Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I don't think it's extreme for females to control their bodies. I may not agree with every individual decision made, it's not my place or anyone else including governments. That's my position.

And if you don't think that these legislatures passing these laws don't have outlawing birth control as the next item in their control of females list, you need to read more. The main goal is to increase the white birthrate so whites don't become a minority. Look at the states passing these laws and the increase of white supremacy numbers and actions. 

Good god woman you couldn't be more off of actual reality than if you deliberately lied about this (I don't think you are lying I think you actually believe this).

- 60% of all abortions are of minorities (Minorities only make up 35% of the population).

- Black abortions are over 300% higher than their proportion of the overall population. 

- If there had been no abortions (again I'm not advocating bans on all or even the vast majority of abortions) the white population would already be a minority.

8 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Good god woman you couldn't be more off of actual reality than if you deliberately lied about this (I don't think you are lying I think you actually believe this).

- 60% of all abortions are of minorities (Minorities only make up 35% of the population).

- Black abortions are over 300% higher than their proportion of the overall population. 

- If there had been no abortions (again I'm not advocating bans on all or even the vast majority of abortions) the white population would already be a minority.

Just pointing out that your argument boils down to "that can't possibly be the Republican's motives, because it doesn't make sense". 

:) 

27 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out that your argument boils down to "that can't possibly be the Republican's motives, because it doesn't make sense". 

:) 

Well yes what LadySkinFan is claiming doesn't make a lick of sense. I may be confused on how you read my response though given the smiley face.

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I don't think it's extreme for females to control their bodies.

Ironically, if "females" controlled their bodies there would be little need for abortions, and certainly no need for late term abortions.

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The main goal is to increase the white birthrate so whites don't become a minority. Look at the states passing these laws and the increase of white supremacy numbers and actions. 

This is an insane argument. It doesn't match the facts.

Read it and weep. We in feminist circles have been aware of this trend in far right and white supremist groups to restrict rights of females including taking away the right to vote, and not working outside the home (no careers). Please read the entire article, because it recounts actions around the world and in the U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/18/technology/replacement-theory.html

Edited to add:  https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/white-nationalist

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Read it and weep. We in feminist circles have been aware of this trend in far right and white supremist groups to restrict rights of females including taking away the right to vote, and not working outside the home (no careers). Please read the entire article, because it recounts actions around the world and in the U.S.

Define feminist circles.

Heck, define feminist. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

That would be called a busted flush in Poker.

15 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Read my signature.  

apparently I had to switch to my laptop for that. 

So when you stop prioritizing men over women - is it to start prioritizing women over men or to view all humans as equal?

PS - when you truly support a cause/belief - you should be able to speak to it, not just tell someone to read your tshirt or bumper sticker. 

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

If you wish to educate yourself as to what feminism is, Google is your friend.

Feminism takes many forms, some of which you may disagree with.  Perhaps you should instead answer her question directly so as to put an end to the ambiguity.

9 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

If you wish to educate yourself as to what feminism is, Google is your friend. 

Humanism is equality for all humans. 

This is sad. Yet, what I have come to expect from those women who want to wear the feminism label like some enlightened elitist badge. You all are responsible for turning "feminist" into a dirty word. You also seem to get your rocks off by alluding that you are a superior female species, implying that "other" females are less than. It's almost exactly the same as what white supremacy groups do if you think about it.

I am woman, I am competent, I am enough.

9 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Feminism takes many forms, some of which you may disagree with.  Perhaps you should instead answer her question directly so as to put an end to the ambiguity.

Truth. Which is exactly why I asked her perspective/belief.  For her Feminism is "me" and not "we". 

• Like 1

This (conspiracy) theory is really confusing me.

Isn't stopping abortion a Republican effort? Aren't Republicans often accused of being white supremacists, raciest, etc?

So if the theory is that allowing abortions keeps minority populations DOWN, wouldn't it then follow that Republicans support abortions?

Isn't ensuring access to abortion a Democratic effort? Aren't Democrats accused of catering to minorities simply to capture a vote? 

So if the theory is that allowing abortions keep minority populations DOWN, wouldn't it then follow that Democrats would condemn abortions?

• Like 1

Politics makes for strange bedfellows. 

(He said, in the thread where we discuss the results of many unplanned pregnancies). :) 

Yes, there are people who's view on abortion doesn't match their Party label. Although I'm kinda surprised to see someone in an elected position doing so. I'd assume there's a lot more litmus testing going on, in those cases. (I assume that the odds of a, say, pro-life Democrat being appointed as a federal judge are real slim.)

i Assume people have lots of different reasons for their view on abortion. (OK, and some of them are stupid. Maybe even racist.)

I know that my views views on abortion do not depend on which race is having one. Or on which political party I think will benefit from more/less of them. Maybe other people's views don't, either. 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

3rd season of Handmaid's tale is out if you all want to see a glimpse of our future.

Thanks for the heads up. I have never hated watching a show more than it but it really is a great piece of artwork on what society would look like if the religious fundies in America got their way.

• Haha 1

Abortions Survivors Testify to Trauma

Women tell House Dems to remember them as they block Born Alive Legislation

"It's easy to talk about women's reproductive rights until you recognize that without first the right to life, there are no other rights," Ohden said. "How do you reconcile my rights as a woman who survived a failed abortion with what's being discussed here today?"

Ohden says she has connected 287 abortion survivors through the Abortion Survivors Network, 184 of whom are women.

"I'm alive today because someone else's ‘reproductive right' failed to end my life," she said.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/abortions-survivors-testify-to-trauma/

On 6/4/2019 at 11:10 AM, thegreaterbuzzette said:

So if the theory is that allowing abortions keep minority populations DOWN, wouldn't it then follow that Democrats would condemn abortions?

No, because democrats have decide the right to choose is more important.  There's been studies into pushing minorities into higher abortion rates, seen numbers where black women are four times as likely to get an abortion as white women nationally, its not even close in the inner cities like New York. 

Sometimes I wonder if that's really about factors like money and the number of single parents that leads to that more then concerted effort to keep the black population down.  But that is one way to do it, encourage black women to get abortions and put as many black men in jail as possible.

As for whites trying to save their population, their birthrate and life expectancy is dropping in this country.  When the doors are closed and no one's looking, I do believe there's more to these pushes for limiting abortion rights then just religious reasons.  When your voting base is dying off...

I'm not sure that I get this argument that Red Stater Conservatives ought to be pro-abortion because it would sync with their racist objectives? Are people really saying the Republicans don't vote and act against their interests? Have you looked at any of the Red States at all? They vote against their self-interests all the time be it economically, environmentally, educationally, etc. Why not on abortion, too? If they can stick it to the other guy they don't care how much they get ****ed over.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Sometimes I wonder if that's really about factors like money and the number of single parents that leads to that more then concerted effort to keep the black population down.  But that is one way to do it, encourage black women to get abortions and put as many black men in jail as possible.

As for whites trying to save their population, their birthrate and life expectancy is dropping in this country.  When the doors are closed and no one's looking, I do believe there's more to these pushes for limiting abortion rights then just religious reasons.  When your voting base is dying off...

Who are these people "encouraging" abortions? I've yet to ever see/hear someone advocate the use of abortion outside of a medical professional when it was medically warranted. (And even then, it's not "encouraging"....)

1 hour ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Who are these people "encouraging" abortions? I've yet to ever see/hear someone advocate the use of abortion outside of a medical professional when it was medically warranted. (And even then, it's not "encouraging"....)

Here's an article about the founder of planned parenthood that talks about how she went to black communities with help of NAACP to drum up support for women's rights to birth control.

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/08/14/432080520/fact-check-was-planned-parenthood-started-to-control-the-black-population

In the 20s, black community really didn't support it.  It's not really clear if she put the same amount of effort into outreach to a different racial community, but her strong connection to eugenics makes people uncomfortable on the topic.  Needless to say that outreach is so effective blacks have more abortions on average them any other racial group in the country and its not even close.