Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 Redskins vs Eagles (Final)

JimmiJo

Everything you said in this post is legitimate, but still, shut up. Just shut it. :P

Ok, how about this:

1. I'm absolutely loving Crowder and Grant getting opportunities, and both looking very good.  Both young, and can be large parts of this team for years to come.

2. While the OL was struggling with run-blocking, I thought they did an absolutely fantastic job at pass-protection all day.  Loving the Scherff/Moses right side.  Again, young players coming up big.  Really good sign.

3. I thought Cousins played one of his best games as a pro.  Stayed "clean" (no INTs), managed the game, made the big play when he needed to.  Really clutch, looked calm and collected the entire way.

4.  The first half defense was absolutely nasty.  And I hear the defense at the end was also (still haven't seen some of the end of the game...) That's a huge change.  If I heard right, the Eagles had one last opportunity, and Murphy and company stomped on their throats. That reminds me of the "Monday Night Miracle" game, where Brunnell hit Moss for the go-ahead TD, then ST21 slammed the door shut by absolutely destroying (some receiver who I really don't care to remember his name).  Separated man from ball, and preserved the victory.  

5. The team never gave up, and that's a sign of a really good locker room.

6.  We're not the Eagles.  Which I thank the good Lord for every day.

Better?

xx of 46 AND NO INTS?

FWIW, Cousins line was 31/46 (67%), 1 TD .  91.8 passer rating.  

I'll take that line from a Redskins QB 16 times a year, and we'd win 10-12 games with it.  

Anyone care to give me a quick rundown being as I got distracted with other personal sporting news and have literally seen nottin' of this game?

I'm beaming at 'Cousins game winning drive'; but if there's more to add .....

Appreciation in advance. 

Hail. 

We ran when we shoulda passed.  We passed when we shoulda run.  Stupid Gruden. :)

Got the ball on our ten with six minutes left.  Gruden kept feeding Al Mo, he got us out to midfield.

Cousins did the rest. :)

Her are my top 5 positives from this thrilling game:

1.  Kirk "Can't Sack Me" Cousins.

2.  Spencer "Nebraska Prime"  Long. 

3.  Trent "Octopus Arm" Murphy .

4.  Jamison "Always Makes the Catch" Crowder

5.(Tie)  Pierre "Animal" Garcon.

5.(Tie)  Albert "Old Reliable" Morris.

I think this is a team that needs to believe in itself - I posted nothing in the last week because the NY game was always a game we as a team were destined to have and will have in the future.

- i loved that although we were down late and Kirk still threw the ball way too much in the key drive we stuck with the run even though the eagles were stuffing us all day.

- i loved the fight

- After the horrible thursday night game in NY Kirk was on point almost all game - Kirk still makes the risky throws but when he is on he is on.

- i was astounded at how much air Crowder can get he plays 5-9 awfully big...

I dont think we should kick the D too much for letting te eagles back into the game as banged up as the back end is - they stopped them when it counted

Good game, still not convinced by Kirk and Jay and iu stick by my 6-10 prediction but the more they play like this and keep the locker room tight this is going to be a good team down the road

Skins can build on this win.  Keep running next week against the Falcons.  Eagles defense looked worn out at the end of our game today.

Don't know if we have anyone who can cover their best receiver so will have to double team him- Julio Jones.

Our defensive front four and the linebackers are playing really well now.

- After the horrible thursday night game in NY Kirk was on point almost all game - Kirk still makes the risky throws but when he is on he is on.

That Thursday Night game in NY doesn't count in any player evaluation.  The 'Skins win in NY about once every 5 years, and generally lose in embarrasing fashion.  This has been true for about 30 years.

It's the game every year that I chalk up as a loss.  Everybody is going to look bad, don't worry about it.

A WIN up there says a whole lot more than a loss.  Of the few times we've won up there, generally the 'Skins have had good seasons.  2011 is an exception, but they won there in 2007 in the Wind-bowl to help make the playoffs.  

That Thursday Night game in NY doesn't count in any player evaluation.  The 'Skins win in NY about once every 5 years, and generally lose in embarrasing fashion.  This has been true for about 30 years.

It's the game every year that I chalk up as a loss.  Everybody is going to look bad, don't worry about it.

A WIN up there says a whole lot more than a loss.  Of the few times we've won up there, generally the 'Skins have had good seasons.  2011 is an exception, but they won there in 2007 in the Wind-bowl to help make the playoffs.  

True true ... the giants absoulty humilated us in 2005 against form and then lost almost as big in the return game ...

Ok, how about this:

1. I'm absolutely loving Crowder and Grant getting opportunities, and both looking very good.  Both young, and can be large parts of this team for years to come.

2. While the OL was struggling with run-blocking, I thought they did an absolutely fantastic job at pass-protection all day.  Loving the Scherff/Moses right side.  Again, young players coming up big.  Really good sign.

3. I thought Cousins played one of his best games as a pro.  Stayed "clean" (no INTs), managed the game, made the big play when he needed to.  Really clutch, looked calm and collected the entire way.

4.  The first half defense was absolutely nasty.  And I hear the defense at the end was also (still haven't seen some of the end of the game...) That's a huge change.  If I heard right, the Eagles had one last opportunity, and Murphy and company stomped on their throats. That reminds me of the "Monday Night Miracle" game, where Brunnell hit Moss for the go-ahead TD, then ST21 slammed the door shut by absolutely destroying (some receiver who I really don't care to remember his name).  Separated man from ball, and preserved the victory.  

5. The team never gave up, and that's a sign of a really good locker room.

6.  We're not the Eagles.  Which I thank the good Lord for every day.

Better?

FWIW, Cousins line was 31/46 (67%), 1 TD .  91.8 passer rating.  

I'll take that line from a Redskins QB 16 times a year, and we'd win 10-12 games with it.  

Point 6 shouldnt be underestimated here, Eagles look a team lost, but we actually look like we have purpose & are playing like a 'team'.

We aren't going anywhere this yr, its still too early in this teams development but what was so exciting was seeing everyone buying in, that progress means we can be something in 2/3 yrs

Her are my top 5 positives from this thrilling game:

1.  Kirk "Can't Sack Me" Cousins.

2.  Spencer "Nebraska Prime"  Long. 

3.  Trent "Octopus Arm" Murphy .

4.  Jamison "Always Makes the Catch" Crowder

5.(Tie)  Pierre "Animal" Garcon.

5.(Tie)  Albert "Old Reliable" Morris.

Best thing you can say about a receiver?  "He catches the ball". 

Trivia:  Anybody know that the NFL record is, for third quarter penalties, for a season?  I think we've got a really good shot at it. 

You know what's funny? 

A lot of us were screaming abandon the run, lol. Usually it's the complete opposite and we're trashing the coaches for what we perceive as an abandonment. 

The last drive, the run game was huge. Suddenly, there were holes wide open. Their defense looked exhausted. They stuck with the run, something they were getting called out about, and it was huge reason why we won the game. 

Again, it shows that none of us have any idea when it comes to playcalling. Like, zero. We're not even close. I'm including myself here, because I was extremely frustrated with the running game, too... though I didn't ask for them to abandon it. But see how being quiet sometimes works? I get to not look as stupid as my thought would otherwise show. :lol:

Happy for you. :)

As I was saying during the game - the only successful runs we had were when the eagles were not playing a stack the box run defense - in that last drive they were playing pass and we were able to run then. 

And Have fun in Philly this week - but not so much that you end up in the hospital  :unsure:

I was really happy to see Crowder put up some stats with some catches tonight. I've been so tired of our WR draft picks being given a pass while they sit inactive buried on the depth chart with the horsecrap "well it really takes 3 years for WRs to come into their own". Other teams rookies seem to put up nice 40-50 catch seasons their rookie years, but our guys always need 3 years most of the time.

The Skins lost the turnover battle but still won the game, which doesn't happen in this league a lot unless you have a great QB.  Today, on that last drive, the Skins had a pretty damn good one.  I'm not a Cousins fan, but he made the plays on that drive when he had to. I was waiting for the INT that wasn't thrown on that last drive.   The guy stepped up and he should be commended for that.  One other thing that was AWESOME was that the Skins may have buried the Eagles (1-3, 0-2 in the NFC East)

O'le Mole... Living in Philly country this win means a lot. I gotta give the team a ton of credit fro fighting from start to finish. There is alot to be happy about for a team that is not necessarily competing for a super bowl.

Way to go Skins... Made my day to say the least

CRY EAGLES CRY

What a great game to be at. Eagles fans must have forgot how to spell after the game, because I did not hear one E - A - G - L - E - S chant while I was leaving the stadium. Have to hand it to Kirk in this one. Took care of the ball and guided us on a 15 play, 90 yard game winning drive to win it. I've been frustrated this year so far also with the predictable play calling on first down, but they did change it up a little, late in the third quarter, and it worked.

The Redskins have to be more disciplined. We're piling up penalties at an alarming rate and eventually that's going to catch up with us. I don't remember very many ( if any ) false starts today, but we still make too many penalties that are just senseless.

The defense has given up a grand total of seven points in three first - halves so far this year ( I think ) at Fed Ex, but we can't seem to break this habit of continuing to come out flat in the third quarter.

A big win, though. A division win. A conference win. If somehow, some way, we can get to 9 - 7, we know ...

It's all about tie - breakers.

I was at the game, one of the wilder and more fun games I've seen.  the Eagle fans were obnoxious and loud especially when they grabbed the lead.  BOTWP if you hate the Eagles fans you'd have enjoyed this one in person.  After the game: chants of Eagles suck, Redskins fans goading Eagle fans in the bathroom, it was pretty amusing.

Kirk I thought was great, the Redskins offensive line didn't look like a wall of protection to me today but Kirk was decisive with a quick release.  I was watching him as much as I could on the sideline (I was about 10 rows up from him), and I liked his body language.  Even when they lost the lead he looked confident, his head most of the time buried in reading something (assume looking at previous play diagrams).  And the idea of a conflict with RG3 didn't mesh with what I saw, he at times sat by and was talking to Kirk.

Watching Kirk, I actually did think he'd pull it off on that last drive.  To my eyes there was a lot of confidence-determination in him today and hopefully he keeps that going.

I was really impressed when Kirk avoided that sack in the end zone. On the live angle it looked like he just phased through a defender, on the back-end replay it was a very simple, very small side-step.

And the idea of a conflict with RG3 didn't mesh with what I saw, he at times sat by and was talking to Kirk.

This narrative taking off is wishful thinking from folks that can only seem to make their way in the world one click at a time.

Archived