Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Fisher Sucks - Countdown to being the Biggest Loser

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

isn't that statement usually a kiss of death? I cant even count how many times I have read upper management of a team say so and so is safe, then a few weeks later the only thing they were safe from was having to wake up early the next day for work.

32 minutes ago, Xameil said:

isn't that statement usually a kiss of death? I cant even count how many times I have read upper management of a team say so and so is safe, then a few weeks later the only thing they were safe from was having to wake up early the next day for work.

But get this...it's the article title:

Rams COO: Judging Jeff Fisher by his record is 'unfair'

They must be judging him by his breakdancing skills...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/rams-jeff-fisher-job-status-trying-to-get-fired-eric-dickerson-feud-imaginary-patriots-players/pytinipueqr61e9abkq9kbw6p

It had to be another internet hoax, more of that “fake news” that’s been going around. Someone spread a nasty rumor about Jeff Fisher not knowing the players on the next team he plays. Those quotes about “Danny” and “Brandon” were made up. Satire. Parody. The Onion bamboozling a nation of partisan suckers full of confirmation bias.

Right?

So let’s take that the next logical step and ask the question Fisher’s raising this week.

Is he trying to get fired?

If picking a fight with a Hall of Famer and a franchise icon — literally, the living face of the Los Angeles era of the Rams — doesn’t push his bosses to the edge, wouldn’t a humiliating gaffe involving a marquee team do it?

And if those don’t do it, would Fisher reach for the George Costanza playbook?

On 12/5/2016 at 5:02 PM, CBass1724 said:

I did read that this has no bearing on him coming back next season.  I could see this as his "severance package" if they decide to cut ties this offseason.  

But I honestly hope he is their coach for 2 more decades.  

I don't understand the point of it then.. Like that one season ('10?) when we extended McNabb in the middle of the week in the middle of the season it was to kill a controversy. Doesn't extending Fisher now just create more controversy? Then to just fire him anyway a month later? Huh?  I mean even ****ty ideas generally at least have some form of ****ty logic behind them. What am I missing here?

Archived