Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

2 hours ago, twa said:

Did he say he was wrong or just ignorant of history?

He admitted he made a mistake.  Someone who can't do that is who I'd label ignorant.  (Note, not saying you are ignorant.)

note 2:  I may be  thinking it though.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

He admitted he made a mistake.  Someone who can't do that is who I'd label ignorant.  (Note, not saying you are ignorant.)

^This

A good measure of a man is when he can admit he was wrong, just own it without excuses or "whatabouts?"

Edited by LD0506
  • Like 1

Here's a big difference between Trump and Obama using tear gas.

Obama wasn't simultaneously screaming into the atmosphere that South of the Border folks were evil, bad, and dangerous.

Yes there are some neccessary tactics needed to protect the borders.

Let's say your 12 year old cat needed to be put down. There's a reason you humanely take it to the vet, instead of snapping its neck yourself. 

It's not just the act, but the rhetoric behind it with this whole immigration thing.

If that made no sense, blame the dayquil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

by chance, this is actually the first post i've read in here for awhile, but before i explore to see what the context is, i offer to happily step in and officially declare he is ignorant, and also lies about his height

thank you for the opportunity, and i will now catch up in here before the next caravan massacre is upon us

cuz the next one isn't just 20 times the size, it's mainly ex-spetsnaz, cannibals, mexican juggalos and some irish...and i'm sure some of them are fine people

Weird how the ominous imminent southern border invasion is much more laissez faire these days. I know the people didn't all vanish. I'm sure all those terrorists and crime lords have a lot of plans and wouldn't travel all that way if they knew they'd just stop production on the docudrama right before the big showdown with the gringo army (or was that one tear-gas outbreak it?). I think it's one of those series that was cancelled too soon, or at least should get a shot on another network.

On 12/4/2018 at 3:56 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea, it's called being in the military.  It's kinda what we do. 

I have more than a few buds, not all alive, who'd love to have been wasting their time at that border instead of a ****ing jungle or desert for a bunch of ****ing bull****---well, when you get down to the bottom line, it's to make old rich white guys that much richer, really. 

(went into an OT vent there, sorry)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Weird how the ominous imminent southern border invasion is much more laissez faire these days. I know the people didn't all vanish. I'm sure all those terrorists and crime lords have a lot of plans and wouldn't travel all that way if they knew they'd just stop production on the docudrama right before the big showdown with the gringo army (or was that one tear-gas outbreak it?). I think it's one of those series that was cancelled too soon, or at least should get a shot on another network.

They caught another group after scaling the fence.

The No borders folk seem to have left after talk of suing them for false promises....or worse

Those in the shelter have been relocated to a better facility further from the border.

I could go on....but out of sight,out of mind ect.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, twa said:

They caught another group after scaling the fence.

The No borders folk seem to have left after talk of suing them for false promises....or worse

Those in the shelter have been relocated to a better facility further from the border.

I could go on....but out of sight,out of mind ect.

I had been keeping track. I'm just reflecting on the attention focus/media/political angles, consequences to on the ground reality and what that reality is, the problem overall---where it's headed, and just me continuing to go singing where men have no voice....or should shut up or something.

• Haha 1

I am not for giving any citizenship to people who come into this country illegally but this made me real happy.

Hell yeah mom! Nicely done! 19 year old making it happen for her family.

Now hopefully you have family in the US your son can be placed with until he can be the chain immigration for you, the dad and his 3 year old older brother.

Wow it gets even better. They got on US soil, asked for asylum and the Border patrol is releasing them on personal recognizance and allowing them to move to Columbus Ohio while their asylum is being processed? I thought they werent going to do that anymore?

I am just so happy for this young family.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/honduran-woman-19-in-migrant-caravan-scales-border-wall-to-give-birth-in-us-after-2000-mile-trip