Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Combo Thread: Redskins Flex Scheduling Updates/Playoff Positioning Updates

kleese

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I wish I had your confidence!! I'm still terrified of the Giants game and you have us on our way to Divisional Round for the first time since 2005. HA!

Don't worry about that.

I'll be watching the game, and our guys are 7-2-1 when I watch them. So, there's little chances they crap the bed, they know I'll be looking over :P

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I wish I had your confidence!! I'm still terrified of the Giants game and you have us on our way to Divisional Round for the first time since 2005. HA!

Im predicting it now, win on Sunday against New York and I honestly think we play in the NFC championship @Green Bay.  Seattle is trending downwards, if we play them I think we can win.  I also think we can beat Dallas, we could have beaten them twice in the regular season.  For some reason I feel good.  

On 12/27/2016 at 10:17 AM, Suffolk_Skins said:

I have been to 5 games this season can't miss this one can I

You must have a lot of frequent flyer mileage.

What's it like being a gridiron football fan in the UK?  Do you find here that Americans eagerly want to teach you the basics assuming you're a complete novice?

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

To sum this up:

Atlanta W + Seattle W = We go to Seattle.

Atlanta W + Seattle L = Winner of GB @ Detroit

Atlanta L + Detroit W = Detroit (No matter what Seattle do here)

Atlanta L + Seattle W + GB W = Atlanta

Atlanta L + Seattle L + GB W = GB

I worked this up last night using the ESPN Playoff Machine, initially having CAR-TB in the mix only because the Bucs are nipping at our heels.

The SEA-SF result does matter with the ATL loss and DET win scenario ... a Seattle loss drops them to 9-6-1 and we head off to Atlanta (10-6).

2016 WAS Wild Card Scenarios.pdf

Any team not named Detroit scares the bejeezus out of me in the first round, and unfortunately Detroit appears to be the least likely opponent.

While Seattle is having a down year, we'd have to travel across country and play in one of, if not the most hostile environments in the NFL.  While their offense hasn't been great, they still have Russell's wheels and our defense isn't capable of containing QBs of his nature.

While I pretty much knew we wouldn't beat Green Bay last year, I hyped myself up to believe that it was possible and it nearly was.  I can't convince myself that this team as it stands today is capable of flying into Seattle and leaving with a victory. 

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet: We should root for:

Saints beats the Falcons, and
      Forty-Niners beats or ties the Seahawks

Because then the Lions will be playing for a first round bye and won't be interested in tying the packers for the 6 seed.

3 hours ago, Tsailand said:

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet: We should root for:

Saints beats the Falcons, and
      Forty-Niners beats or ties the Seahawks

Because then the Lions will be playing for a first round bye and won't be interested in tying the packers for the 6 seed.

Lol...We good.

Archived