Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

Lonnie Swartz was accused of firing multiple shots through the border fence in Nogales, Ariz., with 10 hitting Jose Antonio Elena Rodriguez, who was on the Mexican side of the fence, the Arizona Republic reported.

He was struck in the back and head.

The border agent said he fired at the teen because he was being pelted with rocks and feared for his life.

Prosecutors contended Swartz became angered when he fired 16 rounds at Elena Rodriguez, adding that he had become frustrated with people on the Mexican side of the fence throwing rocks at agents.

They acknowledge that Rodriguez had been throwing rocks at the time of the shooting while two smugglers made their way back to Mexico.

image.thumb.png.f9f7be12159fdd5476474a5fc67b8a84.png

https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-agent-acquitted-of-involuntary-manslauther-in-death-of-mexican-teenager

WTF is going on here? First Im hearing of this. I hope thats not the fence the teenager was throwing rocks over.

Agent "feared for his life" .. standing behind that fence with a 16 year old throwing rocks? So he fired 16 shots and shot the kid in his head and back?

Use of lethal force is getting out of control in this country. Kid throwing rocks is a nuance ... not fear for your life BS.

So ****ing heated right now ... I need to stop reading the news .. i need to detach. 16 years old .. life no more. bc some asshole got frustrated and woke up on the wrong side of the bed. . . .

edit - reading the comments on the fox news article ... initial reaction is the far right are such scum bags but nowadays you dont know who is posting it. It could very well be russian and nigerian and iranian internet trolls posting things like "good target practice" or "left lost another voter" just to piss ppl like me off and create further divide. I cant attribute any internet comments or random tweets to the far right bc it could well be a foreign troll.

times like these ...

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

edit - reading the comments on the fox news article ... initial reaction is the far right are such scum bags but nowadays you dont know who is posting it. It could very well be russian and nigerian and iranian internet trolls posting things like "good target practice" or "left lost another voter" just to piss ppl like me off and create further divide. I cant attribute any internet comments or random tweets to the far right bc it could well be a foreign troll.

Just observing that you can't tell the difference between a Fox viewer (or our POTUS, I suppose) and a Russian troll. 

Edit:

I have the same problem. I've been trying to figure out if one of our posters is a paid sock puppet for the Republican Party for seems like 20 years. 

Edited by Larry

Bum rushing the border? Throwing rocks?

Just confirms all of Trumps fear mongering tweets. Maybe he was right to send some form of military. Some of those videos were ridiculous. Sorry, you arent just going to be let into our country. Not how it works.

You cant just bum rush a border and actually expect any positive results. Dems cant defend that and just provides proof to the right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Bum rushing the border? Throwing rocks?

Just confirms all of Trumps fear mongering tweets. Maybe he was right to send some form of military. Some of those videos were ridiculous. Sorry, you arent just going to be let into our country. Not how it works.

You cant just bum rush a border and actually expect any positive results. Dems cant defend that and just provides proof to the right.

Watching F&F this morning?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1067027168016896001?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1067027168016896001&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231067027168016896001

2 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

We have lost any ability to even pretend to be moral leaders in the world.  I am so ashamed of our country.  I wish we were better than this, but we clearly aren't.  We are not a country of compassion.  

We were never better than this.

That's the one thing that is good about Trump is that Americans can finally see that we have never been moral leaders.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

No .. read articles and watched videos last night. Seemed like something from Israel-Palestine.  Bum rushing the border fence, bum rushing the lanes for vehicle crossing and throwing rocks and objects ..... not helping the cause. I wouldnt blame Trump for shutting down the Ysidro border and then the locals TJ residents are going to be real pissed bc a lot of them have day passes and wait in a line for hours and hours to cross for work during day then head back to TJ at night. That crossing is a real important economic life line.

Im for enforcing our current immigration laws. Im for not allowing groups of people to bum rush our border and just get in and then disappear.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

We were never better than this.

That's the one thing that is good about Trump is that Americans can finally see that we have never been moral leaders.

That's a little extreme.  Make no mistake about it, if Trump could shot to kill people at the border, he would, that's different, this is different.

Anyone thinking trying to repair our image after Bush was hard, no single president can repair the threat of us going rouge again.