Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Fisher Sucks - Countdown to being the Biggest Loser

Riggo-toni

On September 16, 2016 at 9:31 PM, skinfan2k said:

He gets these many chances because he is a white coach.  Name me how many black coaches get a legitimate 2nd shot at a HC job.  Norv Turner, Jack Del Rio,  Mike Mularkey are examples of guys who are terrible but get 2nd chances.  

Jeff Fisher gets a lot of grief. And deservedly so. But no one has gotten more of a pass in the NFL than Marvin Lewis. This guy has been a head coach for over 10 years with the Bengals, and hasn't won a single friggin playoff game! And let's face it, he's gotten there several times, and had a few good teams along the way. He should have LONG been fired! Hell, at least Fisher has gone to a SB, and nearly won one. Lewis is a ****ing joke of a head coach. He's a prime example of not all good assistants make good head coaches.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 6:22 PM, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Jeff Fisher gets a lot of grief. And deservedly so. But no one has gotten more of a pass in the NFL than Marvin Lewis. This guy has been a head coach for over 10 years with the Bengals, and hasn't won a single friggin playoff game! And let's face it, he's gotten there several times, and had a few good teams along the way. He should have LONG been fired! Hell, at least Fisher has gone to a SB, and nearly won one. Lewis is a ****ing joke of a head coach. He's a prime example of not all good assistants make good head coaches.

Before Marvin Lewis became head coach in 2003, they hadn't had a winning season since 1990 (also the last year they were in the playoffs, and also won a playoff game).  Obviously, losing playoff games isn't a good thing, but it's still one step ahead of the past several Bengals coaches, who didn't even give the team a chance to lose in the playoffs.  That team has a lifetime 46% win percentage, so their lack of post-season success isn't all on Lewis - it's just not a winning organization. 

10 hours ago, Mursilis said:

Before Marvin Lewis became head coach in 2003, they hadn't had a winning season since 1990 (also the last year they were in the playoffs, and also won a playoff game).  Obviously, losing playoff games isn't a good thing, but it's still one step ahead of the past several Bengals coaches, who didn't even give the team a chance to lose in the playoffs.  That team has a lifetime 46% win percentage, so their lack of post-season success isn't all on Lewis - it's just not a winning organization. 

None of that matters. With that thought process the New England Patriots would have never become the New England Patriots we know today.

The guy deserves to be fired. Heck, even the racist a-hole Stephen A Smith has been echoing that sentiment the past few years. 

Well Jeff is playing his game perfectly. Here the city has hope, good start to the season. So when they go 8-8 or 7-9, he can point to the beginning success of the season and justify hanging on for another season. He is the consummate professional at just doing enough to hang on to the job.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/lions-center-injured-during-victory-formation-kneeldown-as-rams-fired-off-ball-hard-133714664.html

Defenders diving down on kneel down run off plays are BS imo. Such a Jeff Fisher move. Fudge that guy. 

I dislike fisher as much as the next guy, but, I would bet the d coordinator is more to blame....

On 10/6/2016 at 8:13 AM, Mursilis said:

This. Marvin Lewis made the Bengals relevant. They were basically on the Browns level before he got there. He's ARGUABLY (repeat ARGUABLY) the most successful coach in franchise history--taking them from where they were with the owner they have to where they are with that same owner: a perennial playoff team. 

I think people might forget the suck that was Cincy. Eight years ago I decided to pick two, what I call, "hobby teams". Teams I follow just to see what happens and give me something extra to do on Sundays but not root for. I wanted to pick one from each conference. And I wanted to pick the worst franchises I could think. The Bengals were my AFC pick for a reason (and the Lions, in the midst of 0-16 were the obvious NFC pick, and actually the inspiration for the idea.) I really don't think was a worse team in my childhood than the Bengals. They defined suck.

Now they don't define suck. And that's single handedly because of Marvin Lewis. I've actually dropped them (and the Lions) for the Browns now. 

1. Yeah the Bengals were godawful. Around 2003-2004 you could see they were building something, and they exploded in 2005. Since then, they have for the most part been a solid team. Certainly not the automatic W they had been for years. And they have a horrible owner which makes what they've done even more impressive

17 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Lulz.  Those 90s Bengals teams were really something to behold.  Their ability to draft total busts annually may never be equaled.

From 2000 on, the Browns may have taken that mantle. Joe Thomas may be the only one they got right.

• 2 weeks later...

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.timesunion.com%2Ftuplus-sports%2Famp%2FOne-successful-season-keeps-Fisher-employed-10426180.php#pt0-700154

But among the 20 coaches with the most victories in NFL history, Fisher has the lowest winning percentage (.518).

Fisher has never won a championship.

Fisher's last winning season came in 2008.

Fisher's last playoff victory came in 2003.

In 20 full seasons as an NFL coach, Fisher's teams have finished 7-9, 7-8-1 or 8-8 10 times.

So, you might ask — and if you don't ask, I will — how in the name of Norv Turner is Jeff Fisher still a head coach in the NFL?

(I bring up Turner — currently offensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings — because, of the 38 NFL coaches with at least 100 victories, he is the only one with a losing record, 114-122-1. Which makes him sort of a poor man's Jeff Fisher.)

It's not as if Fisher's pedestrian streak snuck up on anybody — his first four seasons as a coach, his Houston/Tennessee Oilers went 7-9, 8-8, 8-8 and 8-8.

10 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.timesunion.com%2Ftuplus-sports%2Famp%2FOne-successful-season-keeps-Fisher-employed-10426180.php#pt0-700154

But among the 20 coaches with the most victories in NFL history, Fisher has the lowest winning percentage (.518).

Fisher has never won a championship.

Fisher's last winning season came in 2008.

Fisher's last playoff victory came in 2003.

Interestingly enough, Marvin Lewis is very close to Fisher in career HC stats.  http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/LewiMa0.htm

Lewis may not have the lowest winning percentage among coaches, but he is near the bottom with .539

Lewis has never won a championship.

Lewis has never even won a playoff game.

Of course, this says nothing about how utterly undisciplined his teams are year in and year out.

Some want to talk about what Cincy was before he got there as if that is an excuse for his almost decade and a half of ineptitude, but for the 13 and a half seasons that he has coached them they still have zero playoff wins. No other head coach has coached a team for that length of time without ever winning a playoff game.  If the Redskins had a coach for a decade plus, that made the playoffs about 50% of the time but never won a single postseason game, there is no way we fans would be happy or even content with that.  That is pathetic and would have the vast majority of fans screaming for his job. The fact that he is still a HC, never mind the Bengals' head coach. Fisher is horrible, but Lewis' suckitude is not much better.

Archived