Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Fisher Sucks - Countdown to being the Biggest Loser

Riggo-toni

5 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I don't understand the point of it then.. Like that one season ('10?) when we extended McNabb in the middle of the week in the middle of the season it was to kill a controversy. Doesn't extending Fisher now just create more controversy? Then to just fire him anyway a month later? Huh?  I mean even ****ty ideas generally at least have some form of ****ty logic behind them. What am I missing here?

As I understand it, he was actually extended back in August but they didn't announce it until just now.  Not really sure what that's all about, though.

6 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I don't understand the point of it then.. Like that one season ('10?) when we extended McNabb in the middle of the week in the middle of the season it was to kill a controversy. Doesn't extending Fisher now just create more controversy? Then to just fire him anyway a month later? Huh?  I mean even ****ty ideas generally at least have some form of ****ty logic behind them. What am I missing here?

We actually extended mcnabb a few hours before the Monday night debacle against the eagles. That turned out GREAT ???

16 hours ago, Morneblade said:

And he took Goff over Weintz. I wonder how that is gonna turn out for him.

Because he was apparently more "pro ready"...which is something stupid and almost never turns out to be true.  Truth is, you can't tell how they're going to perform in the pros, no matter what kind of system they ran in college.  

1 hour ago, Area51 said:

Because he was apparently more "pro ready"...which is something stupid and almost never turns out to be true.  Truth is, you can't tell how they're going to perform in the pros, no matter what kind of system they ran in college.  

I remember hearing that, but the funny thing is that it was Weintz that ran a "pro" system, and it was Goff that ran the spread offense in college. I can't say I watched either much in college, but the one full game I saw Goff in he threw like 5 or 6 picks. I was like "WTF"?

I think Goff is going to be terrible. I mean, he already is, but I don't see him really improving much. I wonder if Fisher eventually gets the axe due to it.

On 12/1/2016 at 3:20 PM, Xameil said:

isn't that statement usually a kiss of death? I cant even count how many times I have read upper management of a team say so and so is safe, then a few weeks later the only thing they were safe from was having to wake up early the next day for work.

Yup...I called it

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow rams. What was the point of the extension if they were going to fire him two games later anyway?? Are you ******* stupid??? Loser franchise ???

The extension was done in August.  Not sure of the bad timing of the announcement.  But it was basically to avoid having a lame duck coach on their last year of their contract.  Having another year or 2 on the contract is akin to giving someone a severance package when they are fired.  Basically, his extension didn't mean jack **** in the grand scheme of things.

Just now, CBass1724 said:

The extension was done in August.  Not sure of the bad timing of the announcement.  But it was basically to avoid having a lame duck coach on their last year of their contract.  Having another year or 2 on the contract is akin to giving someone a severance package when they are fired.  Basically, his extension didn't mean jack **** in the grand scheme of things.

Wow that is horrible timing. 

Archived