Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curious case of Josh Doctson M.E.T. , (3-29-17, 100%)

SWFLSkins

On 11/28/2016 at 3:38 PM, TimmySmith said:

Grant is this team's James Thrash.  As long he is on the team you do not have a complete WR corp.  He is like a booger that the Skins can't shake off.

No, Ryan Grant is this team's Taylor Jacobs. Keep hearing all the wonderful things he's capable of, but sucks donkey balls on Sundays (or Mondays, or Thrusdays, or whatever asinine time/place Goodell has scheduled)

4 hours ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Malcolm Kelly had a degenerative knee injury that had multiple teams leave him completely off their draft board. I think this situation with J Doc will be different

I hope you're right. I meant the comparison of the player though, not the FO in regards to drafting him.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:20 AM, kost203 said:

I see harris stepping up big time and taking over grants role of misc. wr. but also has height that we can exploit in the red zone and in the middle with or without garcon.

I straight up hope Harris can turn into something awesome. He's tall, big, and decently fast. He has caught most of the passes he's been targeted on. He's also cousins with Keenan Allen. You know that star receiver (That always gets hurt). I'm on the train to want more. BTW most of his catches have come on third down!

So I hear that Jay said Josh is still not running, at this point I don't know what he can do to get rid of the pain or whatever the issue is.  I think it's one of those unexplained situations and its unfortunate its happening to our 1st round pick.

The kid is going to miss an entire season due to mysterious pain, I don't know that I have ever seen an situation like this.

With Doctson's season now officially over, I've now started to wonder what, if any, impact he'll have in 2017. 

This year is almost a complete loss, so next year may be his "rookie" season complete with gaining familiarity with offense and getting accustomed to NFL games. I was hoping that would happen this year but obviously was not to be. 

It just means that with Garcon and Djax FA's, Skins will likely need to sign 2 free agent wrs whether they are 1 or 2 of those. 

Good post LB, went past me that Lichty being activated signals the end of a forgettable year for our rookie first rounder. Being a Redskins fan, I am playing this situation out like I did with Jordan Reed. After all of Reed's injuries, basically I thought any production out of him would be a bonus. With Reed, quite the bonus. Maybe it'll turn out the same with Josh. Don't give up, but don't have high expectations 

I am not worried about a healthy Docston not having an impact.  WR is one of those positions that if you are a pro-bowl player in the making?  The signs will be there early and often.  With his size/speed/hands/strength/vertical jump etc etc....he seems to be the complete package prototype at the position.  The question is, whether he will be healthy.

Now that we know for sure he is not coming back, I have to wonder if surgery is an option? I am not overly familiar with the injury, and/or if surgery would even help, however I hope this doesn't turn into something down the road where we find out surgery way earlier was an option, but they decided to go the "just rest it and we'll see what happens" route, and that ends up wasting a lot of time and progress.

Not sure how this compares to Laron Landry and Laverneous Coles's injury, but I remember Cole's specifically had an issue with a toe/toes and he was refusing to get surgery for awhile and just wanted to rest it.  It hampered his ability almost his entire time with the team, and then finally he got the surgery after he was gone from the team, and immediately went back to being a solid WR.

At this point I've sort of resigned myself to the idea that he was a wasted pick and we will move on

why?  Because Redskins

they have no idea what is wrong and he still can't run?  I bet JoviasG sees the field before Doctson ever does

1 hour ago, zoony said:

At this point I've sort of resigned myself to the idea that he was a wasted pick and we will move on

why?  Because Redskins

they have no idea what is wrong and he still can't run?  I bet JoviasG sees the field before Doctson ever does

Its crazy how bad we blew this pick and what scares me is that we already treated that tendinitis diagnosis by isolating the area for 2 months and thats besides him nursing the injury for 3-4 months, what else can we do besides sit him for 7 months and cross our fingers.

How can we feel comfortable that he will be healthy next year when we don't even understand what the problem is.

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think its more mental than anything else. He's gotta learn to play through pain. Jordan Reed had a similar issue early in his career, now hes out there putting up 100 yard 2 TD games with a separated shoulder.

You know it's not all the same.  Like when RG3 played through the knee pain?  We've been burned by Achilles problems multiple times from Hall and Gallette.  Even with Reed, he then missed at least the Cardinals game.

I wouldn't mess with an injury that lingered this long.  I'm disappointed and oftentimes forget he's even on the team, and I shouldn't be saying that about a first-round pick.  

I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm a little disappointed with some people's attitude toward Doctson.  Gruden and McGlouhan both say it's obvious that he really wants to play.  He "hid" the injury from the team so that he could practice.  I could understand questioning his motivation/heart if he were a vet - it would be easier to think they were jaded, feeling their mortality, etc.  A rook though?  Wouldn't you assume he'd be ecstatic to play?  

Anyway, it sucks for the team, but I feel bad for the kid - diagnosis, prognosis and remedy uncertain, wanting to play, and now the fans question his heart because of something seemingly completely outside of his control.

Sorry, I'll get off my high horse now.  This if, after all, ExtremeSkins, not JudgementFreeSkins, PatientSkins (ooh, accidental double entendre), etc.

Archived