Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Gene Wilder

BornaSkinsFan83

3 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

Sadness.  He was spectacular.  So many classic scenes that really resonate with me.  

It seemed to me that a part of him left with Gilda.  I hope they're whooping it up right now.

Hubby said the same thing when I told him.

One of my other favorites is Silver Streak. 

Good day, and RIP, sir.

Marc Maron had Mel Brooks on WTF a wild ago, and they talked about Wilder at length. Apparently, Sam Kinison once told Maron that he finally found his voice as a comic by copying Wilder. The calm façade that leads to an explosion. As soon as he said that, it made perfect sense.

It's kind of amazing how little work he actually did when you consider how big his impact was.

About 10 years ago, he showed up at my kids' primary school - one of his grand nieces went there and he was there to pick her up.  He was early, and waited in the lobby and no one recognized him at first.  He was very nice to everyone.   He was chatting with one of the little kids and suddenly the kid's eyes got really big and he yelled "Willy Wonka!" and the **** hit the fan.  

ps - Young Frankenstein is one of the greatest comedies ever made.     

3 minutes ago, Predicto said:

About 10 years ago, he showed up at my kids' primary school - one of his grand nieces went there and he was there to pick her up.  He was early, and waited in the lobby and no one recognized him at first.  He was very nice to everyone.   He was chatting with one of the little kids and suddenly the kid's eyes got really big and he yelled "Willy Wonka!" and the **** hit the fan.  

ps - Young Frankenstein is one of the greatest comedies ever made.     

From his nephew on his having Alzheimers.  Link

The decision to wait until this time to disclose his condition wasn’t vanity, but more so that the countless young children that would smile or call out to him “there’s Willy Wonka,” would not have to be then exposed to an adult referencing illness or trouble and causing delight to travel to worry, disappointment or confusion. He simply couldn’t bear the idea of one less smile in the world.

Archived