Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 Redskins vs Eagles (Final)

JimmiJo

man, that was the toughest drive to watch, but it was great seeing us get the TD. i admit i was not expecting Kirk and company to lead us 90 yards down the field to get that TD. I was hoping though. also, good lord bradford is so horrible :lol: :lol: :lol:

wish i could quote everyone who said "Game over" or that one poster who said something along the lines "with a game in atlanta next weekend, we will be 1-4". if i could find their posts, i would quote them and say "what was that now?" :D

feels great to shut up those idiotic eagles fans and make their season a little worse :) :) :) 

As was said before the season---we have along way to go and a lot of work to do. It's ain't all gonna happen this year. I hope some of it does, as it slowly painfully seems to be so far (which is about the rate of what I expected) from what I can tell.

Why so many fans seem to project that we should be so in control of each game on both sides of the ball, series to series, week to week, from start to finish, given the actual state of the team going into this year is...just stupid...at this point.

Makes sense to me to set high standards, but not to take on unreal (even stupid) expectations for every actual outcome of every play/game/event and then act out stupidly to support that as part of a combo package.

The last three plays:

1)  Murphy is on the left side and zips around the corner at full speed to sack Bradford, rattling him.

2)  Murphy on left, Kerrigan right, they both converge on Bradford at the same time to sack him right away again.  Kerrigan is first by grabbing his jersey, Murphy finishing the sack.  I was corrected: Murphy was first in tackling him by the feet, while Kerrigan grabbed his jersey and then finished the sack.

3)  Only time for one play left, so Eagles try the "toss the ball behind you to another player" and "draw the opposing team to the left side of the field while throwing a long backwards pass to the right side hopefully for a TD run" play.  Murphy says NO WAY and intercepts that pass makes a fumble recovery by intercepting the backwards pass to shut the game down.

Electrifying!!!

Another that disappeared when we won. Don't come back either, please.

Another division loss for Cousins, what a shock.

Yay.  He won the stats battle.  As always, stats are for losers.  All that matters is "W" or "L".

This game is done.

this was a huge game for Kirk. he looked confident and sure all game. didnt really force anything like in the NYG game and had no INTs. t

that last drive was a thing of beauty. decisive and great ball placement. 

cant say enough about that last pas and catch. right into a tight window and Garcon held on after getting popped. 

feel really good after this win today. great team win. of course we have improvements and need people to recover (Culliver sooner rather than later and Jackson down the line), but im not going to nit-pick too much.

And honestly, if it wasn't for our secondary being in shamble, those Eagles would never have score those 3 TDs.

All that hand-wringing at our coaches, yet the plays were there to be made the entire game. And then no mention of Joe Barry's aggressiveness, just complaining when a completely decimated secondary, with our best guy playing hobbled, gave up some plays.

How many blitzes got there and they didn't bring Sam down?

They got the win. That matters more than anything else. That last drive was everything we've needed for so long.     

I predicted a big win for the eagles and have never been happier to be completely wrong.

I had to miss the first half, so only got to see them mount their second half comeback. Until that last TD I was convinced that I was a jinx.

Feeling so much pride right now. Not only a hard fought win for us, but a brutal loss for them, lol.

And yet in 19 mins they were still about to kick our ass. 

About to? Does "about to" have a place in the Win/Loss column? They didn't get a lead until the 4th quarter. Largest lead was 4 points. They scored a whopping 20 points the whole game. Not to mention, their big plays came after BS penalties. Can't be happy with a division home win?

Archived