Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

Rob MFin' Jackson. :)

Seriously though, what kinda tires are out there to kick at OLB?  Maybe we invite Jeffcoat back?  Anybody have a feeling for any dark horses on our list at OLB?  I'm familiar with Bates, what about the other guys?

Nah.  I love Jackson, but this is the best news possible for the youngins.  Don't make a reflex move here.  Develop and let someone surprise us.

Ugh what a day

Washington RedskinsVerified account @Redskins 3m3 minutes ago

ROSTER MOVE: #Redskins waive DB Kyshoen Jarrett with a failed physical designation.

Jarrett came, saw and conquered our Skins heart. His passion and work effort are great. He beat the odds of going from a late round pick to a starter...in one season! A feel good story.

So I think it's very sad to see him beeing cut because of an injury. I hope he gets well and continue beeing succesful in life.

I didn't think they were expecting Jarrett to pass any physicals.  Seriously, I thought he was going straight to PUP.  I wonder if Junior has an injury clause in his contract where we can get the money back

I'm more bummed about losing Jarrett then Gallette.

Can see that, given what he showed and the young secondary we're assembling. McCloughan is known for his mid-round DB hits and so far we've lost the potential of both Tevin Mitchell and Jarrett. Fuller is coming off of injury, lets hope he works out (much better pedigree with him at least).

Jarrett is no shock. It's a shame, but it was obvious.

why?  if his injury is lingering he can go on a reserve list.  If his injury is career ending he can retire.  Neither means he needs to be waived

why?  if his injury is lingering he can go on a reserve list.  If his injury is career ending he can retire.  Neither means he needs to be waived

I don't know, I bet he never plays again. Maybe he doesn't want to admit that.

You only get a certain amount of TOTAL roster spots.  I think it's 75 or thereabouts.  That includes your 53, practice squad, and your injured reserve.

Pre-camp, do you want to keep a guy with nerve damage that is not likely to play again?

He had to be waived.

The business side of the game is a cold ****.

...If you want to worry about something, worry about the Skins Dline.

I think both should be a concern, Dline probably the biggest on the team right now.  Stopping the run was a concern as was rushing the QBs, but now it's even more an issue with Gallette injured.  We haven't even made it to Richmond for the 1st practice yet, let alone through 4 preseason games.

I agree that it would be GREAT to pick up a difference maker at DLine - but I can't see that happening at this point in the offseason. I think that we'll use a high draft pick (or two) next year to strengthen the DLine as SM continues to add depth/talent.

You can't fix everything in a year, but I have a feeling fans will wonder why we passed on so many run stoppers early in the draft.  Everyone on the planet knows we can't (couldn't) stop the Packers run game, so that's where they will come after us.

Defense:

Defensive Linemen

Chris Baker

Corey Crawford

Ziggy Hood

Matt Ioannidis - R

Ricky Jean Francois

Anthony Lanier - UFA

Trent Murphy

Stephen Paea

Kendal Reyes

Kedrick Golston

Jerrel Powe

Injured:

Junior Galette

The additions are bolded, but also we lost T. Knighton.  Teams will want to find out if this makes us better at our weakness or not.  Hopefully we can get someone like Powe, Crawford, or even Murphy to make a contribution that is beyond fan expectations.  Baker has emerged from the depths to make a name for himself, so hopefully we can get another story like that.

It may be too early for Ioannidis and Lanier, but they will get a chance to show also.

We'll be fine.  We'll just have to be more creative because we lost some ability.

I don't think it'll be that bad.

In reality, we only lost a situational pass rusher. I assume Smith would be the starter eventually, then move onto the line when Galette comes in for rushing downs.

I might force more dime, than nickle I think.

I also think we were going to see more 43, than  34 and this kind of helps that. If we have 4 down, you know Compton and Kerrigan are in there. Playing that OLB role might suite Daniels or Riley better, if Smith gets in the dirt.

It's certainly a loss, but I'm not really sweating it.

OLB depth is scary bad

How many teams do you think have solid depth at 3-4 OLB? Very few. It's a premier position and we're fortunate to still have two very good OLBs starting. We've just been spoiled over the past year assuming we would have three... 

I also think we were going to see more 43, than  34 and this kind of helps that. If we have 4 down, you know Compton and Kerrigan are in there. Playing that OLB role might suite Daniels or Riley better, if Smith gets in the dirt.

It's certainly a loss, but I'm not really sweating it.

I think you're spot on.  It'll scrap a lot of the game plan that we had been preparing, but we'll get over it.  There are a ton of toys on this defense to play with and we know where our bread is buttered and where it isn't by now. 

Score points and we'll be fine.

I also agree that we're going to look more like a 4-3 team imo.  Not saying we're going to line up in the 4-3, but the personnel may look that way.  More like a 4-3 under and 4-3 over... kind of like what Seattle does.  

How many teams do you think have solid depth at 3-4 OLB? Very few. It's a premier position and we're fortunate to still have two very good OLBs starting. We've just been spoiled over the past year assuming we would have three... 

I don't agree with this....plenty of teams have solid depth...either young guys who were recently drafted or vets like Freeney.

We have nothing...Houston Bates and Willie Jefferson?    Come on

I don't agree with this....plenty of teams have solid depth...either young guys who were recently drafted or vets like Freeney.

We have nothing...Houston Bates and Willie Jefferson?    Come on

This is where the elite teams find those diamonds in the rough.  Someone we don't know well and isn't a household name has to step up at some point.  It's their chance to become a star and make a name for themselves.

We have nothing...Houston Bates and Willie Jefferson? Come on

Nothing? Preston Smith is possibly the best back up to a starting OLB anyone has.

Name a team with a back up defensive rookie player of the year.

So Jefferson, Bates or someone else comes in.

Could even mean more snaps for Cravens or Daniels.

First one of you that says Greg Hardy... and I go straight to TSO with your dossier

it happened in the acl thread a few times, before one person mentioned depth.

Totally agree with your post above. Our defense is still going to be fun, as long as we're scoring points and I'm on record as saying we're a Faulk away from the next big show.

Archived