Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical: What Salary going forward for Kirk Cousins

ZRagone

I think we can remove the Hypothetical from the title of this thread now. Cousins is going to get paid. And he is going to get paid huge. Say what you want about Jason LaCanfora. But the guy still has his contacts in the organization. And they are saying they have already reached out to Kirks people about an extension. Cousins is not leaving the Redskins. Period. At the beginning of this thread I said Kirk is getting at least 10 mill per year from someone. After what he has done the past 8 weeks I will be shocked if he doesnt get closer to 17 or 18 mill per year. He would be by far the best FA QB available. He is getting franchised if a long term deal isnt reached by early March. I for one am ecstatic that he has played himself into the QB he is. There have been few QB's better over the xecond half of the season. The Redskins are set at QB for years to come at this point.

But how much should they really be expected to pay for the 28th best QB in the NFL?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000578287/article/qb-index-ranking-the-starters-from-1-to-32

That's an article a month old... Kirk have been playing pretty well over that span. It would be different by now.

Just like power rankings. We're not looking like bottom dwellers anymore.

That's an article a month old... Kirk have been playing pretty well over that span. It would be different by now.

Just like power rankings. We're not looking like bottom dwellers anymore.

LOL yeah thats a month old but there are others from wk14 where the idiots have him mid 20s. It's like they dont even watch the games.

Has this idea have been discussed in this thread?

What if Kirk says sorry I am going to another team because of a better offer and that would mean starting RG3 in 2016 since we have him for 2016 anyways. 

scared.gifscared.gifscared.gif

Because it's the Christmas season, instead of flaming you I'm going to post a picture of a rapper with some money.

tyga-twitter.jpg?w=600

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redskinsblog/kirk-cousins-contract-%E2%80%98i-want-be-where-i%E2%80%99m-wanted%E2%80%99-buffalo-bills

Cousins on contract: ‘I want to be where I’m wanted’       “Bottom line, like anybody else in any line of work, any job you have, you want to be where you’re wanted,” he said. “And I’m no different. So that’s the bottom line: I want to be where I’m wanted, and we’ll find out where I’m wanted in a few months. But we have a job to do before that, and that’s where my focus is: on right here and right now. And if we get the job done, I’d like to think I’ll be wanted here.”

*Click Link For More*

Because it's the Christmas season, instead of flaming you I'm going to post a picture of a rapper with some money.

<STAFF EDIT, RULE 11, DON'T QUOTE PICS, VIDS, OR LARGE BLOCKS OF TEXT, MEMBER WARNED>

Why flame me? Did you not understand my shudder gifs. I mean I like put 3 of them there to show how I really feel about that scenario.  

But in real life this can happen though. Just because we don't want to think about it but it can... or we still get rid of RG3 regardless and get a new QB... But that would mean end of Gruden here so I am sure he will do whatever it takes to keep Kirk here. This is what I want and most fans want that now. 

I have said from the get-go to give Kirk all 16 games this season to see if he is the future. Don't think many liked that idea too in the beginning saying he is at best a backup QB. But hey that's what you get from being a realist sometime. You have to cover all of your bases so no one can steal one. ;)

Cousins is very close to the 18 mil a year range at this point.  He is making all the throws, showing all the guts, and saying all the right things after each game win or lose.  He's a class act with capable qb intangibles.  If we make it to the playoffs, it's a big time contract with plenty of opt out options at the end of the third year. book it.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2015/12/21/redskins-are-sold-on-kirk-cousins-but-remain-undecided-on-his-value/?postshare=7221450712862671&tid=ss_tw

Redskins are sold on Kirk Cousins, but remain undecided on his value

The Washington Redskins are sold on Kirk Cousins as their starting quarterback beyond this season, and because of that, team officials are determined to avoid letting the fourth-year veteran depart via free agency this offseason.

The Redskins remain undecided when it comes to Cousins’s value, and contract talks between the team and the quarterback’s representatives have not yet reached advanced stages, two people with knowledge of the situation said. However, the team’s decision-makers find themselves in agreement over Cousins: He’s their starter long term, and not merely a bridge quarterback.

*Click Link For More* 

^^^

Though we still have the season to finish, and how we do finish matters, everyone enjoying Kirk's success here these days, and the games and wins, ought to give a big 'thank you" to that booger eating googly-eyed moron who had the football smarts and integrity to make a very high-pressure assessment correctly and fight for it, and the skills to help coach the guy up---patiently and cautiously, to the disdain of many. I already see the grimacing and hear the gnashing.  :P

^^^

Though we still have the season to finish, and how we do finish matters, everyone enjoying Kirk's success here these days, and the games and wins, ought to give a big 'thank you" to that booger eating googly-eyed moron who had the football smarts and integrity to make a very high-pressure assessment correctly and fight for it, and the skills to help coach the guy up---patiently and cautiously, to the disdain of many. I already see the grimacing and hear the gnashing.  :P

The worst coach in the NFL. 

^^^

plus...if one believes this is only a money thing..the Redskin Team may think it is worth the few extra million a year to see how Cousin handles this situation in a myriad of ways...they have the money and incentive....$100 Million contract for Fat Al $40ish million guaranteed(?) shows me that we can be convinced to be a generous negotiator...and Kirk knows that..."This team only goes as far as Kirk does" and I believe Kirk is going to get paid..   

The best thing Gruden has done for the team is put his support behind Kirk. For that alone, he deserves another year.

Other than that, he hasn't impressed. He is improving, but not as fast as Kirk.

Right. I'll credit him for believing in Kirk when I and many others certainly didn't. It takes stones to do what he did, no doubt. He's still left much to be desired over the past couple years all around as a head coach. Like Kirk, he's trending upwards. However if this team comes out flat and reverts back to running into walls on Saturday, we'll be back on the he sucks train again.

I'm thinking after the Bills, his floor will be 17M/Year.  Probably likely towards 18M.

If he has 4+ combined TDs over the next two weeks, I could actually see him pushing for 19M.  And it's definitely in play if we make the playoffs and win the first game.

Frankly, if we had to give him a 5 Year, 95M contract, I'd probably pull the trigger provided the difficulty/cost in cutting him wasn't too great after year 2.  Assuming he plays well, extend after year 3 to smooth out hits in years 4 and 5 for 3 more years, that gets him to age 35.

he wants to be wanted where it rains money. if it don't rain money he ain't wanted.

Maybe we can set him up with a Shake Shack deal where he gets free Shake Shack for life.

Then we just need Dan to buy out Shake Shack as a company and close any within 50 miles of any other football stadiums.

Archived