Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

3 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

You're saying the Biden administration rounded up people, lied to them about employment and housing and dumped them, unbenounced to the destination city, with no pre-arranged social, logistical or language services with no notice to the community? 

You wanna cite a source to this? 

Here ya go 

https://nypost.com/2021/10/18/biden-secretly-flying-underage-migrants-into-ny-in-dead-of-night/

2 minutes ago, Tundra scout said:

You do realize that none of that is comparable to what DeSantis did, correct?

From your link..

Westchester County cops stood by as the passengers — whose flights arrived at 10:49 p.m. Wednesday and 9:52 p.m. Friday — got off and piled into buses.

Some of them were later seen meeting up with relatives or sponsors in New Jersey, or being dropped off at a residential facility on Long Island.

At no time did they lie to them to get them to board  and relocate them to another city without pre-planning where they would resettle. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Tundra scout said:

Did you read the article or just the headline? 

Some of them were later seen meeting up with relatives or sponsors in New Jersey, or being dropped off at a residential facility on Long Island.

A source familiar with the operation at the Westchester airport said the underage migrants typically arrive carrying backpacks and are bused to locations including the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, upstate Newburgh, and Bridgeport and Danbury in Connecticut.

Around 12:30 a.m. Saturday, it stopped in Syosset, Long Island, at the campus of MercyFirst, a nonprofit sponsored by the Catholic Sisters of Mercy that provides housing and services for “children and adolescents who are the victims of societal problems,” according to its website.

MercyFirst has a contract to supply the federal government with residential services for “immigrant youth,” according to the site.

So the Federal Government is relocating unaccompanied minors to their relatives, sponsors, or federal contractors providing residential services.  Is this a problem?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Nah, Brandon, you need to go Dark Mode on this one and at minimum take the lead on what you want in the bill you want to sign.

Asking Congress to do something is like asking my 19 month old to... "hey, stop that!!!"

He needs to directly ask DoJ to investigate and ask Congress to investigate if a law has been broken and if not, craft a law to ban this going forward. 

Edit:  But he really needs to just support a young Dem taking up this issue for visibility.  Party needs to get younger.

Edited by The Almighty Buzz
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

He needs to directly ask DoJ to investigate and ask Congress to investigate if a law has been broken and if not, craft a law to ban this going forward. 

Agreed, and don't make it a scroll line on CNN, primetime address it, dare to make it a midterm issue to increase turnout for what he wants if only he had more democrats in congress.

25 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Edit:  But he really needs to just support a young Dem taking up this issue for visibility.  Party needs to get younger.

I think I know a guy, he's from a border state as well...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Whether you agree with the bussing of illegal imigrants to sanctuary cities, can you please stop calling it human trafficking, because it's not.  Referring to it as such is nothing but word play from the left to make it sound a whole lot worse than it is.  

https://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign/what-human-trafficking#:~:text=Human trafficking involves the use,here in the United States.

Human trafficking involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act.

They also are signing forms agreeing to be sent to sanctuary cities.  Yes, it's a political statement from the right, but both sides are guilty of using them as political pawns.  

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/texas-is-giving-migrants-these-consent-forms-before-busing-to-nyc-washington-dc/

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Word play bad!

Consent forms good!

Irony dead!

I'm just explaining it's not human trafficking and if that article is correct and they signed forms agreeing to be bussed to a sanctuary city, it's not as bad as the left is making it out to be.  Pretty simple, even a Beal can understand it..........

• Haha 1

Also what’s the difference?

im aware there’s a difference but I don’t really know except that asylum speakers are held after they bring themselves to authorities and there’s a process about asking for asylum, and the others are caught in the country illegally and held for a deportation trial 

And I’m aware a lot of people the blur the line like saying someone is an asylum seeker when they were captured here illegally but the fact that the reason they came here is fleeing persecution they’re technically asylum seekers they just never applied or knew or intended to officially seek asylum they just fled

outside of that im clueless and sorta guess On what little I do know about the differences 

36 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Whether you agree with the bussing of illegal imigrants to sanctuary cities, can you please stop calling it human trafficking, because it's not.  Referring to it as such is nothing but word play from the left to make it sound a whole lot worse than it is.  

https://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign/what-human-trafficking#:~:text=Human trafficking involves the use,here in the United States.

They also are signing forms agreeing to be sent to sanctuary cities.  Yes, it's a political statement from the right, but both sides are guilty of using them as political pawns.  

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/texas-is-giving-migrants-these-consent-forms-before-busing-to-nyc-washington-dc/

I understand where you're coming from but I can't imagine that they're signing forms and know exactly what they're signing.  Yes, the left is certainly capable of using them as pawns but let's not take our eyes off who kicked this thing off.

36 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I understand where you're coming from but I can't imagine that they're signing forms and know exactly what they're signing.  Yes, the left is certainly capable of using them as pawns but let's not take our eyes off who kicked this thing off.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'm just explaining it's not human trafficking and if that article is correct and they signed forms agreeing to be bussed to a sanctuary city, it's not as bad as the left is making it out to be.  Pretty simple, even a Beal can understand it..........

Do you use consent forms when you traffic people?