12/1: Dallas Thursday night

12/11: Dallas Sunday night

12/18: Dallas Sunday night

12/26: Dallas Monday night

Don't forget:

11/24 : Dallas (Thanksgiving 2nd game)

image.jpg?w=625&c=1

@kleese

Because of your fondness of the Sunday 4pm window, I did a little digging and came up with something only you could appreciate:

The last time the Redskins won a game playing at 4pm was September 29, 2013 @ Oakland 24-14.

The last time the Redskins won a game at HOME playing at 4pm was October 14, 2012 vs Minnesota 38-26.

The last time the Redskins won a game in November or December playing at 4pm was November 27, 2011 at Seattle 23-17.

The last time the Redskins won a game at HOME in November or December playing at 4pm was December 21, 2008 vs Philadelphia 10-3.

Pretty shocking stuff...especially the last one

3 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Pretty sure the Eagles game last year was at 6:30 on Saturday

Nah that game was at 8 last season. He's talking about 2 years ago we played on a Saturday at home at 430 against the eagles when they had Sanchez at Qb and we won.

Good research yeen... but it's not nearly that depressing-- we are on a nearly unprecedented streak of NOT playing in the late Sunday afternoon slot. We hd ZERO (regular season) such games last year which was the first time since.... 1978. Unless the Giants game in week 17 gets flexed we will only have one this year--- we went two years between the Niners game in 2014 and the game last week. Our non West coast late starts have been even more rare---- not a good sign-- that's where the networks want the best teams/matchups-- and they haven't shown much confidence in recent years that the Redskins would be much of a draw. I was surprised this year that one NFC East game of ours wasn't 4:25. They did show us a little love with Thanksgiving and two later season prime time games though. 

OK, time to move on.... your viewing guide for the weekend:

First of all, rather than look at this completely through the prism of 4 games-- I'm taking the approach that a good goal would be to control our own destiny heading into week 17. So instead of worrying about going 3-1 or the Giants going 1-3, I'm thinking we need to go 2-1 and they need to go 1-2, etc... Same with the other teams. 

Our current friends (teams we can't catch): Cowboys and Seahawks 

Our current friends (teams that can't finish with fewer than 7 losses): Eagles, Bears, Saints, Panthers, Rams, 49ers 

Teams on the brink (need them to lose one more): Packers, Vikings, Cardinals 

Teams of most concern (need them to lose at least twice more): Giants, Lions, Falcons, Bucs 

We can finish behind one of those above teams and one of Falcons/Bucs will win the division. We really just need to jump ahead of one of them. 

This Week (in order of importance to us): 

1. Redskins at Eagles: I said last week that the Arizona game was NOT a must-win game and by virtue of where we stand that seems to have held true. This game is also not a total "must win" in my eyes because we could conceivably still get in if we finish 3-0; however, I would say for most realistic purposes, this is a must win. We will still be alive after this game win or lose, but it's hard for me to envision many sceanarios where we lose this game and make the playoffs. We've beaten them four straight times which kind of bugs me. We haven't beaten a current division opponent five times in a row in about 30 years if you can believe that. THIRTY! I actually think that's thread-worthy in itself so I'm gonna put something together. Anyway, we are better than the Eagles, but we aren't THAT much better so Vegas probably has this pegged correctly as a Pick Em. 

2. Dallas at New York Giants: I listed this one as the most important game besides ours because I think the Giants have to lose this one if we are to catch them. If we lose one more before the final game of the year, then we need them to lose two of their next three. It's hard to see them beating  the Cowboys and then losing to the Eagles and Lions. I view this as our last realistic chance to catch them. However, a Giants win does have one small positive effect--that would equal Dallas likely being very motivated to beat Tampa the following week. Maybe if Dallas wins this week, they coast against the Bucs...

3. Atlanta at Los Angeles: Yep, I have this one high on the list. For whatever reason no one mentions the Falcons but they are in the same spot as the Bucs. If we go 3-1, we need them to go 2-2. On paper their schedule is pretty soft, but I actually really like the Rams this week-- at least I like them ATS, which means I think the game stays close and perhaps they can steal it. If Atlanta loses this week and we win, then we pass them and control our destiny vs them. If Atlanta wins this week, I think they become a much, much less realistic target-- they are going to beat the Niners at home next week. A loss this week would be quite helpful to us. 

4. New Orleans at Tampa Bay: This is a little bit of a bonus game to me-- I still have my sights on Tampa, but my main focus will be on their upcoming road games at Dallas and at New Orleans. This seems like one that might be a waste of our time-- although you never know with divisional games. For us, having them split with the Saints would be great. 

5. Seattle at Green Bay: Would really like to shake the Packers officially-- need them to lose one more. I think they are going to win their final three games so this one is big. I'm glad it matters to the Seahawks and I'm glad they got beat down their last road game. Should be motivated. Not liking the   Packers being a home underdog though. 

6. Minnesota at Jacksonville: Not terribly concerned with the Vikings because it is hard to see them running the table with the way they've played, but would be nice to officially put the in the rear view. 

7. Arizona at Miami: We kept the Cards pulse going last week-- so now we need them to drop one more. This is a must win for both teams and I see it as a 50/50 game. 

8. Chicago at Detroit: Running out of chances for the Lions to lose, but their last three games are brutal (at Giants, at Cowboys, Packers). If they get upset this week I think they are in real trouble and could end up 8-8. We need them to lose three more which seems out there, but it becomes highly possible if they lose this week. 

The schedule plays this out interestingly for us this week. We play at 1:00 and then all of the most important games on the list are played later--- Bucs, Packers, Falcons all play at 4:25 and the Giants game is Sunday Night. So if we win we can really enjoy the late games-- and if we lose, we will be in desperation mode to not lose ground on those teams. 

7 hours ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

Could there be two other teams this fanbase dislikes more?  I'll obviously be rooting for them...but man...the things we do for the love of the Skins.

Gonna root for them like

1198.gif

I look back [ I know I shouldn't cry over spilled milk ] but I can't help but wonder 'what if'.

What if we won the Bengals game? What if we didn't choke against the Lions? Just one of those games and we would be in a much different position, but it is the NFL, strange things happen.

The Redskins have to take care of business, period. We have the opportunity to make the paloffs in back-to-back years for the first time in forever, and the others who are ahead of us need to get a bad case of the crabs or something; their opponents I hope are not already mailing it in this year,

Its gonna be a wild ride, so buckle your seat belts folks, the Redskins emotional rollercoaster is going up the initial lift.

To plagarize some of Kleese's work...here is what I think needs to happen:

Dallas beats NYG today- we are only 1/2 game behind them and control our own destiny against them because of the season finale game

New Orleans needs to beat Tampa Bay- At this rate, I dont see Tampa Bay losing another game unless the Cowboys play hard for 60 minutes

Seattle needs to beat Green Bay- This would put the Packers 1.5 games behind us and we own the tiebreaker vs them

Minnesota beat Jacksonville- Annoying because the Vikings are still on our heels. 1/2 game behind but we own the tiebreaker

Miami beat Arizona - Cardinals are done for all intents and purposes.

What will happen? Absolutely nothing will go our way today

Archived