Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

Wow, he was actually a beast last year when healthy. Maybe it'll motivate him and he'll get it together to our advantage? 

Honestly, I've never been like many here in the desire to bring in a vet at RB. Imo, you should be able to find guys at that position who are young and hungry fairly easily, as that position dictates such due to its harshness. 

But he's young, and if he can get hungry... would love to have him. 

Besides, we need a makeup player for motivating that ahole David Amerson. :ols:

1 minute ago, thesubmittedone said:

Wow, he was actually a beast last year when healthy. Maybe it'll motivate him and he'll get it together to our advantage? 

Honestly, I've never been like many here in the desire to bring in a vet at RB. Imo, you should be able to find guys at that position who are young and hungry fairly easily, as that position dictates such due to its harshness. 

If there was a perfect running back for this system, it's Karlos Williams.

But that's a HUGE gamble with not one, but two dings against him.  And an extremely deep class next year.

Won't be available until week 5 as of now, any way.

I wouldn't be mad if we kicked the tires, but that's a big gamble.

Just now, DC9 said:

If there was a perfect running back for this system, it's Karlos Williams.

But that's a HUGE gamble with not one, but two dings against him.  And an extremely deep class next year.

Won't be available until week 5 as of now, any way.

I wouldn't be mad if we kicked the tires, but that's a big gamble.

I didn't know about his lack of availability to be honest. Yeah, not sure if worth it anymore, lol. 

19 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Being hungry doesn't look to be an issue for him. :ols:

Is Spaight getting more reps because they want to see what he has, or are people thinking he has a legit shot at starting next to Compton?  Kid hits like a freaking truck.  Teeth rattler.  

On 8/17/2016 at 8:53 PM, DC9 said:

So Robert Kelley is getting more reps than Marshall eh?

Just got the feeling that kids gonna make it work this year.

What's the story here, is Kelley above Marshall now on the depth chart?   Kid reminds me a little of Steven Jackson with his style of running.  

And side note, has anyone heard any update on Matt Jones' injury? 

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

What's the story here, is Kelley above Marshall now on the depth chart?   Kid reminds me a little of Steven Jackson with his style of running.  

And side note, has anyone heard any update on Matt Jones' injury? 

He's gone out before Marshall the last couple of games at least.  And they REALLY spent some time trying to get Marshall going yesterday.  For me, Marshall needs to be on the practice squad as of right now.

Matt Jones has a sprained AC joint in his left shoulder.  Won't see him again this preseason.  That's all that I've seen.

9 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Is Spaight getting more reps because they want to see what he has, or are people thinking he has a legit shot at starting next to Compton?  Kid hits like a freaking truck.  Teeth rattler.  

Grudes said last night that he wants to see him against first team offenses, so we'll probably see him next week in the rotation.

4 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Grudes said last night that he wants to see him against first team offenses, so we'll probably see him next week in the rotation.

Gotcha.  That's kinda where I'm at with Spaight right now.  I know he's built like a bulldog, but he looks a little smallish to my eyes.  Seems to get caught in the wash on occasion.  His effort and love for the game is obvious.  

I feel like he was on the bubble coming into camp, but think he's played his way onto the 53.  Kudos to him.  I like watching him play.  

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Gotcha.  That's kinda where I'm at with Spaight right now.  I know he's built like a bulldog, but he looks a little smallish to my eyes.  Seems to get caught in the wash on occasion.  His effort and love for the game is obvious.  

I feel like he was on the bubble coming into camp, but think he's played his way onto the 53.  Kudos to him.  I like watching him play.  

I was geniunely gutted last year when he was injured.  I remember you and I and a few more almost got Spaight tats after watching some of his youtubes from college.  Dude loves football and he obviously loves taking care of himself and lifting.  Very good combination for success as an ILB on this team.

7 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Thanks DC.  Would be nice if Kelley was a pleasant surprise.  One more fantastic value SMGM find if so.

Hope so, man.  I'm not sure he's going to be an answer, at least not immediately.  Right now I think this team is in pretty good shape, but we need a vet RB (especially now) and a vet pass rusher if we want to plan for a playoff win or two.

This would be amazing, but at this point who knows if the kid still wants to play football.

Washington RedskinsVerified account @Redskins 1h1 hour ago

#Redskins reportedly acquire C Bryan Stork in trade with Patriots. ?: http://redsk.in/2bg4HFC pic.twitter.com/CsrOPLKRaQ

CqpZzdJWYAAmbL9.jpg
187 retweets 216 likes

JP Finlay@JPFinlayCSN 17m17 minutes ago

What I know - Skins agreed on trade for Stork. Not a done deal now as Stork unsure about his future

Updated. 

This clearly rights another wrong from the draft a couple of years ago.  Folks were SCREAMING (including me) as loud as we could on these keyboards for the Redskins to draft Stork.

Though I don't think anyone is upset with that Breeland pick or the Moses pick... that first one, though...

10 minutes ago, HtownRocks111 said:

So this question comes to mind bc ive been playing madden 17 alot lol and i dont see it posted on the official depth chart but on formations where we use a fb, who will it be? Vernon davis, chris thompson? Who?

Chris Thompson?  You serious?

My guess would be Niles Paul.

11 minutes ago, HtownRocks111 said:

So this question comes to mind bc ive been playing madden 17 alot lol and i dont see it posted on the official depth chart but on formations where we use a fb, who will it be? Vernon davis, chris thompson? Who?

Well, in Madden 17, Davis is the highest rated fullback, but I believe Gruden has said Niles Paul will be used at that position, in the rare times we use one

Archived