Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

The people still supporting this dude are beyond gone. No hope for them. 

*Sucks all those people died but look at how cool I was. Vote for this guy who was nice to me*

Why would they die?

14 minutes ago, twa said:

Why would they die?

I'm talking about the Pittsburgh visit where he made a movie about how awesome be was and then followed it up with a tweet about voting for the person who was nice to hin there oh and sorry people died I guess 

• Like 1

I'm not sure why we're sending armed troops there.  I figured there should have been a wall there by now, doing it's job.  I was promised a wall.  And since our doofus in charge is such a great dealmaker and "gets things done" I'm expecting him to make everyone understand why his wall is so necessary.  I was told Mexico was going to pay for it, too.  

It's a wall.  You've got one job, wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, twa said:

Is our border a foreign country combat zone?

No, which raises all sorts of Posse Comitatus issues that I don’t hear you asking. One would think that a Conservative who advocates for the historic laws of our nation would be a bit more concerned. But, you’ve sold out every other principle in order to maintain your support for Trump so it’s not exactly surprising.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

No, which raises all sorts of Posse Comitatus issues that I don’t hear you asking. One would think that a Conservative who advocates for the historic laws of our nation would be a bit more concerned. But, you’ve sold out every other principle in order to maintain your support for Trump so it’s not exactly surprising.

There are no issues until there are issues, Potus can move troops all over at will (comes with the job)

3 minutes ago, twa said:

There are no issues until there are issues, Potus can move troops all over at will (comes with the job)

“Wars have begun in such ways Ambassador.”

~Hunt For the Red October

But nothing like sending armed soldiers to defend against women and children refugees seeking the promise written in bronze at the feet of the Statue of Liberty. 

It’s sad to see the self proclaimed real patriots who do not even understand what actually made America great to begin with...and here’s a shocker it wasn’t turning away immigrants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm not sure why we're sending armed troops there.  I figured there should have been a wall there by now, doing it's job.  I was promised a wall.  And since our doofus in charge is such a great dealmaker and "gets things done" I'm expecting him to make everyone understand why his wall is so necessary.  I was told Mexico was going to pay for it, too.  

It's a wall.  You've got one job, wall.

Sorry, you got a fence instead.  Maybe because Mexico wouldn't pay.

skynews-kirstjen-nielsen-migrants_446629

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Well if they’re Leftists then it ok to kill them.

Apparently women and kids.

you must exist in a strange world. :ols:

in general deadly force can be met with deadly force, though as my son can demonstrate we can use other means.

is it women and children throwing rocks and breaking thru gates?

1 hour ago, twa said:

you must exist in a strange world. :ols:

in general deadly force can be met with deadly force, though as my son can demonstrate we can use other means.

is it women and children throwing rocks and breaking thru gates?

I exist in a world where seemingly sane people voted for a ****ing gameshow host to be President. So yeah, there’s a bit of Idiocracy going on in the world I live in. You on the other hand live in Texas, which as we all know has been livining in its own reality for a couple hundred years.

• Haha 1

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/news/education/we-are-better-than-this-middleton-teachers-dress-up-as-border-wall-latinos-for-halloween/277-610642983

'We are better than this:' Middleton teachers dress up as border wall, Latinos for Halloween

The district superintendent apologized Friday morning, saying the Idaho teachers used "poor judgment."

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

He could theoretically send the Navy and Marines.  They are currently prevented only by DoD regulations but those are easy to change.

Although the Navy and Marine Corps are not included in the act, they were made subject to it by DoD Regulation (32 C.F.R. Section 213.2, 1992).

Though he will probably use this as a loophole instead.

Pursuant to the presidential power to quell domestic violence, federal troops are expressly exempt from the prohibitions of Posse Comitatus Act, and this exemption applies equally to active-duty military and federalized National Guard troops.

10 U.S. Code Sections 331 through 334 provide guidance. Section 332 states: “Whenever the President considers the unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the United States, makes it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any state or territory by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into federal service such of the militia of any state, and use such of the armed forces to suppress the rebellion”

Or maybe that is why he keeps saying there are drug dealers in this caravan.

Congress created a “drug exception” to the Posse Comitatus Act. Under recent legislation, the Congress authorized the Secretary of Defense to make available any military equipment and personnel necessary for operation of said equipment for law enforcement purposes. Thus, the Army can provide equipment, training, and expert military advice to civilian law enforcement agencies as part of the total effort in the “war on drugs.”

https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/monograph_reports/MR1251/MR1251.AppD.pdf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1