Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Huffington Post: Three Black Women Claim They Were Beaten By White Students On A Bus

Xameil

The one point I'm laughing about is the "rights activist" Alice Green saying that an apology from the girls should be enough to settle everything.

"Alice Green, a well-known Albany social activist and director of the Center for Law and Justice, was one of the few people who was invited by the Albany County District Attorney to watch the bus video.

“I would not lock them up, but if it comes to be that they made false claims, there needs to be an apology perhaps,” she said of the young accusers."

Uhhhhh..... An apology, perhaps ?

Oh, boy.

In my city last week, a black student beat a white female bus driver so bad she had to be taken to the hospital. Barely got a reaction. As a matter of fact, the local paper write up didn't even mention race.

Do we have any reason to think that race was a motivating factor in that particular incident?  

Race usually only gets brought up where it might, you know, be relevant to what happened.

Looks like the 3 are in fact being charged:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/26/university-albany-students-who-claimed-to-be-victims-racist-attack-charged.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Three black female college students who claimed to be victims of an assault by a group of white men and women have been charged themselves. 

Officials at the University of Albany announced Thursday that two of the women, Ariel Agudio and Asha Burwell, have been charged with misdemeanor assault and falsely reporting an incident. The third woman, Alexis Briggs, has been charged with misdemeanor assault.

The women, all 20 years old, claimed they were attacked early on the morning of Jan. 30 while riding a bus. They claimed that they were called racial slurs and were physically attacked while bystanders looked on.

Investigators say a review of multiple videos of the incident showed no evidence the women were victims of a crime or subjected to racial slurs. In fact, police said the women were the aggressors, assaulting a 19-year-old white woman. 

Police said surveillance and cellphone video, as well as eyewitness testimony, contradicted the women's account. The white men Agudio, Burwell and Briggs claimed assaulted them were actually trying to break up the fight.

"I especially want to point out that what happened on the bus was not a 'hate crime,'" University Police Chief Frank Wiley said in a statement, according to the Albany Times-Union.

This reminds me of a black kid I knew in high school, he had said that his father told him if he ever got in any trouble with a white student or teacher that he should say that they called him the N word. the ultimate weapon.

this reminds me of this guy i knew on extremeskins.... he said that if he ever got into a debate about race, just say that Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton were <probably> on the other side.    The second ultimate weapon :)

Looks like the 3 are in fact being charged:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/26/university-albany-students-who-claimed-to-be-victims-racist-attack-charged.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Three black female college students who claimed to be victims of an assault by a group of white men and women have been charged themselves. 

Officials at the University of Albany announced Thursday that two of the women, Ariel Agudio and Asha Burwell, have been charged with misdemeanor assault and falsely reporting an incident. The third woman, Alexis Briggs, has been charged with misdemeanor assault.

The women, all 20 years old, claimed they were attacked early on the morning of Jan. 30 while riding a bus. They claimed that they were called racial slurs and were physically attacked while bystanders looked on.

Investigators say a review of multiple videos of the incident showed no evidence the women were victims of a crime or subjected to racial slurs. In fact, police said the women were the aggressors, assaulting a 19-year-old white woman. 

Police said surveillance and cellphone video, as well as eyewitness testimony, contradicted the women's account. The white men Agudio, Burwell and Briggs claimed assaulted them were actually trying to break up the fight.

"I especially want to point out that what happened on the bus was not a 'hate crime,'" University Police Chief Frank Wiley said in a statement, according to the Albany Times-Union.

thats a good result, and an appropriate (sounding to me) level of charge.  

I wonder how hard it is to get a "falsely reporting" charge to stick, in general.... you have to demonstrate that they not only reported a "crime" that didn't take place, but that there is no way that they believed (mistakenly) that they had been wronged.   that seems like a hard burden of proof.

testimony and video should be easier on the assault charge.

thats a good result, and an appropriate (sounding to me) level of charge.

I wonder how hard it is to get a "falsely reporting" charge to stick, in general.... you have to demonstrate that they not only reported a "crime" that didn't take place, but that there is no way that they believed (mistakenly) that they had been wronged. that seems like a hard burden of proof.

testimony and video should be easier on the assault charge.

They called 911...I believe that constitutes falsely reporting

this reminds me of this guy i knew on extremeskins.... he said that if he ever got into a debate about race, just say that Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton were <probably> on the other side. The second ultimate weapon :)

This all reminds me of the time I bought the DVD box set from season 1 of The Amazing Race. I thought it was going to be a show about white people. It's the most disappointing viewing experience I've had since I threw down $27 to watch Precious in imax 3D.

Sigh. Human beings suck so much anymore. We're awful to one another.

It's in our nature...we are nice to those in our circles...or communities, the rest of em.....**** em....just human nature. Been that way since the dawn of time and for every creature on the planet. We are only nice to one another when we have a common enemy

I doubt it.

Doubt all ya want...but look around the world...for the most part it's true.

I was with Kilmer on this. Something just didn't seem right about this story from the beginning. In fact, I try my best to be skeptical about these, hell most stories from the beginning. I'm not always successful, but I do try.

I'm gonna give ya props...honestly when I posted this, I was expecting more people to jump in on either side and go ape ****..from some of your posts in other threads I thought you'd be one of em.

But you weren't so...I'm admitting I was wrong..

Hell most of ES showed me there is hope for most of ya'll ;)

Doubt all ya want...but look around the world...for the most part it's true.

What about the teacher who takes a bullet to give his students the chance to escape a shooter? The firefighter running into the burning building while everybody else is running out? The soldier who dives on a grenade to save his platoon?

What about people who volunteer at soup kitchens? Stop to help a stranger change a tire? Donate to charity?

Are they all going against human nature? I doubt it.

What about the teacher who takes a bullet to give his students the chance to escape a shooter? The firefighter running into the burning building while everybody else is running out? The soldier who dives on a grenade to save his platoon?

What about people who volunteer at soup kitchens? Stop to help a stranger change a tire? Donate to charity?

Are they all going against human nature? I doubt it.

Point missed...completely

Point missed...completely

Oh I see you think people are capable of being kind, but only to their own tribe? Is that it?

Okay, then what about the dozens of international charities like Save the Children, Doctors Without Borders, Action International, the Global Hunger Project, etc.? Are all their donors going against human nature?

What about the white people who marched with Dr. King? The straight people who advocate gay rights? The white supporters of BLM? The white abolitionists? Are they all violating human nature?

Hell we even care about other species, which are definitely not people like us, look at all the animal rights and environmental groups. I suppose they're going against human nature too?

Or am I still missing your point?

Archived