Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Guess you don't remember this one from Kavanaugh's audition. Either way. 

Not saying this was her case but there are some states where the Federal Government should resist what is permitted under state law.

Lead paragraph from the article twa's pointing at.  

New York City will budget $250,000 to pay for abortions for low-income women who travel from other states for the procedure, The New York Times reported.

Just saying, that really doesn't sound like something I approve of.  

I mean, I could kinda see paying for them, for people on Medicaid.  Although I'm not sure I approve of Medicaid paying for elective procedures, I can kinda see the argument that abortions are cheaper than paying for pregnancy and delivery, so it's a money saver.  (And I don;t really like the taste of that argument, in my mough.)  

But paying for it, for people who don't live there?  Where's the justification for spending taxpayer dollars on that?  

Here's the fact: 97% of Planned Parenthood funds are spent on services other than abortions. Abortion funds total only 3%. And abortion funds are kept separately from all other funds in keeping with Hyde Amendment requirements.

Just so people want to cite facts to others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

(Colorado birth control.)

If you don't want to get pregnant, then we don't want you to get pregnant, either.  

LARCs certainly help if you can get them to do it......but those results are just for that type of contraceptive.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/colorado-birth-control-facts/

they also provided emergency contraceptives

17 minutes ago, twa said:

LARCs certainly help if you can get them to do it......but those results are just for that type of contraceptive.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/colorado-birth-control-facts/

So your point is that only providing some kinds of free birth control leads to those numbers?  

Sounds like an endorsement for providing those kinds.  The kind that work.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Larry said:

So your point is that only providing some kinds of free birth control leads to those numbers?  

Sounds like an endorsement for providing those kinds.  The kind that work.  

my point is encouraging people to use the most effective birth control(besides abstinence or sterilization ) certainly helps.

if you conflate the numbers to all birth control you are making a mistake.

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Listen, if males had a thing that happened to them monthly that made them bleed out of their penis for 5 straight days, while having stomach cramps, you'd better ****ing believe healthcare would cover medication for that.

Midol for the masses

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Listen, if males had a thing that happened to them monthly that made them bleed out of their penis for 5 straight days, while having stomach cramps, you'd better ****ing believe healthcare would cover medication for that.

Wait, that doesn’t happen to you?

• Haha 2