Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

On 11/27/2018 at 9:13 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well I am by no means his base and I think the pictures are sad.  But if people are trying to rush the border, tear gas being used is by far not the worst option to use.  I despise trump but we do need some semblance of border security. Tear gas is rather humane in the grand scheme of things.  And I've been exposed to tear gas so I know how it feels.

Well, I'd agree, and I have had my taste of CS as well, but I think the question ought to be framed more like was our best option closing legal crossings, shutting down asylum applications, manufacturing a situation where the result was meant to be teargassing women and children or not?

This is political theatre, nothing more.

10 hours ago, MartinC said:

Interesting numbers. Not sure how accurate these numbers can be .. counting illegal or unauthorized immigrants seems very difficult to do accurately.

Only 3 states had an increase in illegal residents over the past decade:

Maryland 60k+

Mass         35k+

Louisianna 15k+

What makes Maryland so attractive? I know we are very diverse. I personally like it.

36 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Interesting numbers. Not sure how accurate these numbers can be .. counting illegal or unauthorized immigrants seems very difficult to do accurately.

Only 3 states had an increase in illegal residents over the past decade:

Maryland 60k+

Mass         35k+

Louisianna 15k+

What makes Maryland so attractive? I know we are very diverse. I personally like it.

Crabcakes?

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Garcetti is a wack cornball, but I agree with this. Make the case for immigration. Put out ads about why immigrants are important.

And do that with other policies as well. No need to shout back at Trump. Beat him with actual policy positions and plans.

I'm sorry but this is wrong.

People that still support trump don't give a crap about actual policy positions and plans.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, twa said:

Well since the vast majority of America falls into one of those 2 parties and both parties are doing something then I think it is fair to call it a American problem. Republicans and democrats were doing something. If it was just democrats then it would be a Democrat problem.

31 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

That tweet by PoliMath is a strawman and I’m stunned that twa would post it....actually I’m not, but it still is.

Since he condemned Republicans until he was enlightened is it?

Funny what people see until they don't.

1 hour ago, twa said:

Since he condemned Republicans until he was enlightened is it?

Funny what people see until they don't.

I'm confused by the argument. Takei called out the GOP for okaying tear gas. Then when he found out that Obama had okayed it before, he called out the country (since both parties have used it). 

So what's the problem here? 😕

Edited by The Evil Genius

27 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

So what's the problem here? 😕

The person who took Takei's admission that he was wrong, and was revising his position, and tried to then use his morally correct decision to support a false claim. 

And the ES poster who did exactly the same thing.