Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

The woman who interviewed them, she said, filled out the application for them and took their fake Social Security and permanent resident cards.

Ms. Bautista said she handed over her false documents to a manager when she was hired. 

“It such common knowledge, you have no idea,” Ms Phipps said. “There are some people who I know got their green cards because they happened to marry a U.S. citizen, but they worked there for years undocumented.”

23 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Why the hell didn't Pelosi and Schumer ask Trump why they needed to budget for the wall since Mexico is going to pay for it?  Would have been a huge winner question. 

He's just going to lie and say the same thing. Mexico will eventually pay for it with some sort of border reimbursement.

I think bringing up Mexico paying for the wall will be a great debate response in 2020 when Trump is still running on the wall. It's been 4 years and Mexico hasn't put a penny into this wall. Whoever the Ds nominate can bring it up over and over.

I'm sure this thing is making Trump real popular behind closed doors in the GOP.  I mean, it combines:  

1)  Shutting down the government when the GOP is still fully in charge of the whole thing.  

2)  And forcing them to choose between voting for something that will increase the deficit (in a small, but highly visible way)

2a) At a time when the GOP is gearing up for their standard maneuver of sudden;y noticing the deficit (which they've intentionally inflated) so they can loudly demand that somebody else must do something about it (in a manner which the GOP demands, but doesn't want to say that they actually did.)  

2b) On a huge waste of money which a majority of voters oppose.  

3)  Or, ticking off the loony wing of the Party.  

And here's Trump, loudly demanding that the GOP must make this choice Right Now.  

Edited by Larry

I doubt that was what Trump sent them to the border for.

Clearly he sent them there for a political stunt and for him to look tough. He did also say they could shoot people and wanted them to be able to. 

That said, Mcaskill’s comment is unfair and obviously you are right, they can and have been used for other things.

Edited by visionary

25 minutes ago, visionary said:

I doubt that was what Trump sent them to the border for.

Clearly he sent them there for a political stunt and for him to look tough. He did also say they could shoot people and wanted them to be able to. 

That said, Mcaskill’s comment is unfair and obviously you are right, they can and have been used for other things.

Totally agree with everything here.  

This is murder.  She needed IV fluids.  Immediately.  Any ambulance/EMT could have saved her life.  Waiting 8 hours before calling for medical help?  

Shame on us.  Disgraceful.  I pray for accountability but have little hope.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcl05 said:

This is murder.  She needed IV fluids.  Immediately.  Any ambulance/EMT could have saved her life.  Waiting 8 hours before calling for medical help?  

Shame on us.  Disgraceful.  I pray for accountability but have little hope.

It doesn’t say what steps were taken so I’m not sure how you can come to that conclusion- if you are that long without food and water an iv isn’t going to magically make it better after it’s too late.  I blame the father more than anyone for letting his daughter go several days without food and water

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/12/migrant-caravan-members-demand-50000-apiece-go-bac/

some motives seem seem to be about money rather than better life for themselves and family.  50k won’t help if you are trying to get out of violence.  Seems some unfortunately are looking for a money grab rather than a better future.  Obviously this isn’t all but seems like only select things get shown

Edited by steve09ru
  • Confused 1