass rush. Jacksonville and Chicago are two of the worst teams in football. They too don't face a team above .500.

I still don't care much about other teams.

The only team left with a winning record on our schedule are the Giants.

I'll repeat myself, but for GB and Minnesota, if they want a shot at the playoffs, they have to look for the NFC North crown, because WC seems unlikely. Bucs can kiss their asses goodbye.

If they want to go through the WC, they have to go perfect, while we have to falter once or much probably twice, if they want to really stand a chance.

We're in the driver's seat, so we don't have anything else to take care than ourselves.

Okay forget about who needs to do what and let's just focus on our Redskins one game at a time, start in Arizona... and I got a feeling after their third loss which was a result of them(the redskins) getting in their own way are fed up with them selves and come out playing on all cylinders and don't lose the rest of the year.

P.S.. I know we have 4 losses and a tie..our only true loss coming to the Steelers..and maybe the lions

54 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Okay forget about who needs to do what and let's just focus on our Redskins one game at a time, start in Arizona... and I got a feeling after their third loss which was a result of them(the redskins) getting in their own way are fed up with them selves and come out playing on all cylinders and don't lose the rest of the year.

P.S.. I know we have 4 losses and a tie..our only true loss coming to the Steelers..and maybe the lions

I see your point, but the purpose of this thread is to understand what needs to happen for us based on multiple different scenarios. No one is rooting for an outcome where we lose 3 games and back into the playoffs because Tampa and Minnesota also lost 3 games. But, the truth is we have no control over how the Redskins will do Sunday or over the course of December. So, it's nice to understand what we are rooting for in the event that we slip up a few times. 

Obviously, we all hope that we win out and, if we do, we understand we'll be in the playoffs. 

@Kleese

Thanks as always for staying on top of all the scenarios, breakdowns, analysis, etc. I couldnt possible keep all that clear in my mind.

Regarding this weekend, no matter the Chargers record, its ALWAYS tough for anyone to fly all the way out west to San Diego and pull out a W against a team led by Phillip Rivers. Given the Bucs lack of veteran experience, I expect them to lose in San Diego which would be tremendous for our chances.

Chargers are much better than their record indicates.. they could easily be 9-2 right now (had a 4th quarter lead in all but 1 game I think this year).

Seeing as the Chargers are my AFC team and they can double their money this week by helping out the Redskins... Let's Go Bolts!

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I see your point, but the purpose of this thread is to understand what needs to happen for us based on multiple different scenarios. No one is rooting for an outcome where we lose 3 games and back into the playoffs because Tampa and Minnesota also lost 3 games. But, the truth is we have no control over how the Redskins will do Sunday or over the course of December. So, it's nice to understand what we are rooting for in the event that we slip up a few times. 

Obviously, we all hope that we win out and, if we do, we understand we'll be in the playoffs. 

Understood...sorry buuut that

4 hours ago, Hooterman said:

IKR?  It's always so tough NOT to root for the Cowboys to lose...

Sorry fellas...we have to root for Dallas through the rest of the regular season. Every one of their remaining opponents is a threat to us making the playoffs. The other bright side to them winning out is that they won't get that loss out of the way before the playoffs. I believe that if they enter the playoffs on a 15-game winning streak, they won't make it to the Super Bowl. Someone will knock them off along the way. 

Honestly with our D, does it matter if we get in? We'd play either the Lions or Falcons/Bucs and both those offenses would pulverize us for 40+. In a way we're better off missing it, getting a slightly higher pick for a better chance at a defensive difference maker.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Honestly with our D, does it matter if we get in? We'd play either the Lions or Falcons/Bucs and both those offenses would pulverize us for 40+. In a way we're better off missing it, getting a slightly higher pick for a better chance at a defensive difference maker.

You're 100% right bro.

And i'm ****ing steaming. If we had an average defense, we'd be a legit threat. But no, we plug in **** ass AFL players and hire **** ass 0-16 coaches. 

This league is year to year. Who knows if we'll have that opportunity next year, you can't punt on seasons like GMSM did this year.

Looks like the Bucs won in OT....marvelous. Ugh.  Am I correct in thinking that they now takeover the 6th seed, while the 'Skins fall back "into the hunt?"   Also, the 'Skins no longer control their destiny, for now at least.

People saying the season is over are crazy.  The Cards have #1 defense in the NFL for a reason, the 'Skins who we thought they were, but most teams will not stifle the 'Skins offense like this.  Even the Cards defense was up against it but per usual our red zone offense was atrocious.

Washington still has a decent to good shot to grab the #6 seed.  10-5-1 will get it done.  Don't see any remaining game left that the 'Skins can't win.   The remaining games are all winnable, but with a bad defense combined with an offense that can't finish drives, it feels like it doesn't even matter that we have the "#2 offense in the NFL"

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Looks like the Bucs won in OT....marvelous. Ugh.  Am I correct in thinking that they now takeover the 6th seed, while the 'Skins fall back "into the hunt?"   Also, the 'Skins no longer control their destiny, for now at least.

People saying the season is over are crazy.  The Cards have #1 defense in the NFL for a reason, the 'Skins who we thought they were, but most teams will not stifle the 'Skins offense like this.  Even the Cards defense was up against it but per usual our red zone offense was atrocious.

Yep

We are officially 'In the hunt"

Archived