Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I know, but the quote can be interpreted to mean what ever you want it to mean. Fox News and The Post Gazzette used the same quote to come to a different conclusion. Hence the alternative facts. 

No. Fox news used a sentence or two to support an underlying conservative viewpoint. The Post Gazette (and or other publications) posted the entire conversation. Of which, the conservative Fox news viewpoint wasn't supported. This is really no different than the criminal jackassess that edited video and framed Planned Parenthood a few years back.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

And that's my problem with the Trump statement and people actually defending it. He makes a comment veiled just thinly enough for everyone to know exactly what the **** he was saying but because he made an effort to not say the "n-word" no one is supposed to call him out about it. 

Which is fine. My problem has been the extension of this onto everyone else who has a problem with the kneeling. 

As someone who doesn’t have a problem with the kneeling, I’m sick of seeing every person that does get wrapped into the racist white guy label by the rest of you. 

I can agree with you guys on the protest and also be sick of the bull**** tactics that are used to attack the others. This isn’t the only topic that nonsense occurs with. 

Trump is a piece of garbage. I have no interest in defending him. 

I also think he was speaking to people who kneel and people who support them. I think his culture war spreading goes far beyond just people that are not white. He’s absolute interested in rilling up support against white liberals too, and any way he can. I think it might his only path to a second term. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Which is fine. My problem has been the extension of this onto everyone else who has a problem with the kneeling. 

As someone who doesn’t have a problem with the kneeling, I’m sick of seeing every person that does get wrapped into the racist white guy label by the rest of you. 

When? In here? Point it out so I can defend you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2018 at 8:56 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Or that professional bartenders used tossing some ice as a means to get the attention of drunk customers not paying attention.  Whatever fits your narrative I guess.

Professional bartenders work on cruise lines and at resorts. Everyone else pops bottle tops. 

(Just an insight into the industry.)

AS I was thinking about this thread last night, and the polarized discord within our nation, I kept humming this song. Still applies today. Except, now we have Twitter too.

Edited by Zguy28
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Read that on ESPN, sounds like they put out a feeler, this may not even go into effect now.  

Maybe im just overly cynical of the league, but I’m reading this as:

whoops, let’s just tell them we floated the idea and we respect the feedback and not only are we not going to do it but we actually never really did it to begin with 

:ph34r:

Just now, tshile said:

whoops, let’s just tell them we floated the idea and we respect the feedback and not only are we not going to do it but we actually never really did it to begin with 

Thats exactly how I read it lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Yep, they presented this as being unanimous, but that's only the owners that voted (wasn't until after it came out more then one abstained from voting).  They already put out they were thinking about it, why have a press conference if they weren't ready to commit?

Are they going to reach out to the NFLPA now?  Are they still going to do this?  They now have a clear picture of the backlash if they proceed with this, it'll be like swinging gate if they try to run that play again.

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yep, they presented this as being unanimous, but that's only the owners that voted (wasn't until after it came out more then one abstained from voting).  They already put out they were thinking about it, why have a press conference if they weren't ready to commit?

Are they going to reach out to the NFLPA now?  Are they still going to do this?  They now have a clear picture of the backlash if they proceed with this, it'll be like swinging gate if they try to run that play again.

I don't think this was put out to be floated. Reporting from inside the meeting said it was unanimous. The caveat at the time was Jed York abstained as he was going to vote "no". That reporting was on PFT, so may have to consider the source. 

It appears they were trying to control the message and failed miserably at it. They got caught and it'll be interesting to see how they message this moving forward. Is it me or are old white guys horrible at P.R. when left to their own devices?

7 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I don't think this was put out to be floated. Reporting from inside the meeting said it was unanimous. The caveat at the time was Jed York abstained as he was going to vote "no". That reporting was on PFT, so may have to consider the source. 

It appears they were trying to control the message and failed miserably at it. They got caught and it'll be interesting to see how they message this moving forward. Is it me or are old white guys horrible at P.R. when left to their own devices?

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not, but if the backlash wasn't like this, the policy would be official.  They already made clear they didn't need the NFLPA for this, even if NFLPA is mad about it.  

And I agree, some PR and Marketing departments have trouble getting their message to resonate with different perspectives because they don't have a variety of perspectives on their teams.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mbws said:

I call bull**** on that statement. 

Foxnews made maliciously incorrect headlines and stories about the Obama administration from the night of the election through the subsequent 8 years.

Sometimes they were lacking appropriate context, sometimes they were just assumptions before all the facts were revealed, and sometimes they were flat out lies. Many times it was obvious there was malicious intent involved.

I can say this because I watched a lot of fox news over those 8 years. A lot. I saw it first hand.

One of my favorites were the various gun rights/restirctions nonsense (Gun rights expanded over the Obama administration, I'm aware of this because I support gun rights and follow the topic closely). It did the gun industry well - they had to ramp up production and prices soared.

The "you didn't build that" was also a favorite of mine because it required the outraged to suspend a basic understanding of the English language to be outraged. A group with which "learn english" is a major part of their immigration platform. The fact that none of them understood how dumb they looked/sounded was just oh so sweet to observe.

It doesn't matter if you disagree with any of it. You are objectively wrong; which means you don't have to accept it for it to be true, it's just true.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tshile said:

It doesn't matter if you disagree with any of it. You are objectively wrong; which means you don't have to accept it for it to be true, it's just true.

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your comment. I actually agree with what you said.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mbws said:

I'm sorry. I misunderstood your comment. I actually agree with what you said.  

:ols: no need to apologize, it happens :)

i thought you were going to go down an alternate facts path with me for a second