Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Huffington Post: Three Black Women Claim They Were Beaten By White Students On A Bus

Xameil

Lol wow...one didn't disappoint.

Cell phone tape was released by the person who taped it...it showed it was all bull****.

Latest article was after Feb 4th. I'll find it for you. It was actually a well written article...it was what made me what to do this thread

I agree they should release the tapes.

There's a reason they aren't releasing the CDTA tapes yet. I believe they are now in the hands of the DA. I think they may bring up charges against the accusers

. But if the reporter is saying that didn't happen at all, was it just an argument?

The reporter is saying it was argument between a black girl and a white girl, and added the white girl received a black eye (we already know the injuries of the black girl)

I want to see the tape too.

Again, not trying to take away from the fact that there is still a problem with race in this country, it's just sometimes these stories don't make sense.

If the three of them had started with the story: A fight happened on the bus and someone threw around racial slurs... then that I would believe. I have zero problem believing that. It's when the story is blown up into a bus full of white people attacking them. And when you find out (again, we haven't seen the tape, going off the reporter) that the main accusation is not only wrong, it's not even close to the truth, then (in my book) you've lost all credibility and now have to actually prove what you claim.

And the reason we don't have the tapes is because that's how proper investigations are done. I realize in this day and age people stomp their feet when their immediate need for information is not satisfied, but investigations take time when done properly and the people investigating are under no obligation to release those tapes so we can see it and argue about it on the internet ;)

Just like good cops should be the first to come out against bad cops, and rape survivors/feminists/etc should be the first coming out against false accusers (Duke, UVA, etc), folks who work on race issues should be the first coming out against this. It's about the worst thing that can happen to the cause you're most passionate about

My own perspective on life is to never take anyone, black or white, republican or democrat, at face value. Always verify and try to not let your own biases cloud the facts at hand. Context counts.

Exactly. The article I mentioned last night pretty much says the same thing, and also mentions how disappointed the writer was that the media was pretty much to blame for this situation

“Now, make no mistake, I do not believe I did anything wrong,” she wrote

Yeah.

Nothing wrong. You just have an outstanding warrant for not paying a parking ticket, an ongoing case for driving an unregistered vehicle in another county, and another unpaid parking ticket a third county.

:lol:

“Now, make no mistake, I do not believe I did anything wrong,” she wrote

Yeah.

Nothing wrong. You just have an outstanding warrant for not paying a parking ticket, an ongoing case for driving an unregistered vehicle in another county, and another unpaid parking ticket a third county.

:lol:

You forgot driving 67 in a 45MPH zone.

Usually there some sort of rational self interest involved in lying about something like these girls did--lying to get out of trouble for instance. Is that what happened here, or were they just lying to perpetrate a hoax? Either way, crying wolf hurts the social justice cause that was going to try and help them, but the second one is worse.

Usually there some sort of rational self interest involved in lying about something like these girls did--lying to get out of trouble for instance. Is that what happened here, or were they just lying to perpetrate a hoax? Either way, crying wolf hurts the social justice cause that was going to try and help them, but the second one is worse.

I don't think we'll ever know why they did it. Maybe their mommy's and daddy's didn't hold them enough and they needed attention. Maybe they wanted to get someone booted out of the school....who knows

You have a link to the cell phone tape?

Lol its widely available. In fact I believe Destino posted it in his link

What you will see is 1 girl pounding on another while a crowd on a bus is half cheering and half just looking on. Then you see a white male try and break it up, unsucessfully. He promptly sits back down.

There are several more cell phone videos and 12 cameras on the bus that caught it. All in the DAs hands now. The media after seeing the cell phone videos pretty much dropped any more coverage, and the president of the university has now changed his tone as well from being utterly appalled to...well let's see what the investigation brings...

Truth isn't the most important issue here.  Its big picture. Historically there have been a lot of these types of beatings.

Wow, why is there an uproar and backlash about that? Those officers were super nice and respectful. They can't ignore a warrant.

Yeah they can.

Truth isn't the most important issue here. Its big picture. Historically there have been a lot of these types of beatings.

Yeah they can.

Truth is by lying about it you hurt your cause...

That's a lesson that should have been learned in kindergarten with a story about a boy who called wolf

Archived