Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

I'm not sure. If he can stay healthy, he'll be there, but Bruton is the starter.

I mean we have 2 CBs at FS, so I'd think we'd lean to CB if we're going lean at either spot.

We have 2 actual SSs.

I figure that's where Cravens will be listed, since both LB positions are full.

10 DBs, 8 LBs, 7DLs about, right?

A lot of those are locked up tight, too.

I'm thinking 10, 9, 6, considering how often we have OLB get on the line and we pull DL

Color me unfazed by Doctson's PUP injury.  I think he'll be on the field in the next couple days.  Probably put him there as a precaution, you can't PUP a guy after he's practiced.  I don't think it'll take him long to figure out his jump ball redzone routes. :)

Exactly this.  He's going to be a package player this year.

But I still would like to see a good run of health for the youngin is all I'm saying.

Exactly this. He's going to be a package player this year.

But I still would like to see a good run of health for the youngin is all I'm saying.

after watching everything crumble with injury after Galette last and our history with high drafted WRs, it's perfectly normal to panic. Ols

Color me unfazed by Doctson's PUP injury.  I think he'll be on the field in the next couple days.  Probably put him there as a precaution, you can't PUP a guy after he's practiced.  I don't think it'll take him long to figure out his jump ball redzone routes. :)

I hope so.  I'm already a little frustrated with him.

No doubt, brother.  The 'tooth' story worries me more than this.  That was the equivalent of missing practice because of a hair appointment. :)

Hate to hear that about Leonard Floyd.  'Tis the season.  Hope our guys can get in and out of camp in good shape.

I'm getting a Malcolm Kelly vibe from this kid already, man.  I hope I'm wrong... and just overly pessimistic about us drafting our own WRs.

I'm disappointed he's starting on the PUP list, but if it's any consolation, this kid is super, super tough and durable. There's just so much to go on to prove this from his work in college. I've went through almost every game he played in 2015, every single snap, and I have to say I have no idea what some of the pre-draft scouting reports were talking about when they mentioned his blocking and/or general lack of physicality as knocks on him. And I've yet to see him limp, lay on the ground, etc...  after a particularly violent play.  

I think the team is just being extra cautious, at this point. :)

I don't care that this is the roster thread... this picture is awesome

Washington Redskins @Redskins 1h1 hour ago Richmond, VA

CodmvRIWIAI7y2X.jpg

I'm disappointed he's starting on the PUP list, but if it's any consolation, this kid is super, super tough and durable. There's just so much to go on to prove this from his work in college. I've went through almost every game he played in 2015, every single snap, and I have to say I have no idea what some of the pre-draft scouting reports were talking about when they mentioned his blocking and/or general lack of physicality as knocks on him. And I've yet to see him limp, lay on the ground, etc...  after a particularly violent play.  

I think the team is just being extra cautious, at this point. :)

Yeah and it is the smart approach.  Technically don't NEED him, but you want to have him at some point this year.

The bigger ass pain for me is Lauvao

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 53s54 seconds ago

Josh Doctson said he'll be testing out his Achilles' tendon this afternoon to see how much he has progressed while receiving treatment.

Yeah and it is the smart approach.  Technically don't NEED him, but you want to have him at some point this year.

The bigger ass pain for me is Lauvao

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo 53s54 seconds ago

Josh Doctson said he'll be testing out his Achilles' tendon this afternoon to see how much he has progressed while receiving treatment.

Yeah, I'm pretty much resigned to not caring even if it takes half the season. Just don't let him come back too fast and have a set back, no matter how anxious anyone gets. Especially himself. The team's job, as far as I'm concerned, is to keep him from rushing back at all costs. 

He really could be a monster for us, quicker than many think, and not just as a one-dimensional redzone/jumpball threat.  Suffice to say, what I saw really impressed me to no end.     

Has there been any news on our 3rd round pick Fuller?  Seemed like his health issues were pretty much all taken care of at this point right?  If so that's a very fortunate break in our favor and excellent news to have additional depth at such an important position

Has there been any news on our 3rd round pick Fuller?  Seemed like his health issues were pretty much all taken care of at this point right?  If so that's a very fortunate break in our favor and excellent news to have additional depth at such an important position

I am wondering the same thing.  He was a great steal if he is back up and healthy.  I think he was a great steal either way, but still; great to have him for depth at corner (hopefully eventual starter or nickel back paired with Breeland and Norman for years to come).

It could always be worse.  Bears 1st rounder got carted off already.

It was due to an illness,...he'll be fine.  Not a tweaked achilles or anything, which is more concerning.  That said I'm not worried at all about Doctson -- the team is just being cautious which is good.  I don't think he's going to be looked to this year to produce big time.

It was due to an illness,...he'll be fine.  Not a tweaked achilles or anything, which is more concerning.  That said I'm not worried at all about Doctson -- the team is just being cautious which is good.  I don't think he's going to be looked to this year to produce big time.

Yeah, saw that update.  Point still stands, don't want no carts!

I don't care that this is the roster thread... this picture is awesome

Washington Redskins ‏@Redskins 1h1 hour ago Richmond, VA

I like this pic, too.  Looking in the background, it looks like all the players might be paired off with a kid.  THAT IS AWESOME! Those kids are loving it, b/c I would too!

Redskins on NFL Network now. :)

Updates for those of us that are stuck at work, please... :)

I hope Sua Cravens sees the field a good bit this year.  I think he's a play maker.  I was impressed with how he sheds blocks and makes tackles.  He seems very tough and athletic.  I was thinking he'd be an excellent special teams player also.

As far as Doctson goes, didn't he have five weeks to rest up from that strain?  I was hoping he'd be able to participate for the entire training camp.

Updates for those of us that are stuck at work, please... :)

Not much to see. The Redskins were doing special team drills. They showed Cousins off to the side pitching and catching with some coaches.

Seems like they were just getting started.

They did an amusing segment where they showed Jay Gruden coaching his players at a practice mixed with clips of his brother John Gruden coaching players at a practice when he was coach of the Bucs and Raiders.

It was funny. They are a lot a like in their directness, but have different ways of showing it. :)

Color me unfazed by Doctson's PUP injury. I think he'll be on the field in the next couple days. Probably put him there as a precaution, you can't PUP a guy after he's practiced. I don't think it'll take him long to figure out his jump ball redzone routes. :)

Agree. WAY too much worry after only the first day. I think you are right. Just being overly cautious. Better to do that then risk a more severe injury and be out longer. Talk to me if this lingers halfway into camp.

I hope so. I'm already a little frustrated with him.

After one day? Sheesh. High standards.

I'm getting a Malcolm Kelly vibe from this kid already, man. I hope I'm wrong... and just overly pessimistic about us drafting our own WRs.

I think we need to have a consensus consequence for anybody who mentions the player never to be named from the draft never to be mentioned. Suggestions? Maybe having to wear a shirt that says Zorny for Vinny or something....

I submit this even though, honestly, I'm having the same fear. But I still wouldn't speak his name.

Archived