Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Giants Prediction Thread: Runnin' down a Dream

skins island connection

On 9/20/2016 at 3:24 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Fact.  I watch my teams and I know my teams...what they can and cannot do.  I've picked up a few nuggets betting against the Caps in the playoffs.  

Go heavy with the Vagiants on Sunday.

Hell somebody could afford to buy the Redskins by now if they had just bet against them heavy from 1993 until now. 

42 minutes ago, illone said:

On what planet are the Skins better than the Giants?  Here on earth they are 2-0 and Skins are 0-2...

Im a devout "you are what your records says you are" follower but I believe this team is better than they have shown through 2 games and is better than the Giants. I think we win 7 out of 10 games against them. 

My biggest worry is that the Giants seem to stay committed to the run (28 attempts per) and if they do that, they will control the TOP and perhaps set up 2nd or 3rd and managebales vs our pourous run D. 

I have faith. 

1 hour ago, illone said:

On what planet are the Skins better than the Giants?  Here on earth they are 2-0 and Skins are 0-2...

I didn't see the NO vs Giants game, but I did see the Cowboys vs Giants game.  I can tell you until the end it looked like the Cowboys would comfortably win that game while ours lets face it until that INT Cousins threw it seems we had that game well in hand.  Don't know what that means, especially with our issues and history in NJ but at the very least it tells me they are not that much better.  We will see.

http://www.12up.com/posts/3829212-desean-jackson-fires-back-at-giants-cornerback?a_aid=40833

DeSean Jackson's response Jenkins' criticism was equally brutal, but much more concise.

A reporter asked DeSean Jackson about Janoris Jenkins calling him "just a deep threat". DeSean's response,
"Who, who's that?"

108108 Retweets  

7777 likes

"Who?"

See that, children? That's how you burn the defense. Off of the field, at least.

Shout out to the Giants for making this game a lot more interesting than it looked like it was going to be coming into Week 3. This is all very smart of you.

I never predict scores of upcoming Giants' games.  Can't pick against them ever and don't want to jinx them either.  That being said, the biggest thing I am rooting for are no injuries at all.  As far as the trash talking, you can tell that Coughlin is no longer the HC of the Giants.  I just hope they come and back it up at home.  If the Giants lose, they have set themselves up for major bashing.  While 2-1 is good and in the middle of everything, 3-0 would be amazing.

LET'S GO GIANTS!!!!

2 minutes ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

I never predict scores of upcoming Giants' games.  Can't pick against them ever and don't want to jinx them either.  That being said, the biggest thing I am rooting for are no injuries at all.  As far as the trash talking, you can tell that Coughlin is no longer the HC of the Giants.  I just hope they come and back it up at home.  If the Giants lose, they have set themselves up for major bashing.  While 2-1 is good and in the middle of everything, 3-0 would be amazing.

LET'S GO GIANTS!!!!

That is the ONLY concern i would have if I rooted for the Mara's.  They are clearly the better team at this point of the season, but they are poking the Redskins a little bit too much and will look like idiots if they manage to lose to a lesser team at home.

2 hours ago, illone said:

That is the ONLY concern i would have if I rooted for the Mara's.  They are clearly the better team at this point of the season, but they are poking the Redskins a little bit too much and will look like idiots if they manage to lose to a lesser team at home.

It wouldn't be the first time the Giants lose a game they "should" win.  If this were in Washington, I would be extremely worried.  Right now, I'm just worried.

Call me crazy, but I'm selling on the Giants defense. They've got Steve Spagnuolo as their defensive coordinator and he's been almost historically bad - over a long period of time. I mean you've got to go back to 2007 to see him having a good defense. I'm saying that he's due for a bad game because he's not a good coach and that defense will come back to their average. That means it'll be a shootout and I think we're under enough pressure to make the right adjustments (Duke, Cravens, Spaight, Fuller, etc).

I'm saying 35-24 Skins

3 hours ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

It wouldn't be the first time the Giants lose a game they "should" win.  If this were in Washington, I would be extremely worried.  Right now, I'm just worried.

I'm sorry Tom but until I see consecutive years of change in how we play in NJ there's no way we stand a chance Sunday..I picked my skins to win of course...oh and my whole family will be wearing our wheel of fortune style t shirts that reads I would like to solve the puzzle...**** the cowboys eagles and giants..here's hoping for a good game at least!

In the off-season, many of the sportswriters were predicting that we would likely emerge as the leaders of the division, largely because of new coaching staffs in Philly and NY, and a bit of typical dysfunction-met-with-injuries-and-suspensions in Dallas. After the first two weeks, I've watched those two new head coaches do a better job of getting their boys ready than our coaches. And Dallas, even without many of its top defenders, still looked like an overall better team last week, at least in terms of execution; that, with a rookie QB made to look like a mid-career, mild-mannered, seasoned vet against Joe Barry's D.

I just don't know what to expect on Sunday. I know we have holes. Other teams find ways to mask those shortcoming by way of good coaching. No comfort level with ours being able to do that, and I'm losing patience. I'm stateside for several weeks, so I'll definitely be watching, along with family members who are also lifelong, but long-suffering fans. I don't care if the score is 3-0, I just want our boys to win and to see coaching that looks like they've game-planned to attack the other team's weaknesses, not just show off/display new talent, and the coaches show themselves capable of making seamless adjustments.

Archived