Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lindy's Sports: 2016 Redskins will finish 4th in NFC East

Boss_Hogg

Y'know, I'm pro nerd and pro geek, but geez that pic screams out NERD! 

I think it's the combo of his chipmunk cheeks (you should lose your baby fat by 30), Wonder Years haircut, and powder blue shirt. Heck, even the background looks like something out of a school photo.

Yeah, but he'll kick your ass at Equestranaut trivia and World of Warcraft!  :lol:

Not to pile onto the strength-of-schedule thing, but how do we win the division and then have to essentially give up a home game by playing it in London? I don't know if you guys have watched the games played over there, but there's zero crowd advantage.

I agree with the sentiment that if we were the best then none of this scheduling nonsense should matter, but the fact of the matter is that we aren't quite Super Bowl contenders yet. Combine the strength of schedule, string of away games, London home game, and we're talking about a decent disadvantage that no other NFCE teams have to deal with. 

Not to pile onto the strength-of-schedule thing, but how do we win the division and then have to essentially give up a home game by playing it in London? I don't know if you guys have watched the games played over there, but there's zero crowd advantage.

I agree with the sentiment that if we were the best then none of this scheduling nonsense should matter, but the fact of the matter is that we aren't quite Super Bowl contenders yet. Combine the strength of schedule, string of away games, London home game, and we're talking about a decent disadvantage that no other NFCE teams have to deal with. 

London game is an away game. Bengals are giving up their home game.

yeah, you might wanna double check the schedule, we have all 8 of our home games at FedEx Field. London game is an away game, bengals are the home team for that. meaning if we weren't playing the game in London, we'd be in cincinatti.

London game is an away game. Bengals are giving up their home game.

I googled Redskins schedule and it didn't show the "@" sign for the Bengals game and I believed what I read on the internet. That's what I get for being too lazy to click one more time and get to an actual source. Thanks for the correction gents.

The last few times the 'Skins have won the division, it has been mostly treated by the media as an aberration to "normal."  Part of that is the organization's own fault as the team has returned to mediocre the very next year.   It is really going to take winning consistently, or at least contending for the division for a handful of seasons to change the mind's of the media.  There is plenty of fuel by national sports media to suggest last season was a "everything went wrong with the other teams, so the 'Skins were the one team still left standing" Even if it is short-sighted and doesn't look deeper into everything.

I think this team will be improved this year regardless of the final record.  Whether they win enough games to win the division? Hard to tell right now without any real games played.  I do have a hard time believing they will finish last though. 

Last? No second most likely but will come down to us and the Giants

The Cowboys have a dominating offensive line and two older RBs and a rookie that everyone's freaking out about who's never played a snap. The last time a RB went in the top 5 of the draft before Zeke? Trent Richardson 2012, Darren McFadden 2008, Reggie Bush 2006, Ronnie Brown and Cedric Benson 2005. Sorry but while history doesn't decide fates that's a bad list. And they have  Witten aged 34 and Dez Bryant and nothing else. Dez falls into the category of look what happens when WR's get paid list which is pretty terrible. If you've never seen this data before

http://www.rotowire.com/football/showArticle.htm?id=19307

Needless to say post signing that big contract Dez Bryant shouldn't scare anyone at all. Who is there #2 WR? T-Will? That guy is terrible and Cole is at best a WR3. Offensively that team does not excite me at all and I predict will not be going anywhere this year or anytime soon. They will finish 3rd. 

The Eagles well they are terrible, They have an odds on favorite one and done head coach who doesn't know how to run a team evidenced by signing three QBs this season and owning the highest QB salary group of all teams by a mile. The starting RB is an often injured Ryan Matthews and they have weak to bad receivers. With an offense easy to stop my prediction is they will finish 4th and start over next year

That leaves only the Giants in our way of a repeat. I like what they did in Free Agency and especially the NFL draft. The rookie WR Sheppard likely will produce and they improved there defense. What they didn't do right is address there RB situation but hey neither did we. Thing is they have a platoon of guys who they hope they can find one that fits week to week and well we have Jones and that's it. The biggest gripe I have with our off-season remains the RBs on our team as we went all in with Jones, after a rookie season where he didn't look great enough to do that with. I fear over reaction if we find ourselves needing more bodies there this year. Now the biggest issue with the Giants I have is Eli Manning. Since 2011 his rankings for QB production have slowly been decreasing and he's 35 now. Old and getting worse I love that they strapped him down with an expensive 4 year contract last season, already at the age of when you see QBs start to fade this or next year will likely see a sharp decline in his production and he could be working on the leagues worst QB contract for any team now. No one will beat father time. This was to me an all in year for the Giants as they know that windows closing quick so if we don't win the division this year I expect them too. 

Oh and while I didn't touch on these defenses much to me clearly we have the best Defense in the division top to bottom on paper. I rank the Defenses Us #1, Giants #2, Eagles #3, Cows #4

When we beat the Steelers in week one people will start to respect us.

What if you lose the next 15?

You want respect, earn it.  This team hasn't been a consistent winner since 1990-1992. 3 Playoff years with a Superbowl title in the middle.  2015 must be a first step and not a flash in the pan.  2012, 2007, 2005, 1999 were flashes only.  You beat the teams on your schedule consistently. Year in and year out.  We haven't done that.  When we do that and become playoff regulars; then we will have earned some respect.  Last year isn't going to mean jack**** and we finish 6-10 this year.   We need to be in the playoff hunt all year and frankly make the playoffs. We do that, then maybe we have finally broken the curse of losing under Dan Snyder.

Cousins is the man?  Then he has to prove it this year; he does that and he's set and so are we.  If Kirk reverts to his past self; then we are not really further along as we like.  Gruden has to prove he can take it further. 

I don't care what the mags/media/etc.. say about us.  Every year, people are thumping their chests. Talking about the disrespect and usually by midseason; it's over.

So, I'll take a wait and see attitude.  I'm cautiously optimistic this year  but will wait and see what happens.

I don't care what the mags/media/etc.. say about us.  Every year, people are thumping their chests. Talking about the disrespect and usually by midseason; it's over.

So, I'll take a wait and see attitude.  I'm cautiously optimistic this year  but will wait and see what happens.

I don't care much about media brags or whatever.

I care more about the fact that I doubt the other teams on our schedule as marked our game as an easy W. That's where respect comes from.

I just cant see us finishing worse than the Eagles. They are a complete dumpster fire right now. Dallas and NY both have a lot of talent on their roster's. But so do we. I wouldnt be completely shocked if we finish 3rd in the division. I would kinda be shocked if we won the division again to be honest. I mean no one has gone back to back in the NFCE since Philly did it in 03-04.

My problem with the cowboys is the "ginger" they have for a coach simply sucks.  Any adversity and or injury to star players the team seems to implode.  That is coaching.  Also no one can tell me romoSUCKS will have a healthy season, the guy has had some major injuries in the past couple of years and age is catching up to him.  This is why I think they went with Zeke because they know the key is to move the chains without romoSUCKS getting hit time and again (no matter how good of an OL they think they have romoSUCKS has been hit a lot because he was to make that play).

The Giants have signed a lot of high price FAs but A:  name one stellar FA they signed (I didn't say good I said stellar) and B: new coach mean growing pains.

The Eagles for my money just might be more competitive than the Giants but that doesn't say much. 

All we need to do is build on where we left off. 

People wanna dismiss Philly right off the bat, I know this- Jim Schwartz can coach like a mother****er, he WILL have their D showin' up

Yeah, but how much does that mean when you don't even know who your QB is going to be.

They publically say Bradford, but why are they giving all 3 QBs equal starting reps in practice?

People wanna dismiss Philly right off the bat, I know this- Jim Schwartz can coach like a mother****er, he WILL have their D showin' up

I agree with you here and him going back to a DC, instead of HC role, with a first time bumbling HC? Schwartz is going to have the eagles playing tough defense. Eagles are going to be better than people are giving them credit.

Giants have no offensive line and cowboys won't be fielding a defense this year.

I think we're a lock to win the East and if we can fix our run game on both sides, while actually having a pass rush, I think we're in the conversation about the NFC.

There's plenty of ifs, just like every team, but I see us as a 11/12 win team next season and winning a lot of games easily. I think we have a solid team with depth.

Being worried about SOS is silly. Nobody knows, outside of a few teams, who's going to be really good or not

Lets hope Andy Reid 2.0 fails and Vinny promotes Schwartz to Hc, or maybe he can just bring in a Zorn for next year.

ughh. I forget about jim Schwartz for so long, and some piece of **** in here brings him up again and I get all sad...thanks for that. :angry:

I think we're a lock to win the East and if we can fix our run game on both sides, while actually having a pass rush, I think we're in the conversation about the NFC.

There's plenty of ifs, just like every team, but I see us as a 11/12 win team next season and winning a lot of games easily. I think we have a solid team with depth.

Cooley thinks we're going at least 11-5.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/06/30/chris-cooley-the-redskins-are-winning-11-games-next-year/?hpid=hp_local-news_cooley-skins-430pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Bet early and often on the Skins. I'm putting down a large (by my meager standards) initial investment on over 7.5 wins.

Live Betting Lines And Odds

BET NFC EAST DIVISION FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL
NFC EAST DIVISION - 09/11/2016 
  MONEYLINE
Dallas Cowboys +175
New York Giants +220
Washington Redskins +275
Philadelphia Eagles +420

pretty good money line..

09/11/2016 
01:00 PM (EST) 25345 
25346 Washington Redskins win NFC East 
Field wins NFC East   +330 
bet 300 win a thousand dollars...

and I may have to throw down some cabbage on this too..

09/11/2016 
01:00 PM (EST) 25215 
25216 Washington Redskins win NFC Conf  +1850
Field wins NFC Conference   -2850 

$500 bet gets you almost 10 g's

...$50 bet gets you gets you $925....if i bet $54,000..I'd be a millionaire...

I personally think we're going 14-2 and losing to the eagles and Panthers.

Really? We're going to be so good that we'll be 14-2, yet we'll somehow manage to split with the Eagles? No matter which QB they start, we're not splitting with them. We're sweepin that ***. Guaranteed. If we go 14-2, I'd say we lose to the panthers and cardinals.

14-2? You really believe that Cooleyfan?

Bold prediction bro.

The last time we went 14-2 you hadn't even been ejaculated yet.

No, I don't think we will go 14-2. Which is why, if you read further into my messge, you will notice that I asked whoever I quoted why HE thinks that we'd be 14-2, but somehow manage to only beat the Eagles once. My prediction is 9-7, maybe 10-6 or 11-5 if things go right.

I was just saying who I'D predict we'd lose to if KookBlues 14-2 record prediction happens.

Archived