Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

34 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Do you use consent forms when you traffic people?  

Do you have the mental capacity to read and comprehend the definition of what human trafficking actually is?  

21 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

You gotta admit, the tailgate is pretty amazing.  You wouldn’t think we would have any experts on human trafficking within our ranks…but you’d be wrong!

Where did I say I was an expert on anything?  But at least I know the difference between what human trafficking is and bussing people to another city (legally or illegally) is.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Where did I say I was an expert on anything?  But at least I know the difference between what human trafficking is and bussing people to another city (legally or illegally) is. 

You were crowned "Guy Who Knows Everything There is to Know about Child Sex Trafficking".

Was that a mistake?

Edited by The Almighty Buzz
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, China said:

if immigration officials, which would be federal employees, did as this person claims why are they employed today?  If they lied to these people and the spiked their applications with far flung addresses making it impossible for them to present themselves as required, how is it possible that they are allowed to remain employed as immigration officials?  

Imagine if police were intentionally giving you the wrong address to pay your fine so that they could arrest you.  That’s what’s being alleged here.  If they fail to show their application is thrown out and they are subject to being thrown into an immigration detention facility.  How the hell is this possible?  

I’ve had family trapped in an immigration detention center because addresses on paperwork got confused.  I know what it means and what the costs are.  I could spell out how angry hearing this makes me and why, but I just don’t feel up to rehashing it.  Suffice it to say I’m ****ing enraged.  

• Like 8

8 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

You're saying the Biden administration rounded up people, lied to them about employment and housing and dumped them, unbenounced to the destination city, with no pre-arranged social, logistical or language services with no notice to the community? 

I'm pretty sure what he's saying is that the act is monstrous. And he approves of it. Because it's monstrous. Therefore he wants to defend it, without looking monstrous. And look!  One of the "independents" he parrots found out some way where he can try to kind of imply that two things are the same. Even though he knows they're not. So don't actually say it. Just repeat the phrase and pretend you've said it. 

But. It's just a guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Whether you agree with the bussing of illegal imigrants to sanctuary cities, can you please stop calling it human trafficking, because it's not.  Referring to it as such is nothing but word play from the left to make it sound a whole lot worse than it is.  

https://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign/what-human-trafficking#:~:text=Human trafficking involves the use,here in the United States.

They also are signing forms agreeing to be sent to sanctuary cities.  Yes, it's a political statement from the right, but both sides are guilty of using them as political pawns.  

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/texas-is-giving-migrants-these-consent-forms-before-busing-to-nyc-washington-dc/

I agree that both sides use illegal immigrants as pawns, but I think it is also human trafficking. I think they are victims of fraud and their labor is to be used as political pawns.

If what desantis did is illegal then he should get whats coming to him, hopefully without two years of senate hearings and a congressional investigation. I prefer Justice be swift.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

10 hours ago, Destino said:

Imagine if police were intentionally giving you the wrong address to pay your fine so that they could arrest you.  That’s what’s being alleged here.

Just saying, when my father and I were arrested, my mother was given a fake address for where they were taking us. 

17 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Then why did you say they didn't provide any context if you're now saying context is irrelevant?

Well, context is important in knowing whether or not the person with the sign did anything more than make the sign, but no context is needed to know that making a sign is easy. So we are talking about different things, some which need context, and some which don’t. It’s complicated.

On the other hand, apparently making a sign isn’t as easy as I make it out to be,  as pointed out by @TradeTheBeal!

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84