Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is currently going RIGHT so far this season?

NoCalMike

The things going right for us are all offensive skill positions minus Kirk, the pass protection, our OLBs, Norman, the Kicker, and the Punter.

The middle of our defense on all three levels is a nightmare.  Some say Su'a is showing flashes, I'll defer my opinions on that because I haven't noticed him too too much, but I hope you're right.  And then Kirk can't botch "the" plays of the game as often as he is.   It's almost as if he knows it, just like those of us viewing do, and he just falters overthinking the situation/stakes/etc. 

On 9/19/2016 at 0:01 AM, Renegade7 said:

My belief in Scott has been proven, and I know that sounds crazy after two home loses to start season, but its true.  If there was any question we have a competent front office, just look at how we didn't blink and risk our cap to overpay Cousins.  He's setting us up to be successful no matter who is here, and we just have to be patient enough to see it through.  There's a part of that says "Either Cousins is taking us to the promised land" or "Scott is rebuilding the roster for sustained success".  I hate losing, but we're truly in a win win situation right now.

Stephen Paea, Pot Roast, Culliver, Jeron Johnson, Kendall Reyes, David Bruton, etc.......plenty of cap space...plenty of draft picks......and this is what we have?

Sorry, but Scot has a lot to prove as a GM.

It is always hard to see the bright spots on a team that is 0-2 and looks like a 4-12 team instead of a 10-6 or 11-5 team. But there is still some fight in this team because you don't see anyone giving up even with the frustration level being there. The WR's are getting open but the timing between Cousins and them needs to improve. Mostly it is Cousins being too indecisive. The defensive line needs to improve and it would help if Kerrigan would stop taking himself out of plays by crashing down into the line instead of playing contain. But overall they still have fight left in them.

13 hours ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Stephen Paea, Pot Roast, Culliver, Jeron Johnson, Kendall Reyes, David Bruton, etc.......plenty of cap space...plenty of draft picks......and this is what we have?

Sorry, but Scot has a lot to prove as a GM.

Stop it.  He has more hits then misses, and none of those guys that are gone have hurt our cap in a way that we could't resign our core players.  Is he perfect, no, but he's the best GM we've had since we were winning super bowls. It's not even close, he's proven a lot to me, no way am I even thinking hot seat right now. 

Nothing. We've been asking this same question for 25 years. Trying to find bright spots after 25 years of losing is getting old. Just freaking start winning. I don't care about what ifs, stats or maybes.  Just win (Al Davis). Not that I was expecting a SB this year, but I was expecting us to take the next step in learning to be a contender (not necessarily a contender). But we look as inept as ever. Just win.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Stop it.  He has more hits then misses, and none of those guys that are gone have hurt our cap in a way that we could't resign our core players.  Is he perfect, no, but he's the best GM we've had since we were winning super bowls. It's not even close, he's proven a lot to me, no way am I even thinking hot seat right now. 

I disagree he's had more hits then misses.....I also said he's definitely coming back next year...I need to see him with a competent coaching staff...assuming this one gets fired

Not anything that hasn't been said but Trent Murphy has been a pleasant surprise. Matt Jones has looked more than solid in limited action and hopefully has reminded most fans to be more patient before writing him off. Cravens is going to be a very good football player for us. Norman is showing us why he got paid. The oline has looked very good so far, particularly in pass protection (run game still needs some work). Reed still uncoverable. 

Yeah we have a decent bit going well, some in surprising positions. 

Positive note

I think reality is being brought to light that Gruden is a person who is not a winner or person that can build a winning mentality to a team. McCoy should finally get a shot he has been the better of RGIII and Cousins.  

We are also one day closer to getting a new stadium lol 

bump, because Dustin Hopkins. (no Hopkins appreciation thread lol?..)

Our dude went 5 for 5 and surely would have made a sixth if we didn't screw up before the half.

Hey, kickers miss and we are all too hard on the guys, but doesn't it seem like yesterday when we were screaming about our kicker, whoever he was, and arguing about whether he was kicking low, or was the line not blocking and blah blah blah.  and don't we all still cringe every time we line up for a kick?

5 times in a row, cringe or not, our dude put it through, making the win happen, and that's surely a thing thats going right this season.  hell yes Dustin Hopkins, hell yes.

I was livid after that Dunbar gaffe... though I still think it should've been called as him being pushed into the ball, but whatever. It's amazing how our Special Teams makes major mistakes seemingly every game we play in NY, especially early on. It's just weird and random, so it pissed me off so much. :ols: 

But, man, it was soooooo refreshing to see our Special Teams make plays again. It's been forever since we did that. Maybe 2009 with Zorn? Everyone remembers the infamous swinging gate, but we forget the lead up to that was our Special Teams making a bunch of plays throughout the year. Brandon Banks was electric in 2010. But, yeah, that's about it. 

I said last week that Crowder looks totally different on punt returns this year and that I expected him to make some plays real soon. Very excited that it happened today. Tress Way and Hopkins... just awesome players.

We got bailed out big time on that punt block, I don't understand why their Special Teams always seems to get a guy free on punts against us once a game.   

I know right?  we were originally stoked on Hopkins because he could boot kickoffs out of the end zone unlike the other guy.  we originally liked Tress Way because he had near the highest gross punt yardage or whatever.  now all the sudden our kicker isn't missing, and our punter throws a killer pass?   considering our past special teams problems, those guys are one of the brightest spots of all, not just this season, but last.  good stuff.

On 9/20/2016 at 9:08 AM, LetThePointsSoar said:

Realized one more bright spot. 

If...and I repeat IF we can somehow right this ship this week and get a win against NY, then we're only one game back from the division lead, because rest assured Pittsburgh will stomp a hole in Philly. 

Soooooo, about that last part. :(

I knew it. I knew the eagles would be good this year. Jim Schwartz has been my choice for DC since 09' damn it.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I knew it. I knew the eagles would be good this year. Jim Schwartz has been my choice for DC since 09' damn it.

Ugh.   That game was painful to watch.  My homerism still won't let me believe they're any good.  Feel like once enough DCs get tape on Wentz, he'll fall back to earth

Just now, LetThePointsSoar said:

Ugh.   That game was painful to watch.  My homerism still won't let me believe they're any good.  Feel like once enough DCs get tape on Wentz, he'll fall back to earth

I don't think the offense will stay great really, but they're just making plays anyway.

However I knew the defense would be nasty. I'm really pissed about it too. I've been calling for this hire since Jim ****ing Zorn. Now we've got Joe Barry being told how to coach by players on the sidelines and missing ****ing **** ass Haslet.

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Don't really care what happens to the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys, as long as we stay in control of our destiny. In 1982, the division was just two losses away from having the playoff tourney become an NFC-East tourney.  In 1983, a 14-2 Redskins team did not technically clinch the division until the last week. In 1985, we were a half game out from sending 3 to the playoffs.  In 1986, two of the best four (arguably the two best teams) in the NFL were from the same division.  My football dream is for us to go undefeated (including the pre-season and the post-season) and no team in the NFC East lose to anybody not in the NFC East.

Archived