Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

Cooley

Tandler

Keim

Go find them.  They're out there.

Yeah, this is what you said when you were challenged on this in May:

"No, it was from an exchange on espn 980 where Cooley and Czabe had John Keim on the week after the loss to the Packers.  I was in the audio vault looking for it for like 20 minutes last night but I'm not putting in any more time than that. 

Keim said this locker room was different than 2012 because people want to be here.

Cooley said "Oh yea, does Pierre Garcon want to be here?"  He said a few more names, I think one of them was Alfred Morris.  Can't really remember who else but Garcon was definitely one of them.

You can believe me or not, dude.  I just come here to lie and get attention."

They don't have the Blitz archives up, so I'll take your word for it. I couldn't find anything on Tandler addressing this, and I don't put any stock into what Cooley says but I'm guessing Keim didn't disagree (and probably made some kind of non-verbal assent), so that's that.

Still don't think that's strong enough evidence to suggest he wants off the team enough to completely rule him out for next year and beyond.

Difficult to see W Compton or Foster with enough speed/quickness to be an edge rusher.  If Houston Bates isn't the quality depth needed at OLB, then perhaps Cravens would have to be the guy.

even 3-4 OLB's have other responsibilities besides rushing.  And Riley is a decent inside rusher, so he might have some ability from the edge

Anyone signed for a one year deal, after being out the season before, and previous legal issues, is the absolute definition of rental to me

Gallette was rent to own

They don't have the Blitz archives up, so I'll take your word for it. I couldn't find anything on Tandler addressing this, and I don't put any stock into what Cooley says but I'm guessing Keim didn't disagree (and probably made some kind of non-verbal assent), so that's that.

Still don't think that's strong enough evidence to suggest he wants off the team enough to completely rule him out for next year and beyond.

Yeah, more or less how it happened, Keim didn't disagree.

I don't know how PG feels, he made some strong, clutch catches and is still a vicious talker with a legendary mouth.  I'd love to keep him on.  But I think we're only keeping one of the two.  Just can't keep both with so many FAs, one being a QB.

I don't know how PG feels, he made some strong, clutch catches and is still a vicious talker with a legendary mouth.  I'd love to keep him on.  But I think we're only keeping one of the two.  Just can't keep both with so many FAs, one being a QB.

I agree that we're only keeping one of the two, and I'd bet it's Garcon we keep. Djax is going home after this year (i.e. either the Rams or the Raiders if they end up staying in Oakland).

I agree that we're only keeping one of the two, and I'd bet it's Garcon we keep. Djax is going home after this year (i.e. either the Rams or the Raiders if they end up staying in Oakland).

Interesting that I'm the only one in here who has us keeping Desean. 

Interesting that I'm the only one in here who has us keeping Desean.

You're far from the only one. In fact I'd say a majority would say djax stays given the scenario one, and only one, stays.

I understand people questioning SM wanting to keep djax but I don't think he's lost a single step and even if he's slowed at all there is not another player in the league better at the home run then him. While his overall numbers are not overly remarkable (yards/rec/etc) his td numbers of 50 or even 60 plus are hall of fame material.

Yes, randy moss and others were amazing at it too but I think if you're talking just smoking someone deep for 6 djax is arguably one of the best in the history of the game. It seems a bit asinine but in this case his numbers simply don't lie in terms of the 50 to 60 plus yard plays/td's mentioned above. It is more than just pure speed. There have been plenty of speedsters that don't routinely toast the best defenders (and all defenders) deep like he does and then complete the play. If there were his number of home run plays would not be so exclusive.

I for one hope we keep him. There is still no player in the league as good at changing the score so quickly.

Well, now that the initial displeasure and slight depression from these two open roster spots are past, its time to talk about the opportunity its created.

I think we'd all agree that Jarrett and Gallette were guaranteed roster spots before recent events (or in Jarrett's case, recent loss of hope for recovery).

That's two open spots we didn't have before. The competition should be interesting. 

Who was that UDFA CB that really stuck out in OTA's? He has a much better shot at sticking now, I'd think, even thought Jarrett was more S than CB.

Lloyd carrington I think.

I'm pretty sure we knew Jarrett wasn't going to be around. He's been 30lbs lighter and not remotely close to game shape for a while. Sucks for him.

Hall, Blackmon.

Nacho, Cravens, Bruton

Bash, Norman, Fuller, Dunbar.

That leaves maaaybe 2 CB spots and no safety spots.

I am excited to see which of the guys at OLB are going to step up.

Same with the second ILB spot.

Nacho has done almost as little as Galette since he's been here, and Bruton will push him hard. Depending on where Cravens is listed, he could be on the bubble if he's not 100% and performing in preseason. 

Whoever takes that #5, possibly #6 CB job...that's going to be interesting because cultivating long term prospects at that position is what Scot does.

Should be a fun camp....a lot of depth....good competition....and a few open spots.

Here are some of the battles that I'm anxious to see play out:

- How does the DLine shake out (besides Baker at LDE)? Can Murphy start/pressure the QB....Will Ioannidis play a role?... Can Hood or Reyes contribute?...

- Assuming that Jones starts and Thompson is our 3rd down back, who steps up as our 3rd RB?

- Who starts at LG?....Lauvao?....Long?....Kouandjio?

- Is anyone going to step up to challenge Licht at C (I hope so)?

- ILB should be a battle w Mason, Riley, Cravens, Spaight, Garvin, Daniels, etc., fighting for 3-4 spots beside/behind Compton

- Nickel CB...Phillips vs Fuller

- How does the S position come together....is it Hall/Bruton backed up by Nacho/Blackmon.....or does someone else step up to shake things up?

- Can a UDFA w potential like Carrington really beat out an experienced starter like Toler? Will we even keep 6 CBs?

- How does Sudfield look?

- How is Cravens used?

- Does Doctson look like a future starter/star?

- Does someone from the firm of Bates, Trail and Jefferson step up to ease our depth concerns at OLB?

Should be fun to watch these battles play out!!

Cravens on what bubble? There's no way he's not on the roster. Outside chance now he does go to OLB?

I agree Nacho is no lock for anything.

Nacho is the one who could be on the bubble, depending on where Cravens is listed

Nacho is the one who could be on the bubble, depending on where Cravens is listed

I'm not sure. If he can stay healthy, he'll be there, but Bruton is the starter.

I mean we have 2 CBs at FS, so I'd think we'd lean to CB if we're going lean at either spot.

We have 2 actual SSs.

I figure that's where Cravens will be listed, since both LB positions are full.

10 DBs, 8 LBs, 7DLs about, right?

A lot of those are locked up tight, too.

I think our defense was night and day better with Nacho in it, we just haven't seen it.

Fair to compare him to Gallett.  I would love for us to get lucky with health after losing two key players here early.

ESPECIALLY at the back end.  I think we have the right group of players in that secondary to be as good as Carolina's group last year.  Some veteran experience in the back and some young and exciting corners, including their best one, lol.

It's really all about that front 7 gelling and just doing their job.  They don't need to be flashy or dominant, they just need to do their jobs, especially early on.  If we stay healthy in the secondary, that front 7 will have a chance to take that next step midseason when teams are frustrated with the secondary. 

Lots of "ifs" but we have the players for it.

I like the Carrington kid as well.  I think there will be  a couple of surprises.

I also think RJF is going to BALL this year.

Should be a fun camp....a lot of depth....good competition....and a few open spots.

- Can a UDFA w potential like Carrington really beat out an experienced starter like Toler? Will we even keep 6 CBs?

I think we'll keep the best 53, bro.  But if Toler is a 6th corner I might shed a tear at our depth.  Could be the best in years.  Like since I was in elementary school and I'm in my 30s :lol:

Everyone is saying toe, brother

At least there is this

Ian Rapoport Verified account @RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago

#Redskins WR Josh Doctson's stay on the PUP list should be very short, I'm told. Mostly procedural.

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 1h1 hour ago

Doctson, Lauvao, Riley headline #Redskins PUP moves. Derek Carrier and Reggie Diggs land there too #RedskinsTalk

I'm getting a Malcolm Kelly vibe from this kid already, man.  I hope I'm wrong... and just overly pessimistic about us drafting our own WRs.

Leave the vibes in check, for now.

It is too early to put any labels on this kid. Especially a "Malcolm Kelly" label. :)

Archived