Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Huffington Post: Three Black Women Claim They Were Beaten By White Students On A Bus

Xameil

I'm not sure what that means.

I think it means that because it happened in the past we must automatically assume that whenever someone claims they were beaten by whites then it must be believed without having evidence.

So, whenever you see an English man wearing a long red coat in Boston, you need to assume that he's trying to quell the colonist uprising...

I think it means that because it happened in the past we must automatically assume that whenever someone claims they were beaten by whites then it must be believed without having evidence.

So, whenever you see an English man wearing a long red coat in Boston, you need to assume that he's trying to quell the colonist uprising...

Or it means that because there have been some false racial accusations in the past, we must automatically assume that whenever someone claims to be a victim of racism we must rush to the nearest thread and mock the possibility.     :P 

You win this time, but she would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids!   

Or it means that because there have been some false racial accusations in the past, we must automatically assume that whenever someone claims to be a victim of racism we must rush to the nearest thread and mock the possibility. :P

You win this time, but she would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids!

Lol I waited until the evidence was already out before I posted ;). I didn't assume anything.

Lol I waited until the evidence was already out before I posted ;). I didn't assume anything.

And I didn't know anything when I read the thread and suggested waiting for more information too.  

I'm mostly just pulling your leg.  Both sides jump to conclusions in situations like this - almost like clockwork.  

And I didn't know anything when I read the thread and suggested waiting for more information too.

I'm mostly just pulling your leg. Both sides jump to conclusions in situations like this - almost like clockwork.

Lol that was the purpose of the thread :D

And Destino had to ruin it by being a level headed, smart guy who actually researches. :)

Sorry, I'm just trying to be funny.  I more or less agree with every perspective being shared in this thread.  Lying in order to further a cause (or interjecting oneself into a cause by lying) can be devastating to the cause.  Also, the specific individuals involved here appear to be oversenstive, worthless manipulative pieces of dung, and everyone should be upset with them. 

In addition, the validity of the underlying "causes" are a separate issue.  In that same vein, to ignore the fact the incidents that appeared to have occurred, and which now appear to have been fabricated/grossly exaggerated, and instead point to the worthiness of the "overarching cause" or the "movement" misses the specific point here-- these idiots have deceived everyone.

pretty weak..... no?

Just as aside, the Tawana Brawley incident began in November 1987. So just under 30 years ago. So maybe we can let that go as a knee-jerk touchstone for these types of stories.

No one up here jumps to that conclusion...just so happens that it is pretty much the same....sooooo yeahhh it gets brought up again since they lied

Well...finally got an update. Obviously not well documented in the media because of the outcome...

Turns out the accusers not only started the fight, but were the only ones to use any racist language.

UAlbany students claiming to be victims of racial bus attack to face charges

ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – NEWS10 ABC has learned that charges are forthcoming against the three UAlbany students who claimed they were the victims of a racial attack on a CDTA bus.

http://news10.com/2016/02/24/ualbany-students-claiming-to-be-victims-of-racial-bus-attack-to-face-charges/

http://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-local/article/Churchill-Despite-charges-UAlbany-bus-fight-6852742.php

Schalk doesn't regret supporting the women, saying she would also rather err on the side of potential victims. But she does wish the aftermath had played out differently.

"I wish that it had not caught fire the way that it did, so that we could have approached it with more calmness," she said. "What really needed to be slowed was the immediate call for expulsions and all that."

By that she means expulsions for the students who were initially accused of initiating the fight. Now, there are demands that the women who made the claims be expelled — and that Schalk and UAlbany President Robert Jones be fired.

Everybody take a deep breath. Inhale ... and exhale.

The ire toward the African-American school president results mostly from an email sent out after the incident in which he expressed dismay and repeated the women's claims without qualification. To be honest, I'm not sure that he did anything wrong.

Yes, Jones could have been more measured. Yes, his email took sides. But why would he doubt the women? Why wouldn't Jones express support for apparent victims?

It's amazing how false accusations are excused and diminished. Look at the tone of the above quote. At no point are the people that were falsely accused considered to be victims even though one left school after being threatened. Take a breath we are told. Now people want calm and measured. Now when the roles reverse, suddenly pitchforks and torches look like a bad idea. Where was that when people were organizing rallies and demanding expulsions?

The well intentioned "believe the victim" position coupled with the strategy of going after the social license, the ability to exist in a community, of the accused as a means of showing support is mob justice mascarading as social justice. It's clever new packaging for the old stupid concept of witch hunting. The only certainty in it, is that it will have decidedly unjust consequences.

Archived